New PBeM league (PDHBBL) looking for new members

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

New PBeM league (PDHBBL) looking for new members

Post by GalakStarscraper »

For those of you not getting enough Blood Bowl, a new PBeM is starting and is looking for new members.

http://home.attbi.com/~shub-niggurath/

Uses the MBBL2 format for PBeM (ie the 76 rosters allowed).

Galak

Reason: ''
bubb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bubb »

My roster is on the way. Do you still want to do a practice match? I am playing in several PBeM leagues now but haven't played using MBBL2 rules, only LRB.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Wendall is the commish of this league and he asked for one practice match, but if he's hurting for people he might let you in ... email him and find out. His address is on the site for the link above.

The MBBL2 rules really are not that bad to get your hands around. We've streamlined and automated everything in the PBeM tool to the point where its not that difficult to play with that rule set like the PDHBBL will. The LRB is the basis for the rules, so everything else is just an add on ... very very few actual rule changes.

Anyway, give Wendall a write and see what he wants.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

bubb wrote:My roster is on the way. Do you still want to do a practice match? I am playing in several PBeM leagues now but haven't played using MBBL2 rules, only LRB.
You don't need an MBBL2 practice match ... just let him know that you've played in xyz league already for PBeM and that will be fine. The biggest thing with the MBBL2 rules base is chosing one of the 76 rosters to play.

Galak

bubb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bubb »

You don't need an MBBL2 practice match ... just let him know that you've played in xyz league already for PBeM and that will be fine. The biggest thing with the MBBL2 rules base is chosing one of the 76 rosters to play.

I was on the site looking. You are not kidding.....

bubb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bubb »

Any idea on whe nthis league is going to start? I have e-mailed Wendall a couple times w/o a reply. I was hoping maybe he was on the boards or GalakStarscraper would have some insight..

I'm sorry. I just need more BB all of the time....... :roll:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

bubb wrote:Any idea on whe nthis league is going to start? I have e-mailed Wendall a couple times w/o a reply. I was hoping maybe he was on the boards or GalakStarscraper would have some insight..

I'm sorry. I just need more BB all of the time....... :roll:
I've seen if I can dig Wendall up.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Why, can't you remember where you buried him?

Wendall R.
Rookie
Rookie

Crawling out of my pit

Post by Wendall R. »

Looks like Tom dug me up ;)

PDHBBL should be starting up very soon, I've got around 10 teams right now... I've been working this weekend on putting up the division roster, but since I really bite with web design it's coming along slowly. I plan on starting the first round of games in a week.

If you want to put a team up, email me at wendallr@hotmail.com. That's my primary email... if you have problems contacting me that way, you can email me at shub-niggurath@attbi.com, or join up onto the PDHBBL yahoogroups board.

"McDonald's will make you fat. McDonald's has the Big Mac. They have the Quarter Pounder; they will put pounds on you. McDonald's is the place to ROCK." - Wesley Willis, Rock n' Roll McDonald's
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Any PDHBBL coach want a pre-season friendly? I know I need some games practice with the were.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Just a small question to Galak. Will my necrarches have correct regen rolls automatically?

P.S. Wasnt hypno gaze changed to the beginning of the vamps action?

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

sean newboy wrote:Just a small question to Galak. Will my necrarches have correct regen rolls automatically?

P.S. Wasnt hypno gaze changed to the beginning of the vamps action?
If you have the team name correct the Regen is automatic.

Vampire - Necrarch

If this is the race and yes the spaces are important the game automatically adds +1 to the Regen.

And no H Gaze has not been changed to the beginning. You can still use it anytime during the Vampire's action.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
coldsteel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by coldsteel »

Darkson wrote:Any PDHBBL coach want a pre-season friendly? I know I need some games practice with the were.
Sure, I just applied to the league, gimme a holler at syksrep159@cs.com

Wendall R.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wendall R. »

Thanks for pointing that out, Tom... I didn't have the Necrarch's (or the Lahmian substitute team's) race correctly spelled. :oops:

"McDonald's will make you fat. McDonald's has the Big Mac. They have the Quarter Pounder; they will put pounds on you. McDonald's is the place to ROCK." - Wesley Willis, Rock n' Roll McDonald's