MBBL round 5

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just done my post game, and my EXP rolls sucked. Both my thralls who were 1 SPP from their 1st skill failed :pissed: , and the 5th vampire (or 4th if you don't include the Lord) failed to even get his 1st EXP :o :pissed:

The only upside was the Vamp with Pro had earned enough in the game to go up, and rolled +1MV. I was tempted not to take it, but as it wasn't a double I stuck with it.

This means in the 7 skills my team has earnt so far, 4 have been stat increases. That's more in one team than I had in all my other TT/PBeM teams together. :o

Torg, what was that you were saying aboout horseshoes :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

You lucky b*st*rd!! :P

GO STAMPEDERS!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Once again, I appear to be about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If the dice has been nicer, I might even have been 3 tds up against Brady's Norse... instead the score is 1 td each, my best blitzer is SI'd so misses next match (yes, I rolled a 1 on the apo roll), and I'm kicking in O/T with 7 players against something like 10 or 11 norse.

Oh yeah, I managed to lose another Lustrian Premier League match too.

[Insert standard moan about beng cr@p here.]

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

martynq wrote:[Insert standard moan about beng cr@p here.]
Martyn
Hey that works sometimes Martyn. Got me to revamp the Wild Cards rules after the last discussion we had.

Galak

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Hey that works sometimes Martyn. Got me to revamp the Wild Cards rules after the last discussion we had.
Depends on whether I was right or not... I might have been just self-centred and obnoxious.

Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

BREAKING NEWS:
The Damned Generation pull off shock win against the Divine Wind!! :o :o

With 7 players against 10 (or was it 11?) and 2 further KOs suffered (gotta love playing against PO :evil:), it was looking difficult for the dark elves. They bravely fought on with the Norse struggling to pick up and keep hold of the ball, and the elf thrower failing to chuck long bombs in the sun. :roll:

The final chance came when the five remaining elves managed to do a chain pushback (three norse in the chain) which bounced the ball off the pitch and deep into the dark elf half. The Norse got a single TZ on the ball which the remaining dark elf blitzer removed... and then the long bomb finally worked and the elf kicker got a field goal.

Final Score: 5-3 to the elves.

I took Dodge for my Leaping Blitzer and both my thrower and kicker gained +1 AG (very useful for throwing and kicking. 8) )

Looks like I may only have 11 players for the next match though... I've a blitzer SId and one of my guys failed an aging roll and misses the next match... grrr!!!

Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

So Martyn are you ready for the Khemri? :o

What was that about Piling On? :D

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Dangerous Dave wrote:So Martyn are you ready for the Khemri? :o
What was that about Piling On? :D
See if you can guess!

Hint 1: I most enjoy the game when I play competitively and make good progress developing my team (including keeping them alive).

Hint 2: So far this season, I've played Dwarf, Necro, Skaven with monstrous Rat Ogre, Vampire with Lord wielding Stiletto, and Norse with 3 Piler-Ons. Do I deserve to play a bashy team or am I due a match against non-life-threatening opposition?

Martyn

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

You are cursed Martyn, so you probably will meet another bashy team next game.
And i think i share that curse with you.
So far i have yet to meet a team that does not have any high strenght players or blocking players.
I have met Necro, Chaos Dwarf, Lustrian Pact, Chaos pact and Khemri and with my luck i will probably meet either an ogre team or nurgles rotters next game :(
I wonder what i did to deserve this.

Asmodan