MBBL round 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

MBBL round 3

Post by Scott King »

Time for the kickoff of the round discussion. I'll start, coz I'm in a whinging mood.

Terrornaki Destoyers vs Darkcloud Crushers

First roll that effects me: 1 - My skink runner misses the game from niggling injury.

Second roll : Kickoff - free blitz for the kicking team, so while I receive he gets a free turn.

Third roll (The first of my turn one): My thrower fumbles a short pass on the reroll. So after only one turn from me, I haven't done sh*t, while he's had a whole turn!! :pissed:

There. Got that off my chest... how's everyone else doing?

Reason: ''
If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I get the feeling I am going to get the crap kicked out of me this game. Things not going too good so far. BTW, I am playing vamps vs. Jim's Dwarves. On the kickoff, they got a blitz and killed on of my thralls. Tried to apoth him but failed. His next turn, he BHs one of my vamps, and all I seem to be able to do is knock his squats prone. This is going to be a long game. I hope I have something that resembles a team at the end of it.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Well the 2 Pact teams are knocking heads much the same way I did with the Lustrians last round. Difference is that this game my troll was knocked out and my marauder with MA increase is dead because I hired a worthless apothecary.

Like I said. The giant teams will beat each other balck and blue just in time to appear balannced when they play normal teams. I can't wait to get beat by the elfs next round!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

I feel with you Scott, even though its 5 of my players that are standing next to the ball in the middle of your half.
But don´t worry to much, if i know my chaos right they are sure to stuff this up.

Asmodan

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

It's still early days in my dark elves game against Robert Arnholm's skaven - but I'm doing my usual trick of losing players by failing dodge rolls. We've both lost three players due to knock-outs... put five of those six have occurred during my turns. I still have the ball, but I doubt I'll keep hold of it.

Oh yeah... who said wild animal was too negative?? Have you seen Robert's rat ogre: block + tackle in addition to all the usual stuff. I'm not convinced that putting four elves next to him in the hope of getting a turnover will work at all!

Cheers,
Martyn

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Turn 7. Pariah has one player left on the pitch. I will kill him before Turn 8.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I agree Rob's Rat Ogre is tough. I could hardly get him down even putting 2 Mummies next to him.

Dave

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Yeah it's sad that the only team capable of knocking us around is another Chaos Pact! HA!

Just remember Anthony, you've only killed one guy. Everybody else is just K.O.'d. We'll be back!!!

God these teams are broken. lol

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well in an amazing half of Bloodbowl, the half time score is:-

Gangrenettes 3 Sylvan City Blades 3 (ie 1 TD each)

Perhaps the most amazing stat is that there have been no casualties scored by either side in the game to date (well the crowd got one). So after 16 cas in 2 games, the softer Khemri have not been able to score 1 so far.

So far there have been 3 kick offs - the first was a blitz which allowed the Elves to run away from the massed ranks of Mummies. The second 2 were BOTH pitch invasions - the first of these was drawn KOing 1 Mummy and stunning a Blitz Ra but also KOing 2 Elves and stunning 4 more. The 2nd Pitch Invasion SI'd an Elf and KO'd a few.

The Strength 5 Lion Warrior has been the mainstay of the Elves. The Mummies have failed to get him down and he dodges away and blitzes the ball carrier. Damn.....

The Khemri's Dirty Player saw lots of action, but in 4 attempts before being sent off he only achieved 1 KO. The Elves, surprisingly have found the prone Mummies (after Piling On) too tempting and have been fouling back - also with no success.

The Elves are to receive in the second half and have 9 players (2 still KO'd) to the Ganger's 10 (Mummy still KO'd).

If the Elves want to score, I feel that they can pretty much walk in unopposed. The lack of speed and agility of the Khemri is making a real difference - since in order to protect the ball, 5 players have been kept away from the fighting. The changes made to the roster have made a huge difference to the ability of the team to compete.

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

However, Dave the score is tied ... so the Khemri are not getting run over by the much faster more agile High Elf team.

This is a good sign to me. The fact that this is a close game.

Oh and Pariah ... Anthony's Chaos Pact team has NO big guys ... to say that its another big deal CP team beating you down doesn't add up to me. Anthony's CP team looks a lot like a Norse team to me with a Gutter Runner.

Galak

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

He got some good dice rolls and some good kick off results in the first half.
Not to mention that I was down a big guy due to playing another unbalanced team in the round before. Then my troll was KO'd on the kick off. We have had the same team all game but he's getting KO'd results and I'm not.

But whatever, Galak, the team is perfectly balanced and should be added straight away. Nobody has any trouble with the Pact and I am totally in left field. The BBRC is so smart and I can't possibly come up with a better way tp make allies.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

We're about to come to the end of a diabolically played drive on my part. Provided Rob doesn't do anything crazy, he can just walk in his gutter runner to score in the last turn of the first half.

He has three players knocked-out, while I have three players knocked-out and one badly hurt. Only one of these was inflicted during Rob's turns - his rat ogre managed to KO a player. Everything else has happened in mine. My catching blitzer, my witch elf and my leader line-elf have all failed dodge rolls and being KO'd or worse. I have to say that it was crazy to give Leap to my other blitzer - I can't manage 2+ rolls so why on earth am I going to risk a 3+ leap???

Sometimes I am so incompetent at this game that I wonder why I don't give up and play tiddly-winks instead. :roll:

I need to enroll in the Balrog-Acerak-Marcus-Sputnik school of Blood Bowl (if such were to exist!).

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hmm just because the score at H/T is tied, doesn't mean a lot. As it is, despite a Perfect Defence kick off roll it looks to me like the Elves are going to score on turn 2 of the second half. As I said earlier - its a real struggle since you either risk leaving the ball exposed or you don't have enough players for the fight.

So anyway - too early to say but my first impressions are that the change is HUGE.

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

We're now nearly halfway through the second half and I'm two touchdowns down and probably about to go 3 touchdowns down.

Rob's Rotten Rats received at the beginning of the second half. There was a Blitz result so I managed to get away from the rats on the line and run two players through into his half to threaten him thrower. He sent his rats down one side of the pitch and I managed to KO three players and get a tackle zone on the ball carrying gutter runner. He then ran to the other side of the pitch. I managed to SI a linerat and get another tackle zone on the gutter runner, but by now I was badly stretched out. He knocked out the player covering the gutter runner and ran in to score.

I received and there was another Blitz result. He seemed to make much better use of it and left me in some problems. I then rolled a double skull and the ball is one side of my half of the pitch with very few of my players near it... and a good chance that his faster rats will get it soon.

So... I still have yet to ever beat skaven... and won't do so this time.

Martyn :cry:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, due to internet problems Tom's played the 1st 2-3 turns of my game against Bob's dwarves (2 dwarf teams in 2 games with a starting team - bad luck or what :roll: ).

He's done better than I would as he didn't manage to kill any of his/my own players :D

Yet to see this team as overpowered, but maybe they need a good coach :-?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.