Lustrian Premier League, round 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I'd like "ghosts" to only affect big guys! :wink: :pissed: :cry:

Martyn

Reason: ''
Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

:lol:

good one... no. :P

though that is an interesting idea, adding a result that would take big guys off the pitch for a drive like that... might work that into my next generation of stadia one day...

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

It might be worth pointing out that I had "ghosts" in my last match against Dave also. I'm getting a little bit sick of it... but not as sick as I am of big guys.

Martyn

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

sometime probability is... well, improbable... ghosts has, what, a 1-in-36 chance of coming up, and here you've had it three times in maybe 5 or 6 kickoffs...

this is the sort of irregularity that keeps me from changing the rules before the end of the season... figure there'll be a dozen or more games at memorial park over the year, and many of them won't have ghosts at all... thats a better test for balance...

nevertheless, while i don't think the result as written is a "broken" mechanic, given traditional kickoff tables, it can have an impact greater than my target level of interference with the flow of the game, so in season 2, it'll get changed. pitch invasions i still want to see more of occur before i decide about them... they are much different in resolution, afterall...

Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

I think what I'm beginning to like most of all about the kickoff tables is the "nothing happens" results. A really good inclusion amongst all the others IMO

You're only as old as you feel
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

one of my favorites as well... and clearly missing from the official tables...

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Well so far my opponent has fouled every turn even with the eye on him and were now in turn 6, and only had one player ejected and somehow has successfully badly hurt or ko'd a player every time, plus made a ridiculous dodging move to get a 1 die block, which knocked down a the ball carrier, picked up the ball from 3 tackle zones then passed it away to a blitzer who made the catch :pissed: :-?

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hey McDeth - I know what you mean those dice can really hurt you. In my game against Tim's Necros I have had the following rolls:-

18 2 dice block rolls no block:-

Pow / push Pow 4 (expected 10)
Push 8
Both down 6 (expected 2)

Of three 2 dice blocks with block I have:

1 push
1 pow
1 double skulls (this was at a start of a turn)

and I have failed 3 of 14 2+ rolls - not too bad but still worse than average.

On the last fail I just niggled my lino too (couldn't reroll since already used it of course) and only needed to dodge coz I got a push when blocking!

Basically the only successes I have had came on turn 2 when I scored and put together a run of 2+ rolls. Aside from that it seems to be a 50% chance of failing everything.

DAMN DICE :pissed: :(

Or is it something in the air at Skeggi?

Dave

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

with the second half under way, meat n' cheese's reign of terror continues...

i expect martyn to spend his remaining seven turns in a mindlessly reckless quest to kill the cow before he can kill again!

i know i would...

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Have to admit im a bit :pissed: :pissed: with the constant fouling, next time i play this team whether it be in the knockout or next season, there'll be a pair of dirty players waiting to get revenge

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

phil wrote:with the second half under way, meat n' cheese's reign of terror continues...

i expect martyn to spend his remaining seven turns in a mindlessly reckless quest to kill the cow before he can kill again!

i know i would...
I'm almost certainly going to try. I'm afraid this match has left me feeling quite despondent. Never before have I seen a single player cause so much damage in a BB game and I really don't see what I could have done about this. Phil has rolled quite superbly with that mino and I'm left wondering whether I will still have a team left at the end. Sorry for being such a whiner, but at the moment the whole thing is leaving me quite p!$$ed off. :pissed:

Martyn

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

martynq wrote: I'm almost certainly going to try. I'm afraid this match has left me feeling quite despondent. Never before have I seen a single player cause so much damage in a BB game and I really don't see what I could have done about this. Phil has rolled quite superbly with that mino and I'm left wondering whether I will still have a team left at the end. Sorry for being such a whiner, but at the moment the whole thing is leaving me quite p!$$ed off. :pissed:
if it's any help martyn, look back at what the rest of my team has done this game.... nothing... the razorbacks are all rolling terribly in all aspects of the game... blocking, picking up the ball, dodges have devoured my rerolls, etc..

my luck is going to run out... and as soon as that one shining player starts to catch the rest of the team's luck, i'm gonna have to get some industrial-strength antacid myself...

and at the end of the day, you're still almost certain to win the game and finish well above me in the final league table...

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I wouldn't describe second-to-last as being well above last.

Martyn

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

look at it like this, if things go according to my plans and we can add enough new coaches for season 2, there'll be a division 1... our teams will fall into it and you'll be able to recover quite nicely in a division full of fresh blood... :D

besides, there's still a lotta bloodbowl left to play, any of these teams could still get torn up worse than you and me...

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I guess we can always rename our teams West Ham and West Brom?

I'm just concerned that there is a very good chance I'll only have 9 players at the start of the next match. Hardly good team development is it?

Martyn