Pub League Trash Talk

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Pub League Trash Talk

Post by sean newboy »

Ok, the Doodlebloods now have a ST 4 weapon as well as some other teams, so Bite me your all going down :P . Line up to take your beatings cus its time for all u Ale Swilling, Peanut Scarfing, Bar Flies to get whooped on by the Steak serving, Bad A**, Battle ready Doodlebloods!
:P :wink: :D :P :wink: :D :P :wink: :D

Reason: ''
Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Yeah what happened with the PUb league. I haven't played a match in awhile!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Loooong round this time! Dunno how many games we're waiting on.

My brave boys underdogs are awaiting Vesticle's 'far-too-good-for-a-pub' team of pro 'ringers' that have swept all before them.

Actually, was talking about stat increases the other weekend. I reckon that they're far too unbalancing in a pub league. In a game where there's frequently not many players on the field, a ST4 Blitzer is too much. That's a player that'd be moving up to the Pros pretty quickly (I've got one too!).
Maybe there should be some sort of 'spotted by a scout' system where there's a (increasing by game?) chance of position players with stat increases being recruited by the big leagues. It supposed to be about incompetent pissed-up lineman, not superstars that'd grace the Reikland f***ing Reavers!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Dunno how many games we're waiting on.
Well my game against the BhB was one of them and we just wrapped things up the other day.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Congratulations Sean. I'm sure he'll be happy to meet up with my *2* ST4 blitzers. ;)

I've certainly had a lucky run with team development, I won't try to claim it's anything else. I think in honesty, though, I might have rather had a handful of more spread out skills on some lineman, that I probably would've hit had my opponent not conceded so early.

Oh well, I'll be aiming for a +AG roll next. ;)

In terms of stat increases being imbalancing in a Pub League, I have to agree. However, A) I'm not sure that you want to, basically, punish players by having them lose a player if they get lucky enough to roll a stat increase and B) I find lucky/unlucky skill rolls somewhat imbalancing in a normal Blood Bowl game anyway, though I'll admit, not as significantly.

AG4 Skinks, ST4 Wardancers, and Human Linemen with Guard all play, somewhat, beyond their intended capability. In Christer's League, one of the opponents I was going to play, but didn't have enough time to, had a team where about 2 out of 3 rolls were stat increases and/or doubles. By contrast my Wood Elves have not rolled anything but a normal skill, and have sufferered aging once, in 12 skill rolls. Though the TRs are about the same, most people would concede that on paper, his team has a significant advantage over mine.

However, I'm not sure if this is something that people want to accept as just 'part of the game' or if people really want to change it. Other game factors, such as MNGs and stat decreases, also make teams of equal TR a possible imbalanced mis-match. Also a simple lucky roll in the beginning - in Tim's REBBL league in round one I believe an Amazon team killed two Dwarves with their first two actions of the game. If some sort of extraordinary luck such as this occurs, do players feel we need to take some sort of outside measure to 're-balance' the game? For example, would people feel comfortable with a rules stipulation that states "If a coach fails 4 2+ maneuvers in a row, in the interest of keeping the game balanced, he may take an extra TRR to compensate him for his extraordinary bad luck."?

Anyway, back to the point, I'll say, "Good for you Sean", and offer a pat on the head. ;)

David

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Im still waiting to see some trash talk in this forum. :P

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

The Brawlers will drink you all under the table!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

About durn time, at least someone on this board knows what trash talk is, he may not realize the Doodlebloods own everyones teams but hey.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well the Brawlers are mere... pussies

Dave

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

We were just drunk when we played you!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

.... an wee s werennnn't???.... hic....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Personally any pub league not drunk, should not be allowed, an illegal procedure should be called. :wink: :lol:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Well ya see we don't call ourselves drunk until all the beer is gone and start on the whiskey.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Deathwing wrote:In a game where there's frequently not many players on the field, a ST4 Blitzer is too much. That's a player that'd be moving up to the Pros pretty quickly (I've got one too!).
Maybe there should be some sort of 'spotted by a scout' system where there's a (increasing by game?) chance of position players with stat increases being recruited by the big leagues. It supposed to be about incompetent pissed-up lineman, not superstars that'd grace the Reikland f***ing Reavers!
Perhaps something should be linked into the amount of SPP's. Say at 25spp's the player decides its time to move on.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

sean newboy wrote:Im still waiting to see some trash talk in this forum. :P
Well as my ST4 thrower has already ploughed his way through your team :wink: i suppose we'll have to wait until next season before he can do it again :P