Lustrian Premier League, Round 2

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Lustrian Premier League, Round 2

Post by martynq »

How are people's matches going?

I'd say that at half-time in the match between my chaos and Dave's elves, Dave is thrashing me 1-1.

I received first and made a complete mess of protecting the ball carrier, with Dave managing to get the ball off me quite easily, protect it much better and then score. (He managed to kill a beastman in the process, which I apo'd.)

Second drive, I had 10 to set up against his 11 (one beastman KO'd). Then ghosts came and scared off 4 beastmen and 3 elves. (Quite a strong Kick-Off Table result that one, Phil!) However, Dave managed to overextend himself and I managed to run (!) a Chaos Warrior through who eventually scored, though Dave did manage to give another beastman a niggle.

This left Dave 2 turns in which to score again with his elves. Fortunately he didn't, but he did manage to BH another beastman.

So although it is 1-1, for one drive I played like a complete incompetent, while Dave's elves are complete thugs having inflicted 3 casualties to my none. (I've only managed to break armour once and that resulted in a stun.)

As a final comment, Phil, I find the pitch for the Memorial Ground a bit too light-coloured. Can you make it a little bit darker, since it's rather hard to actually see the numbers on it.

Martyn

Reason: ''
Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

well... my match with woody is over... boy is it...

lets see, it ended up being 5-0, with 5-1 casualties...

but i won enough money to hire a slew of freebooters for the next match, no way to susptain a team, so hey...

as for the memorial park image, i'll darken it a bit and let you know via the mailing list where and when you can swap it out...

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

MartynQ

Who said Chaos were tough?! Anyway - I think you have been very unlucky with my av / injury rolls - I've never seen anything like it.... However, dodges and important blitzes to get into position have been shall we say more normal for Elves - I think I used both my rerolls in the first 2 turns of the half! (and needed several more later on!).

And yes... I did over extend.... but then I enjoy putting a bit of pressure on the offence - it forced you to pass which for a Chaos team is not normally what you want to do... this time it didn't work but then it does make you think!

Anyway - the knuckle dusters are out for the second half....... :wink:

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Dangerous Dave wrote:Who said Chaos were tough?!
Mine clearly aren't!
this time it didn't work but then it does make you think!
I'm now quite happy (with the exception of the niggled beastman). My team has scored, which was something that looked pretty unlikely after the first shambolic attempt this game. Even if I lose 3-1, I will feel that I've not done too badly.

Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

There's confidence!

I tell you what - if you let me score 2 more TDs.... I'll let you score 1 more and then you will be "over the moon"!

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I would agree to this, but I think that Phil might not be too happy if we were to make such agreements. :)

Martyn

Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

In the other game at Memorial Park, the Phaoronic Phootballers opened the scoring to lead 1-0 early in the 1st half. Horns a Plenty suffered horrendous luck, fumbling pickups and falling over during blocks, and by halftime had failed to mount any effective offence at all. Receiving in the second half, they appeared a team revitalized, and in no time at all, 3 humans lay KO'd by the sidelines. The Horned ones equalized quickly, and things were looking grim for the Humies. Regaining only one from the KO box, they now faced the prospect of an offensive drive 2 men short. Then something extraordinary happened as the humies found the zone. Dodges, passes, one dice knockdowns, nothing was beyond them, and soon the catcher stood just short of the EZ, ball in hand. Unfortunately, here he was stunned, and in the ensuing melee, a beastmen was BH and a warrior pushed clear of the ball in time for the catcher to regain his feet and score what would appear to be the match winning TD in turn 7 of the 2nd half.
Honestly, while Al's dice appeared broken, I have never rolled better in my life. Apart from the other game I played that night that is, where my Dwarves scored a 2 turner against some Wood Elves :lol: , been keeping that in for days..Boy did I enjoy that..... I could get absolutely mashed in every game I play for months, and I'd still be smiling.

You're only as old as you feel
gold_penguin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gold_penguin »

Methusalah wrote:Apart from the other game I played that night that is, where my Dwarves scored a 2 turner against some Wood Elves :lol: , been keeping that in for days..Boy did I enjoy that..... I could get absolutely mashed in every game I play for months, and I'd still be smiling.
shut up dude. No, really, shut up. :wink:

You know I minded that less than when you KO'd my treeman (a new recruit, who had missed the whole first half) in your first turn without him even getting a chance to do anything. You have no idea how mad I was. People at work kept looking at me, wondering why I had gone all quiet, and why my eyes were glowing red. :evil: :pissed: :smoking:

(emoticons added to make joking intent of post clear)

Memo to myself:
- Do the dumb things I gotta do
- Touch the puppet head
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

Apologies if I've pressed your buttons there GP. No gloating intended. Hope everythings still ok re the bushfire situation. Just for the record I got beaten 3-2 by a better team and coach :)

You're only as old as you feel
gold_penguin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gold_penguin »

Sorry Methuselah, I guess I forgot to add the appropriate emoticons to my first message. :oops:

No apology from you needed. You didn't push any of my buttons. I was just joining in on the fun!!! :D

Memo to myself:
- Do the dumb things I gotta do
- Touch the puppet head
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

phil wrote:as for the memorial park image, i'll darken it a bit and let you know via the mailing list where and when you can swap it out...
Make sure you copy me so I can update the official site.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Well my second game didn't go so good...

I suffered a 4-1 loss... but had a bunch of crap rolls and the worst times and you just can't do that when playing Lizardmen and you are Necromantic...

Oh well... maybe next time.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

MartynQ

How did you turn with your Chaos boys go? Are you within striking distance of the end zone?... and what's your odds of scoring to force O/T?

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I'm within sight of the endzone - I went for it loads of times and only needed my one re-roll (and, of course, I still have one available for the final turn).

The cage is beginning to look more flimsy, but you will need to roll some dice to get at the ball carrier. My chances look ok of forcing O/T... I might still fail, but I'm currently in with a shout.

Martyn

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

we don't have OT for regular season games, guys... a tie is a tie... OT is only used in cup matches...

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League