MBBL Season 2 --- Round 4

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

GalakStarscraper wrote:So he great early on, but as he grows, I think he'll play fewer and fewer games.
The trouble is that I am playing him early in his career and he is definitely a problem at the moment. It doesn't help that Joe is rolling superb dice at the moment:

The Vampire Lord has blitzed four times and broken armour three times (rolling double push the fourth time) and has caused two casualties so far (BH and SI). Joe has also moved his other vampires nine times and not failed a Bloodthirst roll at all. My luck has been ok, but not nearly as great (I rolled a double 1 on a leap attempt using a re-roll).

I'm now 1 touchdown down and I've just rolled perfect defense as I kick-off. If Lady Luck doesn't bite Joe soon, I really am going to be in trouble.

Martyn

Reason: ''
Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well the Gangers received and managed to walk down field with the ball and score on their 6th turn of the drive. They could have played "stall" at the goal line since 4 opponents were KO'd one pushed into the crowd (stunned) and most of the others were on the floor. However their coach yelled.... "Sod it score!"

However, for the second game in a row, they don't yet have any casualties and their Human oppo has a SI which failed to regen.

The removal of Mighty Blow has changed one potential cas into a KO and may have saved another Human from visiting the KO box. The bottom line is that although Mummies have been blocking a lot.... several av rolls have failed (needing 4+) and the injury rolls have been poor.

It remains to be seen how the Humans deal with Foul Appearance - the Mummies were set up wide forcing the Humies through the middle. Having now closed the gap, there is at least one FA in every square where the is likely to be a pass or catch. So unless the Human thrower legs it in himself they've got to pass / catch at some stage.

Dave

PS I'm just glad they don't have a goblin in reserve! ;-)

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Well, in the game for the top of the MBBL charts, here's the run down:

Positives:
1. As a 30 TR underdog, my Horde D'oeuvres Pact team got two handicap rolls. First, we took a reroll away from the dwarves so we're even at 3 apiece. More importantly, we rolled 'In the Bag,' and he plays with his worst 11 players, and on a 13 man dwarf team, guess who the top two SPP players are? Yup. Bye bye runners.

2. Three turns into the game, no one is dead yet.

3. The weather's nice so we could get a good tan while we play.

Negatives:
1. I've got one gobbo missing from last game and my norse catcher niggled out before the game, so we go in with an 11-man roster.

2. Three turns into the game, I have used all my rerolls. He has three left.

3. Three turns into the game, I have six people in the KO box, four on the field prone or stunned, and one Troll standing around picking his nose.

4. The weather's nice and we're all fair skinned and sunburn easily.

The only thing running through my head is Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Run Away!!! Run Away!!!

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

The Doomville Dephilers beat the crap out of another normal team so next round we'll probably be facing another overpowered team. lol (jk Tom. :P )

Put 2 chaos teams together and what do you get? A riot! The entire first quarter was taken up with unruly fans running wild. A particularly unpleasant moment came when a goblin streaker who wasn't watching where he was running slammed into the gigantic rear end of a Great Unclean One. He was never seen again.

Once the riot was under control the Dephilers kicked off to the Crushers who tried a roll out running play to the right. It met nothing but a brick wall of defenders. Meanwhile Anthrax Mookow, the Dephiler's minotaur blitzer, was on a killing spree at mid field. Badly hurting a Chaos Warrior and disembowling a beastman.

In the second half the Dephilers went to a no-huddle offense and caught the Crushers napping. With a quick snap the flat footed Crushers suffered yet more injuries when Anthrax Mookow went berserk again and flattened Beastman, Mordol Darkhorn. Later Darkhorn, claiming the injury is just a pinched nerve, put himself on the injured list.
The Dephilers rallied around Mookow and nearly lost it all when the Gutter Runner, Clyde, trying a quick pass to Anthrax fumbled the ball. The Crushers moved in but were not able to capitalize. Anthrax, seeing his team mate, Clyde, threatened by a Chaos Warrior, swooped in and K.O. the armoured menace. With a quick in-and-out, Clyde scooped up the ball and headed for the end zone for a late 3rd quarter score.
In the 4th quarter the Crushers lined up heavey on the line of scrimmage to try to over power the Dephilers. Rolling out to the left this time, the Crushers headed for the end zone with lots of protection.
Unfortunatley, the Dephilers just had too much power for the Crushers. They swarmed the cage of the Crushers and broke the ball loose. The agile Clyde again scooped up the ball and headed for the endzone!. Backed up by Grog Tuffnutz and Anthrax Mookow things looked bad for the Crushers. Unfortunately time ran out before the quick rat could reach the goal.
Dephilers win it 3-0

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Cerebus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cerebus »

Martyn's luck in the Dark Elf vs. Vampire has still been pretty good this match, he managed to BH one of my thralls this last turn but left a way for one of my vampires to get to his ball carrier. I first tried using another vamp to clear the way with hypnotic gaze, but after he first failed a bloodthirst roll to eat reroll...he ends up failing. Another vamp goes for the blitz, makes a creative dodge roll having to use his pro skill to stay on his feet, and makes two GFIs to hit the elf carrier down with a POW! Unfortunately the ball scattered right next to two of his other elf players who I have no way of knocking over. Finished the turn by moving some players around a bit to force some rolls to slow the TD down as much as I can, but with 3 turns I dunno if I can stop him...

Went through the game file after Martyn mentioned that I've rolled 9 Bloodthirsts without failing, I counted up all the 2+ dodge rolls he's made so far. He made 10 before having to reroll one, so actually our luck in rolling in this game has been very good. It's just that the Stiletto handicap roll is so unbalanced when you consider giving it to a Vampire Lord, might not be a bad idea to change that roll to a "random player" sort of thing...

Joe

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Next season of the MBBL will be using a modified handicap table that the BBRC is proposing. Stilleto is not on it.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I've now got three turns left in the second half and I'm receiving with the score 6-3 (2-1 in TDs). I'm playing like a complete muppet. Despite the fact that I've got a 40 point advantage in team rating and for once I'm rolling perfectly decent dodge dice, etc., I can't seem to do anything Cerebus' vampires.

Oh yeah... and I've just rolled Perfect Defense for the second time when receiving. Grrr!!!!!!!

I'm pretty p!$$ed off with being quite so $#!T at this game. Where is that PBEM league consisting of rubbish players?

Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

If its any consolation im only rolling 1's for hypnotic gaze in pdhbbl.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

martynq wrote:I'm pretty p!$$ed off with being quite so $#!T at this game. Where is that PBEM league consisting of rubbish players?

Martyn
You wouldn't be allowed in Martyn as I'd only allow folks in with less than 50% win records over their PBeM leauges and you are above this curve ... :lol:

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Diesel »

I don't know about rubbish players Martyn, but TRUBBL will be starting at the beginning of March if you are interested in joining?

If so visit www.trubbl.co.uk and let me know

Never step onto the pitch!
Absolutely Goddamn not!
- Unless you are prepared to go all the way....
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemers Association
Commisoner of www.TRUBBL.co.uk
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

sean newboy wrote:If its any consolation im only rolling 1's for hypnotic gaze in pdhbbl.
Well, Cerebus isn't doing any better - he's not succeeded in Hypnogazing me once... so I can't blame that either. I just have no idea how to beat teams with ST4 guys in them.
Galak wrote:You wouldn't be allowed in Martyn as I'd only allow folks in with less than 50% win records over their PBeM leauges and you are above this curve ...
True! But if I could sneak in, then I might at least enjoy the sensation of challenging for a title for a short while before I was kicked out for subterfuge. :wink:

I'm just feeling utterly frustrated today... I suspect that I knew Cerebus would score on his last turn - the only thing that could go wrong was if he failed the Bloodthirst rolls with the ball carrier or the receiver. If that didn't happen it was pretty likely he would score.

As for joining TRUBBL, Diesel, I just don't think I have enough time. I'm already coaching four PBEM teams.

Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

My traumas against the vampires are now over. I lost by 2 TDs to 1. I just couldn't move forward fast enough once Cerebus had rearranged his defense in the final drive.

Fortunately I suffered no more serious injuries and earned enough money to buy my third blitzer. (Although I would have liked it to be a witch elf, I thought I ought to go for AV given I'll only be able to field 11 players at the next match.)

Only my AV7 lineman (AV-1 suffered in the very first match) gained a skill. Since he is SI'd and will miss the next match, I was thinking about retiring him, and then I rolled a double! So I've changed my mind and taken Guard.

Oh yeah, Galak if I were to play dark elves would I qualify for the league of losers? I've certainly got a less than 50% record with them!

Martyn