Lustrian Premier League, Round 1

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Lustrian Premier League, Round 1

Post by martynq »

Time for the traditional beginning of a round thread on TalkBB. Firstly, thanks to Lucien for getting this off and running so quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing how the stadiums work out.

Oh yeah, my chaos team are going to pound McDeth's skinks into the ground!

Cheers,
Martyn

ObDisclaimer: McDeth is, of course, a very good coach and the lizardmen tend to be quite good out of the box. The above prediction could well be completely wrong and he might well thrash me! :oops:

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

My Chaos Dwarves have got Dangerous Dave's Delfs.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

All I can say is its good to play Dwarves of any description when you don't have Dodge.... trouble is I don't have much Block either.

Should be a good game - Woody your kick!

Dave

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Martyn.

I wouldn't have any doubts if i were you, this will be the first game i've ever played with Lizzies, so i've no real ideas how to play them. Only time will tell

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I dunno about that.

I played lizzies only once (in a practice pbem game) and found that they were quite easy to get going with. If your opponent has no block, then the skinks are extremely difficult to take down and all those nice ST4 sauri cause great holes in your opponent's defense.

Should be a good game though...

Cheers,
Martyn

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Know what your saying but not a single player on either team has block, so i sense a few early turnovers waiting for us around the corner.

Sent file over last night, assumed you'd want to receive :wink:

Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

Well the Lounge Lizzies and the the Pharonics just kicked off in the very classy Ulthuan stadium. Apparently we're not very popular around here, pulled a tiny crowd....Here was me thinking I was the only one never to have played against Lizards, guess I was part of a much larger club than I imagined :)

You're only as old as you feel
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

trafe united got off to a poor start in the sandbox at skeggi against horns o plenty... up-and-coming mino blocker meat n' cheese managed to fall over on the first action of the game...

then i tried to play turn three half asleep this morning and all sorts of things went wrong...

all this proves once again that the best way to end a losing streak, or start a winning streak, is to play lucien.... :P

anyway, i'm working up the "groovy league page" with standings, schedules, beer ads, etc now... should be up over the weekend...

iron chef kosher
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

We have started a Lustrian cup here with only some races (lezard, amazones, skavens,norse and humans) ,we will use the weather of BBannual 2002.
It will be fun :)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

Lucien isn't doing himself justice, despite his ball carrier being sacked twice (?or is it three times?) He has still managed to hold onto the ball, as it scattered to one of what seems to be a horde of chaos halflings. And made a TZ heavy pass, that missed the target and still ended up in his hands! (That was the half asleep turn, I think). Now the halflings are yomping down the pitch. With the Horns scrabbling to get back into position Trafe have got a reasonable chance to score.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

We're approaching HT....on his last turn of the half, Dave needs a 3+ Dodge, a 3+ Pick-up, a 2+ Dodge and a gfi with no skill or team re-rolls to go 1 up. I await the file with baited breath....
Comedy of errors so far, something's gotta give.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

eh... the more lowly your players, the more frequently they achieve the ridiculous... of course, with those damn minotaurs falling all over the place, the odds of me actually making the 12 or so pace march to the endzone even without resistance before halftime is pretty much out of the question... but we take a pyhrric victory just from not getting scored on in any given half...

trafe united fc... tenacious, numerous, odiforous, and hoping for a draw

=====

in other news, you can check out the lpl's spiffy new and improved homepage to see what we're up to at http://web.tampabay.rr.com/phio/index.html

iron chef kosher
High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Lucien Swift wrote: then i tried to play turn three half asleep this morning and all sorts of things went wrong...
You too, huh? I rolled out of bed this morning, happy to see a new game file in my inbox. I took my turn even before jumping in the shower (bathing's overrated anyway).

Get to work and find a new email from Methusalah wondering if I only set up 10 out of 11 players on purpose... :-? ...at least stunty isn't a negative trait if you're in the reserve box, as one skink discovered when he was badly hurt on the Pharonics first block of the game.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

early is bad, late might be worse... more likely i'm just remarkably absent-minded, and that's a bad thing when you need to remember to do stuff like move turn markers...

iron chef kosher
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Lucien, have your fish died?