MBBL2 ... Round 1 HAS STARTED!!!!!!

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-03-14 13:39, GalakStarscraper wrote:
Control_Freak ... watch out for that Hot Pot on the sidelines.

McDeth ... the turn marker shouldn't matter if you cannot load the game as either McDeth or Tom ... send it to me and I'll have a look.

I 've forwarded the file to you. I was able to load the game it just wouldn't let me do anything. saying i was not logged on as the coach in this game.
Galak

Reason: ''
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Update on Da Squig Humpaz. I am playing a wild card team and am down 1-0, starting round 3. Started good as the kickoff was a blitz. I made a mad dash for the ball but it bounced the wrong way. Opponent has rolled well except for his big guy, who has gone boneheaded twice. I made a couple errors (expected for a newbie) and haven't rolled the best. He had one player spontaneously combust, which was pretty cool. On my kickoff, rolled a bad kick but the ball hung on the sideline about as far as possible from my thrower. I did manage to KO one of his lineman though.
Chris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrinprophet on 2002-03-14 14:39 ]</font>

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

I like DFC's suggestion of having a thread giving updates on the first round games in progess.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Start of turn 3, there's now an Ogre on my RO..WA..1D compulsory Block....Pow/Skull! :sad: Outstanding! Down to 9 on the field as well now, this is gonna get messy!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

So where was that thread where I said WA is fine and you can play around the drawbacks? LOL!! :grin:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Mrin .... when his player blew himself up ... did he take anyone with him????

Look at it this way ... one less player for you to worry about from his team. :lol:

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

On 2002-03-14 14:42, mrinprophet wrote:
I like DFC's suggestion of having a thread giving updates on the first round games in progess.
Maybe we can try to make some specific threads for it... something like: "a match, a thread"... because if everybody puts his results (per turn !) here, it will be very dizorganized in sometimes...

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Galak.. He managed to drop one of his and one of my players, but no serious injuries. Things started out well in turn 4 but the next one went bad. I forgot that foul appearance affects opponents in 3 squares around them...thought it was 2. My gobbo dropped the ball (twice) and I have a feeling I am about to be crunched. Oh well! My opponent did say I was giving him fits because he didn't know what I was going to do next. Didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't either... LOL.

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Spyke »

Spaltzburg Stealers (Dark Elf) Vs Furry Foots & Friends (Wee Folk)

Apologies to Galak, I got all excited when I thought I'd scored a TD in my second turn (after kicking the ball to the Wee Folk). BUT I'd made a crucial mistake as explained by Galak:
Hate to do this to you Mike, but you just made a play that was nicely done and completely legal in 3rd edition but is no longer league in BB2k1. Since a hand-off is done at the end of the ball handler's action ... you can no longer have a player come down and take the ball from the ball handler. Guess I've still got a lot of learning to do. Thanks chap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spyke on 2002-03-14 21:19 ]</font>

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

What the h*ll is Dprog? Can't find it on the skill/trait list!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-03-15 15:07 ]</font>

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Dprog = Double Progression

This tells the software that this player needs double the number of star player points in order to get a skill. You'll only find this on two teams currently in the league ... The Bawdy Babes of Birchwood who you are playing against currently and Huggly Snugglies the Ogre team that Trambi is playing against.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ok, thanks Galak. At least I know no nasty surprises will be sprung on me in-game!
Oh and sorry about the phrasing above, maybe I should have worded that a little differently! :smile:

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

I lead 1-0 :smile: :smile: against these ogres but i have 8 players in the pitch.

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Da Squiq Humpaz are down 1-0 going into the half. My gobbo has dropped two passes and is on the verge of being gutted like a fish. We get the ball in the 2nd half so I need to grind it out. The score probably should have been 2-0, but my opponent finally suffered some bad luck on turn 8.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Sorry Deathwing ... don't believe in censorship ... but as moderator, I will * out direct cursing .. me I do it all the time in real life ... but I THINK as moderator I'm supposed to watch for that ... if I'm overstepping there ... my sincere apologies.

Never moderated ... kinda clueless.

So questions, mrin do you think the Wild Cards are a VASTLY overpowered super team???

Galak