LRB Challenge League...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

LRB Challenge League...

Post by tchatter »

Since I am a glutton for punishment... I am starting a very simple, no frills, Challenge league using the PBEM Tool.

It will run very close to the tournament rules of the LRB, with a few changes. No real House Rules to speak of. Its up and starting now, and is ready to go. Have at it!!

http://www.rebbl.com/links.htm

No bells and whistles, it is in no way connected to the REBBL except that the Commish is the same person. This is a TOTALLY SEPERATE league... and will be very relaxed in nature, as such there will be no fluff, or fancy web pages... just the rules, the standings, and the rosters. Newbies... feel free to apply. Make those practice games count for something :)

Reason: ''
FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Think I my sign up for this one as I'm close to finishing my 2nd log match and 3/4 though a 3rd (current standings W0/D0/L3)

May abondon my Skaven and go back to Norse as I had a decent tabletop record with them.

I'll be in touch.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Well that is the beauty with this league... you may play as little or as much as you like...

Personally, I will be using it to try out different teams, and different lineups, and to play Blood Bowl during the WBBL, and REBBL downtimes...

Not that I don't have enough to do keeping up with the REBBL...

Oh by the way Darkson... the SETI is no longer just a group of 1... :D

Ex-Commish of REBBL
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Daft question, and might be better asked on the other PBeM forum, but how do you update your roster after the game. Every time I try (for practice, not competively) my TR goes down to 15-20 range. I'm obviously doing something wrong but beng a bit of a techno-phobe i don't know what.

Any ideas/help out there?

Oh, I'm using teamTracker

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

I know the answer to this... as it was bugging me for a while.

Errrrmmmm... what was it... (pounding fist against forehead)....

Oh... you have to be careful with Team Tracker and the 'Other' column. The one for 'other' SPPs. If you use a ruleset that doesn't allow for 'other' SPPs then you'll get some funky things going on.

In the Preferences sheet of Team Tracker there is a check box for this. For anyone joining the challenge league... PLEASE...PLEASE make sure you don't have an 'other' column in your roster. Otherwise I gotta make your roster over again.

-- At least I think that is your problem --

Ex-Commish of REBBL
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I think I'll have a go at this one. :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

When do want the rosters?

Might take Chaos Dwarfs, don't like the models but in PBeM that don't matter.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Orc roster on it's way.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

The Challenge League has started...

So challenge away... of course there are only 3 teams in it at the moment. Darkson, there really is no timelimit... except that you need 3 games minimum done by February 15th if you want to be considered for the Semi-Finals of the Spike! Magazine Tournament.

But you can join at anytime, and retire at anytime...

Ex-Commish of REBBL
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Tim -
Expect an email from me later this weekend - gonna try playing a non-bashy team for once. This league should be a good time.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thanks tchatter for this league.

Any open format, challenge league using just the LRB rules was badly needed.

The PBeMBBL uses this same exact format HOWEVER, the PBeMBBL is still 3rd edition rules which turns a lot of folks off ... especially when the team you are playing against is Human with Griff, Zug, AND Morg on the roster.

I have no idea when that league will ever upgrade to the LRB rules as they are thinking about it. But until then this is an excellent way to introduce newbies to PBeM ... thanks again.

Galak

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

My skaven and human teams are on their way soon, with opponents already lined up. Just have to get in contact with them to confirm we're playing the games in the league, rather thn oneoffs. (They both sounded keen.)

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'll send you a roster as soon as I've finished my 2nd log match against DaFoola (shouldn't be long, it's the final turn.)

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Galak... Thanks for the kind words. I asked the coaches in the REBBL what they thought of the idea, and there were a few that said the exact same thing that you did. So here it is. I just hope that the number of challenges and emails I have to deal with doesn't become overwhelming. :o

I also felt that newbies needed a place to learn the tool, but also needed to feel they were a part of something and that they could keep their team going. I know that before I joined the WBBL, and made the REBBL, I hated taking the time to make a roster to play a one off game, going through all the motions... only to have to reset the roster back to TR100 and play another one-off game. At least this way the one off's count for something.

We'll see how it goes... just added a few more teams, I think there are eight there now, and 2 matches are being played.

Tim

Ex-Commish of REBBL
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

OK, roster for the Black Mountain CD side winging it's way to you now. This is the 1st time I've played CD's, so have fun against me.

You never know, if I enjoy the team I may buy the models, even though I don't like them.