MBBL Season 2 --- Round 4

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

MBBL Season 2 --- Round 4

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Round 4 kicks off ....

The Vampire teams got a good mix of opponent's this round:

Martyn's Dark Elves, Lynn's Skaven, and Fred's Chaos Dwarves

Galak

As for my Halflings ... well its time for battle of the Stunties ... Goblin vs Halfling and we both are missing a Big Guy ... it will be interesting.

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Well, I'm up agaist Chaos Dwarves this time, hope I don't get too badly mauled.

The stunty match up should be a good one. I remember a game in a tabletop league that had gobbos play flings, can't remember who won but what carnage! there were 6 CAS for each side, it was fun to watch.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

My chaos team seems to attract experimental team.
This time i am meeting Pariahs chaos pact.
Could get very messy, since he have 3 BIG GUYS but only 9 players.

The game had not a great start as a riot costed me 4 turns of the half, and i was receiving.
And now he have killed 1 of my beastmen to, and i just failed a 2 dice block with reroll!
Oh, and did i mention i can not even beat an AV 6 roll.

It looks like its going to be halflings next game.

Asmodan

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Crap. After last game's mauling I've got 10 elves lining up against seannewboy's Necromantic mob. Uh oh. :-?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

ARGHH!!!! 5 turn riot ... well since my Treeman failed his Take Root at least I only have to endure 3 turns without my Big Guy.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, my vamps have got some skaven, so it'll be interesting how I manage with 2 ST5 players and a AG 5.

3 GR's with catch though, better watch for the throw otherwise it'll be "Goodnight Vienna"

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

My game against sean is a non-starter...I set up, send off the file and due to a pitch invasion and a coupla blocks: 3 stunned players, 3 KO'ed, 1 BH ( ST4 DW), and 1 Niggled.
So I had a total of 5 players left on the field, 3 to unstun and of the 2 left standing, one is ST-1 from a previous encounter. I apothed the DW, but this game was over in terms of result before I took my turn one.
That sucks. Now it's just a case of how many Sean wins by and whether the Heirs will survive at all. Gutted. :cry:

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Like i said in email DW im not counting u out till im +2 td's and its 2nd half. Seen too many elf teams run the ball with 5-6 guys, now if your 3 ko's dont show up next drive then i will relax alil bit.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I'm only two turns into the match against Joe's vampires, but already the Lord has seriously injured one of my elves with Block. He's wielding a stiletto (counts as RSC) but didn't even need that as he rolled 12 on the IJ roll. Joe is trying to avoid using the Bloodthirst vampires as far as I can tell - in the second turn, he left one prone and didn't move the other two. I have managed to KO a thrall, but I think I have to hope that I can remove move thralls from the pitch and that the vampires start failing Bloodthirst rolls quickly. (None have been failed so far.)

To be honest, the vampire lord seems really rather strong - but having no players with Dauntless (damn the fact it's a trait!) I really just need to be patient and try and remove thralls while hoping the vampires help me to do the same.

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well the HoA vs FU is all over, the elves did what elves do. 6-3 for the HoA, it mite have been tied up if a 3 dice block to remove a tz from the ball had not been 3 pow/skulls, which knocked us both over. After 4 games 7 out of 15 (12 starters) still have 2 exp on the FU. The ghoul kicker now has block, catch is next. The fu are still 10k from their last position player, a ghoul runner, but will start the next game with all the players(barring niggle).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

The funny thing about the Vampire Lord is that he's a liability waiting to happen with the handicap rules. On most teams he'll be the brunt of the vast majority of handicap rolls (especially when they fix the table as they promised to do next review).

So he great early on, but as he grows, I think he'll play fewer and fewer games.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Deathwing wrote:My game against sean is a non-starter...I set up, send off the file and due to a pitch invasion and a coupla blocks: 3 stunned players, 3 KO'ed, 1 BH ( ST4 DW), and 1 Niggled.
So I had a total of 5 players left on the field, 3 to unstun and of the 2 left standing, one is ST-1 from a previous encounter. I apothed the DW, but this game was over in terms of result before I took my turn one.
That sucks. Now it's just a case of how many Sean wins by and whether the Heirs will survive at all. Gutted. :cry:
*cough* I'll have a large slice of humble pie please. :oops:

An awful lot of successful dodges and some desperate defending later the Heirs come away with a 2-1 win. Despite my early despondency, not too much went wrong on the field...and Sean's lack of re-rolls hurt him badly in the end. A lot of weight was placed on the shoulders of my ST4 DW who managed to pop the ball loose towards the end despite putting himself bang in line for getting frenzied into the crowd. (He was, but just a stun fortunately). So overall, just a niggle on a linelf from the game, and I picked up enough for a third Lion Warrior.
Thank You Nuffle! :)

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Thank You Nuffle!
Yea thanks Nuffle. :x

P.S. Yes, i definately started that team with too few rerolls.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Doomville Dephilers won 1-0 in touchdowns over Darkcloud Crushers.
Even if he started with only 9 players the difference showed to be that he had no problems in knocking me down and injuring my players(he killed one and SI another) while my chaos on the other hand rolled double skulls or skull/blocks every turn on 2 dice block, and when they did knock an opponent down they could not break their AV.
They even failed to break his AV 6 player armour.

So now i truly need an easy team as i only have 10 plkayers for my next game and no money :(

Asmodan

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Well my game vs Fred's SBGs is almost through the first half due to a 6 turn riot on the first kick-off, so won't be much action until the second half. I did SI one of his CDs but he used Apoth on him, that reminds me I forgot to give the player the CAS (so used to it being done auto on Skijunkies tool).

GO STAMPEDERS!