I couldn't believe it when i opened up the file

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

I couldn't believe it when i opened up the file

Post by McDeth »

This is a good one, and i hope the chap concerned doesn't mind me posting this, ( I dont even know if he frequents Talkbowl but i cant resist )

Here's the scenario. its half time in a PBEM game, i wont reveal the league to protect ID's. Anyway I am winning 1-0 and looking in goood shape, until a crummy kick off result ko's 4 of my players and two fail the sweltering heat roll. So basically i am in the crap.

The game continues as normal, and i'm expecting my opponent to quickly run the ball in then swarm my players when i get the ball back and take an easy 2-1 victory, with very probably little i can do to stop him.

Plans get complicated, when somehow i manufacture a 1 die Blitz on the ball carrier which knocks the ball free, i've no movement left to pick it up, and the next few turens result in the ball being fumbles around. When he finally recovers it, by this time me another ko down and a few men on the floor. instead of bludgeoning a way through he retreats alittle, presumably for a long pass or something ( hey i'm no mind reading i'm just trying to read what was happening, how wrong could i be ). At this stage all i can do is stand players up and await the charge or pass for a TD. it didn't come instead he retreated further away. Cheekily i mail back that he's obviously playing for the draw, and now with only two turns left he sends me a mail sdaying he's made the TD and the scores are sat at 1-1. Strange since at this point there was no-one within TD range even with a pass. Much to my amusement i open the file to find he's run the ball into his own end-zone, then set up his players for the next kick off, in my half.

It could only happen in E-mail :lol:

Reason: ''
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

wow... i thought i was the only one who ever did that....

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Maybe it WAS you?

Either way that's really funny!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

I was in a similar situation in one of my last games, except my opponent blitzed and pushed my ball carrier into the endzone I thought I was scoring in. I was really confused when I got the file back and couldn't figure out why I didn't get the TD, until I rewound to discover I had run the wrong way...

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Ah bless.

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

That reminds me of the old Vikings play back in the '60s NFL films will show from time to time. 49ers moving the ball, ball is popped loose, and the Vikings DB picks up the ball and runs all the way....into his own end zone. The rest of his team frantically chases after him, probably with the thought of taking him down if need be, to no avail. The look on his face when he realized his gaffe was priceless. :smoking:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

LoL
i will try to do it in Amsterdam tournament and will take a picture of my opponent face :o

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

good make sure its against me

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Won it 1-0, what a way to win against a 2-1 man advantage, one i'll remember for a long time :lol:

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

McDeth

You should have let him score - feeling sorry for him.

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Heh ... I can only hope its your MBBL2 game so I can watch it. Need some good laughs.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Seems like jake has decided to come clean :D , sent this to me today. What a great sport!!

I'll own up to the huge Bone Head play. I didn't pay attention to the direction I was moving for 2 turns.

Why can't life have rerolls?

When I started reading the post, I thought is sounded similar, the sweltering heat, scrum near the endzone, running the wrong way.....
Then I knew it was me. Horribly stupid play and ultimately very laughable. thanks for not mentioning my name, but I'll take my lumps in the court of public opinion. I'm just glad others have done it as well.

That team has since disbanded in disgrace. Small wonder.

thanks

Jake Jacobs