MBBL2 Round 1 - Season 3 started

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

MBBL2 Round 1 - Season 3 started

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Well the MBBL2 is back in business.

If you have not received your game file yet then I have a wrong email address for you. Let me know ASAP.

Galak

My Snotling team is only on turn 2 of the 1st half and already have 2 Snots in the injury box ... eh gads.

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I havent heard from Don Khan yet, but not worried with the holidays, not sure i want to see the results from his 1st turn yet. :roll:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Knew i dint wanna see that first turn, poison dagger bh'ed my spellcaster. Dint use the apoth since he has 4 mb's with my av 8. On the other hand I love using wings to bypass a line. I cant wait to get that guy doubles so i can give him leap, wouldnt have had to use a reroll at all that turn.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well a blitz on the first Kick Off has put the Dorks into a difficult position. The Star blitzer was KO'd by a foul and when I manage to get through Foul Appearance, I either can't seem to get them down or break armour. Even when I wanted a push... I got block - so the Chaos Warrior with Double Blitz stayed on the pitch :(

I've recovered the ball but am being pushed back towards my goal line. I may have to long bomb the ball away.... but with all that Foul Appearance, I'm very likely to fumble it!

At least I've kept back the Storm Giant until the second half........ :o

Dave

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well its the second turn for Demon Spawn and Captain Chaos has 2spps (too bad Caruso couldnt pick up the bouncing ball :-? ). He used the dodge skill to put a hit on the Elf, had to use team reroll make him prone, but o well, a deaths a death. Something tells me that personal apothecary is about to make a roll, come on a 1. :evil:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Halftime report for Microcosmos vs Demon Spawn. The score is 0-0, each side has had one casualty, micro from a poison dagger, Demon from a block on the elf nancy boy (woulda died if not for a pers apoth). So next half the Demons recieve with 9 guys.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Axme Akkademi of Inventions have taken the lead over Bad Mist Rising after only 2 turns as a clanrat used his Rat-A-Pult to throw himself over the BMR defense, and then received the ball after a perfect pass by the skaven thrower.
Its now BMR turn 3 and a devious clanrat just freed a boulder from a nearby mountain, and knocked down 2 BMR players as the boulder hit the ground.
He was one square from knocking down all 4 players who was standing around the ball.

Asmodan

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Anyone got a demon going cheap. I need one on the team just to pick the f :pissed: g ball up.

AARRRGGHHHHHH!!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'm still waiting to get going. :(

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Me too. My Nurgle boys are anxious to get busy rotting.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:Anyone got a demon going cheap. I need one on the team just to pick the f :pissed: g ball up.

AARRRGGHHHHHH!!
Sure Hands is the Fimirs best friend.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Trouble is they need 6 SPP's to get Sure Hands, and the way they're playing it'll take them 6 games to get that many :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

High & Mighty wrote:Me too. My Nurgle boys are anxious to get busy rotting.
Your opponent is online and wondering where you are right now.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

WHY can I never roll with my normal teams like I do when I play a substitute team.

Had a late entry to the MBBL2 so I agreed to play the Unholy Araby sub team against his Dark Elves ..... (there has never been a real Unholy Araby team in the MBBL2 ... free Frenzied Mummies ... I'm surprised no one tries it .... ANYWAY ...)

First turn he sets up to kick. My Ball & Chain Devish opens up a hole. A Bedouin runs in for an assist. The 2nd Dervish blitzes a Dark Elf blitzer 1 square from the sideline. First 2 dice block result, Pow and Push ... take the Push ... Frenzy ... 2nd 2 dice block result, Pow and Pow/Dodge. Into the crowd ... crowd KILLS the blitzer.

I NEVER have this type of fortune with my normal teams. I really like both the Araby teams and play well with them. If I don't get one for Season 4, I'll have to shelf the Snotlings to give one a whirl ... definitely leaning towards Unholy ... (2 Frenzied Mummies, 6 Skeletons with Dauntless and Frenzy, and 4 other MA 7 players with Dauntless and Frenzy... muh ha ha ha ha !!!!!) If you've never seen the rules for this team, check them out ... death for all the living players is just a transition point to something better. Took a Ball & Chain player on the sub team just to hopefully speed up the team's acsension rate.

Anyway ... just had to complain ... I actually feel sorry for my opponent. Brand new PBeM coach with his bright and shiny DE team and I try to pick a team that shouldn't be to rough on him .... what do I do ... kill a prized positional player on my first turn before he's ever played the team a single turn .... if I had an apothecary (Unholy Araby are not allowed to have them), I'd use him for my opponent .... oh well ... haven't received his turn back yet ... hope he didn't quit in digust from that play.

Total damage before he ever got to play the team: 1 Dead, 1 KO, 1 Stunned, 1 Prone ... not bad but it is expensive to replace Elves ... ask Martyn ... :lol:

Galak

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Your opponent is online and wondering where you are right now.

Galak
Just resent the file. Guess the original's floating around in Cyberia somewhere.