So, the MBBL second round?...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Hmmm, the kiss of death PBeM wise if your name was on that. Do commisioners of PBeM games routinely tell the others if they find someone cheating. It would annoy me if this person (by which I mean something else far less complimentary) was bounced out of one league just to show up in another.

Reason: ''
If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I dislike cheaters as well, but, as Galak said on his site, you could just go out and get a new email address and new on-line name.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Perhaps but maybe its time to draw a line in the sand. A hall of infamy mite just discourage some.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

First half between Darkcloud Crushers (Chaos) and Schwarzwald Beer Gutters (Chaos Dwarf) is finished and its still 0-0.
Not much exciting have happened since both teams have spent most of the game trying to injure the opponent players and trying to get the ball that was on the ground without much success.
A hobgoblin got SI and even lost 1AV but there have been no more injuries, not even 1 player KO.
I am a bit thankful that he has not managed to injure or KO my players ,because i started with only 10 players and i can not afford to lose any players if i want to win.

Asmodan

coldsteel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by coldsteel »

Asmodan wrote:First half between Darkcloud Crushers (Chaos) and Schwarzwald Beer Gutters (Chaos Dwarf) is finished and its still 0-0.
A hobgoblin got SI and even lost 1AV but there have been no more injuries, not even 1 player KO.
Asmodan
WHY is there a -1 AV injury? How hard is it to repair armor? I know, AV also measures toughness, and it means he can't take a hit as well anymore... Ok, I'll hush now... :-?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

sean newboy wrote:Perhaps but maybe its time to draw a line in the sand. A hall of infamy mite just discourage some.
The rest of the story.

The cheating in question was in the category of still trying to learn the tool.

He rewound twice to correct legitmate screw up on his part ... however he did it without asking (big no-no) and in the process of rewinding to fix his mistakes two dice rolls changed. I ruled that these two dice rolls had enough impact to award a concession. I was VERY specific in my email that I did not consider this cheating, but just very very poor use of the tool.

The coach has been warned and I do not consider him a cheating risk at all.

Galak

coldsteel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by coldsteel »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
sean newboy wrote:Perhaps but maybe its time to draw a line in the sand. A hall of infamy mite just discourage some.
The rest of the story.

The cheating in question was in the category of still trying to learn the tool.

He rewound twice to correct legitmate screw up on his part ... however he did it without asking (big no-no) and in the process of rewinding to fix his mistakes two dice rolls changed. I ruled that these two dice rolls had enough impact to award a concession. I was VERY specific in my email that I did not consider this cheating, but just very very poor use of the tool.

The coach has been warned and I do not consider him a cheating risk at all.

Galak
Sorry for not stating it fully, Tom...

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Things are really hotting up in the game between my Dark Elves and Robert Hitz' Necromantic Undead. At the beginning of the second half, the undead received the ball and by the end of their second turn had dashed a ball-carrying wight through, but failed to fully protect him when a ghoul fell dodging and was stunned.

One of my blitzers managed to knock the wight over into the crowd and the ball was thrown in to an empty square in the middle of my half. I managed to retrieve the ball, but had to through it deep into his half so that I didn't leave a single ball carrying elf on his own waiting to be splatted. The ball was dropped and Robert managed to get his hands on the ball again. I then managed to put two TZs on the ball carrying ghoul, but Robert blitzed one elf away with his werewolf (who seems to have been involved in just about everything that is going on).

The ghoul ran clear and with two other ghouls formed a group near my endzone. Another wight was then badly hurt when blocking my remaining witch elf. Despite my best efforts, I just couldn't get near the ball carrier, and the ghoul then scored.

Undead lead by 2 TDs to 1, with two turns left for the elves and one for the undead.

Cheers,
Martyn

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Game between Morgantown's Madness and the Drakenhof Darkstars has finished, with the Vamps losing 6-0 (2-0 in TD's) and 2-0 in cas. Excluding EXP, the only SPP's earnt was by Vamp Sir Melforth the Grand for a completion :o .

On the upside, due to no fouling by the dwarfs (thank you to the ref) no SI's or deads to contend with, and enough money in the bank to buy a thrall kicker.

COFAB wasn't my undoing in this game (well, most of the time :lol: ), just some really crappy dice rolls at important times.

Thanks to Jim for the game, and I hope I don't come up against such a well developed team in round 3.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Right, when is round 3? :P

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Pariah wrote:Right, when is round 3? :P
Not for quite a while yet I believe.

My match has just entered overtime. With two turns of normal time to go, the dark elves managed to score in the time-honoured elven way of handing off to a Nerves of Steel blitzer who dodged off into the endzone.

The necromantic team did manage to lose a flesh golem who failed a gfi roll and died, but he regenerated before the beginning of O/T.

Interestingly, the program generated a log error message as we entered O/T and it also got the kick-off scatter wrong (as the guy with Kick was in a wide zone so his skill shouldn't have been used). I've passed this info on to Galak, but it's one to watch out for.

Cheers,
Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Since we've had no more match reports for a while, I guess I must be the only one of us whose game wasn't over. Well, I had been hoping to pull off a loss so that I could avoid Dave's khemri all season and hope that the brokenness that he is exposing would be dealt with. Instead, after what can only be described as the most shambolic set of dice rolling for a drive, my dark elves managed to pull off a win.

The dark elves received at the beginning of O/T and sent their line-elf with Kick and blitzer fairly deep into the Necro half with my witch elf and other blitzer just a bit behind for support. I had a pretty safe looking wall of elves protecting the ball carrier. The Necro's first turn was good for me, the first block dice he rolled came up skull and pow/skull against a line-elf with Block and the flesh golem went down. Great, I thought, my blitzer with Dodge can move away from the zombie that has a TZ on him and blitz away a ghoul and I can get near the endzone. Double 1 meant the blitzer went straight down. The aformentioned ghoul then knocked over my line-elf (the guy with Kick) and killed him! That's two deaths in one match - one through a failed dodge and one by a ghoul! I then ran my players forward in an attempt to keep protecting the ball and to threaten to score. Of course, I failed another dodge with a line-elf who was stunned and left the ball carrier dangerously exposed. Fortunately, the werewolf then failed to break tackle when attempting to blitz the ball carrier, so I had another attempt. The ball carrier ran forward and attempted a field goal: the first roll came up 6, so the kick was accurate, but I rolled 1 for distance when 2+ would have sent it over for winning score. A ghoul then retrieved the ball, but fumbled a pass when trying to clear it away from the Necro endzone. One of my blitzers pushed the ghoul away from the ball, and my line-elf managed to pick up the ball and run in to score.

Phew! Robert and I decided that the dice were definitely in full control of that match. Certainly we couldn't rely on block not coming up skull and dodges not coming up 1 without alarming regularity.

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well the Orcs tied it so its 6-6. However the 11 Khemri have 3 turns to beat 2 linos and a gobbo into pulp.... and score a TD.

If we don't score.... then we'll force O/T and finish the job!

Dave

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well the Gangers have been forced into O/T. Damn Gobbo dodged to defender's choice blitz my ball carrier and KO'd him!

My attempted pass after that was fumbled. So its my 10 v 1 thrower, a lino and a gobbo. The Gangers won the toss. Just hope we don't get a blitz result again since I want to stop that Gobbo running away!

Me hurt Gobbo....

Dave

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Dog pile on the gobbo !!! :lol: :roll: :wink:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.