MBBL round 5

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Torg wrote:My vamps tend to fail Bloodthirst roll all the time (well at the most inopportune times anyway).
Ah, there we have it then. Torg's rolling the '1's for the rest of us. :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Dangerous Dave wrote:All the Vampires have Pro.
Yep, horrible aren't they!
Although 1 went gunning for the Lord, Piled on and SI'd him.
That's a shame - death would have been better!
Both the Lord and the Mummy regenerated.
That's good - gives you another chance to kill him!
Oh and the Vamps have yet to fail a Bloodthirst roll......
Sounds very familiar!

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

My ogres got a "blitz" on the kick off table. We did some maneuvering to get a 1 die blitz on the Big Ugly Nurgle thing but of course the blitzer failed his bonehead roll.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Cerebus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cerebus »

Vamps are currently fielding 5 players against Dave's Khemri:
Lord
2 Vampires
2 Thralls

At the start of the latest kickoff I placed 3 thralls on the line to go up against the mummies because I figured he would break AV no matter who I put up there. He then proceeds to clear my entire line again by getting 3 straight KO's on the thralls.

My only hope now is to keep poking at his players around the ball with my Lord and his AG2 may stall him out for a while. I'm down to so few players now that I can't move my vampires for fear that they will kill my last two thralls!

(Wouldn't it be cool if vampires could feast on other vampires?) :wink:

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well how else are Khemri going to win unless they clear the field!

But AV 7 on the line with no skills and 3 dice blocks, each with Piling On... its almost certain for a stun minimum. Of course 3 off is good.... but we like the red blood caused by a BH!

Oh and to answer the earlier question 2 Bloodthirst rolls did fail but were successfully Pro rolled.

The trouble is that with only 5 players, the Khemri are still vulnerable to the Vamps gaze.... of course that requires that the Vamps approach into hitting range of course :) Just glad I equalised at the end of the half since I think 1 Vamp on his own has a chance of scoring.......

Oh and still at work so not taken a turn for a while.... :(

Dave

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The Gangers have overpowered the Vampire team Crimson Jihad. The match went to O/T when the Gangers decided to score with only 3 Jihad players on the pitch instead of running out time. This let the slippery gazing vamps to sneak in for the score and force O/T.

However, once the toss was won and 2 vamps were knocked off the pitch in the first turn of O/T the match was effectively over. As the Khemri advanced, the thralls ran away leaving the end zone unguarded - a 9-6 win for the Khemri - with 5-0 cas (2 of which were fouls).

The crowd obviously dislike the performances of the Khemri team.... for the 4th match in a row despite numerous plusses, the team has rolled a 1 for FF. So instead of a Premier League following of 11+ they are 2nd division make weights on 7.

Now where are those Amazon....... we want some girl flesh to..... well you know...... eat!

Dave

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

My Vamps just finished taking on Chris's Gobbo team and it was very close, so close in fact, it went into overtime. Had a chance to win on the very last play of the game but blew it. Oh well, by that time most of my team was in the KOed box so coming up with a tie was OK. Seems we spent most of the match chasing each others ball carrier, knocking them down, just to get knocked down by the other team when you picked up the ball. Anyway, a good game.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The Dakstars have just taken a 2-0 lead, and inflicted the 1st cas of the day (SI -1AV to blitzer with AV 6). Will the apoth be used?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

The Damned Generation went into halftime 1-0 up... it seems a *very* *very* long time since I was actually winning a game at halftime.

Divine Wind received at the beginning of the second half, but Brady has had a very tough time of it. First turn he failed to pick up the ball with Sure Hands. Second turn he failed to pick up the ball with Sure Hands. Third turn he failed to catch an accurate pass with Catch. One of my blitzers has managed to get hold of the ball with a flimsy elf-screen to protect him. I've just had a very good turn with lots of dodges and gfis which worked... I think poor Brady's rolling has exhausted all the 1s!!!

Martyn

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Thugburz Afletik have just gone to halftime against the French Woodies, and TAKD's blodge blitzer, Goy Spleen, has now managed not one, but TWO interceptions!!

Don't think I've even had a game where the 2 teams combined for 2 INT's, and I've managed to have a player get 2 in a half! Ah, there, just had to share the joy. Thugburz are now preparing to receive, up 1-0.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I just sent the final Famously Undead vs Barrows Blight file to Galak. Amazingly enuf FU won, 6-3 no team/player casualties either side, all of them were dodge/crowd injuries. BB got 3 block skills on zombies, and a replacement ghoul. FU got a free zombie, another ghoul, and block on a werewolf, they are now saving for reroll # 2.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Brady's luck has come back... he managed to get hold of the ball again and then scored. :(

Then I rolled Perfect Defense on my kickoff roll with only 9 players on the pitch against 11 (damn those vampires!!!)... :(

Could be another loss coming up for the Damned Generation?

Martyn

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The Darkstars won, final score 6-0 (2-0 TD) and 1-0 Cas. That's 3 games won on the trot now, this is getting scary.

Rolling 3 stat increases in the first 6 skills for the team has helped a lot (2 ST5 guys and a AG5 are nothing to be sneezed at). Must get pro on all the vamps ASAP.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Darkson, you b*st*rd, you must have horse shoes up your arse! My vamps suck horribly, just managed a tie vs gobbos and the only player that ever gets any new skills tends to be my vamp lord. Probably change teams next season.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Torg wrote:Darkson, you b*st*rd,
I try :lol: :lol: