MBBL2 Round 2 - Season 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Atten DW.

I forgot to add back your reroll - I think I adjusted everything else - go ahead and change it...... Now how do I tackle 2 ST 8 guys........

Dave

Reason: ''
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Here's an update on the Dorks (Norse) v DW's Khorne

The Norse received a fielded a tough front line including a Snow Troll and a Storm Giant. However, lurking in the backfield was a ST 8 beast alternately called Pussy or Bloodthirster.

The Norse managed to KO 2 beasties and threw to ther NoS catcher who dodged in to score..... the hope was that the Thirster was to be recalled. The end result..... The Giant sent off, both KOs returned and the Thirster decided to remain to drink Norse blood.

The Khorne decided to cage and bash. The Norse joined them in a fight. The Khorne spellcaster tried to raise a beastie's strength to 6 - the spell failed thus meaning the spell caster was now ST 8. OK on the face of it, this isn't too bad... but the spellcaster must now get a cas in the game or suffer a roll on the casualty table..... this could result in the Thirster leaving the team too!

The Snow Troll and the Piling On Blitzer got casualties. However, the sight of blood drove the Khorne into a frenzy. The Dwarf ally was killed and the NoS catcher SI'd (niggle). On instruction by the Head Coach the apothecary saved the catcher leaving the undertakers to take away the rookie Dwarf (his job had been to stand in front og the Thirster and absorb as many blows as possible!).

The ST 8 spell caster was attacked but didn't go down and the Snow Troll had a pop at the Thirster which also resulted in stalemate. Finally the Norse got through to the ball carrier and dumped him on his behind. However with all the Blood on the field and the pouring rain, the Norse couldn't pick up the ball.

The Spellcaster has not yet got his cas and the Khorne have 2 turns to score in the 1st half with the ball on the floor in their own half. At the moment the Khorne have 7 players on the pitch to the Norse team's 10.

I have a feeling that this could get really messy before its over........

Dave

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Dangerous Dave wrote:

Dave
Get Messy. Anybody would think that this is normal :wink:

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I cant seem to send this thru email so i will post it here and hope people pass the word on. I am currently on dial up. I will only be checking email about twice a day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

McDeth wrote:
Dangerous Dave wrote:

Dave

Get Messy. Anybody would think that this is normal

McDeth you will be happy to note that it is getting messier :(

At this rate, we are going to knock eachother out of contention.... or at least get some Handicap Rolls!

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Carnage...I'm loving it....just the one death each to date though... :smoking:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Almost ready to kick off.

First Galak had to sort out the 2 rosters.

Then my opponent, instead of the game file, sent me his Excel roster :lol:

Then on the opening kick-off I rolled "perfect defence". :evil:

This game seems destined never to get started :roll:

I also hae a very bad feeling about this match.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Update: I now have 1 BH CW, 1 SI MNG Beastman and 1 dead Beastman.

Dave has 1 BH Bondsman, 2 SI MNG Bondsmen and a dead Dwarf ally.

Lots of time left yet..... :evil: :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I dont even want to mention the results of the Demon Spawn game. Only good thing about it is that i get to start with 11 players next match.

P.S. Im back on dsl network, Hallelujah. 8)

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well that BH Bondsman is actually a

Dautless, Piling On, Mighty Blow Blitzer....... (BH'd himself dauntlessing your spellcaster) :(

Its 8 v 10 on the pitch but at least all my players have got away from the Big ST 8 piec of work

Dave

Wendall R.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wendall R. »

What a painful first half the Mirkwood Marauders are having... my dirty player lineman is in the morgue, thanks to another failed apoth roll, half of my team is knocked out, and the rest need to play a physical game if I have any chance of winning (not good for a Dark Elf team vs a Witches team with 4 Pumpkineads and a Greater Pumpkinead).

Right now I'm praying for good KO recovery rolls and a stellar performance from my Blighted Treeman in the 2nd half, and the ability to keep the game stalled at 0-0 until then.... good post-game rolls wouldn't hurt either.

I don't think my apoth has ever NOT rolled a 1 on any of my MBBL2 teams in the short time I've been playing, whenever I try to heal a dead player. :pissed:

"McDonald's will make you fat. McDonald's has the Big Mac. They have the Quarter Pounder; they will put pounds on you. McDonald's is the place to ROCK." - Wesley Willis, Rock n' Roll McDonald's
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The Dorks v DW's Blood N Mud is over....

In a game which showed how flimsy av 7 is, the Khorne had the ball for 12 turns. They equalised with 2 turns to go at the end of the second half. At this point, they had scored 6 casualties to the Dorks 3. The Khorne had 9 players and the Dorks had 7. The Head Coach of the Dorks sent his boys back out on the field with a brief message...

The Pubs are closing shortly.... get this game done....

At the Kick Off it didn't look good since the Khorne threw a rock at the Dorks only catcher..... since it was raining and the catch was likely yo be made in Tackle Zones it looked like the match was going into O/T.

The thrower Umter managed to pick up the ball but tripped up going for it to try and get to safety. The ball bounced into the waiting hands of Jabby - however he was a sitting target.

The Khorne managed to dislodge the ball leave a TZ on the ball and 2 TZs on each of the Dorks advanced players... the chance of scoring looked slim.... however, reslishing the challenge the Dorks got to work.

Trotsky the Snow Troll stunned a Chaos Warrior thus allowing Umter to dodge when required. Blondy knocked his marker over creating a route for Umter. Crash (a bezerker) on a 2 dice defenders choice managed to push back his opponent twice thus removing a TZ from the intended recipient. Umter then got to work. He stood up and dodged away from a Tackle Zone. He then picked up the ball needing a 5+. The waiting hands of the Khorne couldn't intercept the pass as it sailed true over their heads - his Strong Arm meant he needed 5+ to succeed. It was right on the money. Crisp the waiting Bondsman needed a 5+ to catch since he was in a Tackle Zone. Despite the wet ball he held on. He then blitzed his way through his marker and ran into the end zone. A remarkable score - no skills nor the available reroll were needed to achieve this!

Although coming through this game in style, the Dorks are suffering. They suffered 3 Serious Injuries and a Death. Including the Storm Giant they have only 12 fit players to play in the next game.....

A great game played in the spirit of Nuffle of old.

The rumour that the Dorks were heading to a Health Farm in order to cure their aches and pains was denied by the Coach......

Dave

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, games only just kicked off, and Bad Mist Rising are playing exactly to form against the Orcs. 2 Blitzes, 2 knock downs, 2 prones. 2 4+ pick-ups, 2 re-rolls, 2 turnovers.

The only thing that has gone my why was my spellcaster casting a spell on the Orc thrower, causing him to forget his Pass and Sure hands skill for this game.

I really need to get some Sure Hands in this team, but with my pathetic attempts to break AV, and the inability of my players to even pck up the ball, I can't see were the SPP's are going to come from.

Oh, well, at least if the Gobbo and Snotling teams lose I might have achance of some cas next game :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Update:

Finally picked up the ball on my 3rd turn, but it's taken all my RR to do so :roll:

And I've KO'd a BO, but I pushed back into the corner by my EZ, so some serious hitting going to be needed to get out of the area.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Erm, excuse me but when did the arms race begin? Why did nobody tell me? :o

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle