MBBL2 Round 1 - Season 3 started

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

:o And I thought I had bad luck at PBeM :o

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

GalakStarscraper wrote:not bad but it is expensive to replace Elves ... ask Martyn ... :lol:
Er... what???? Oh yeah... which team are you referring to?

MBBL2 High Elves: Played 11 matches, total elven deaths 2, current roster 14 players.

MBBL Dark Elves: Played 9 matches, total elven deaths 3, current roster 12 players (one with AV-1). Didn't help that I had a stat reduction and two deaths in the same match.

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Talking about luck......

But first a quick update on the Dorks v Jeff's Nurgles. The Dorks went into H/T with a 1-0 lead after a scrappy first half which saw the ball being held by both teams. The scrappy half was initially down to the Blitz Kick off enjoyed by the Nurgles which stopped the Norse drive in its tracks.

Anyway the damn AG 5 Elf (av 7) has lead a charmed life and he was still around at the start of the second to lob a long pass to a waiting AG 4 beastie to equalise. So after 1.5 turns of action the Storm Giant was sent off.. however, the coach successfully argued that he was just a "Big Lineman" and the ref allowed him back on :)

There my luck ended....... has anyone had a worse series of block rolls than this?

2 die blitz (on that damned Elf) Skull Skull
reroll to push and dodge pow! (hurrah!) - only stunned after Piling On :(

Troll blocks - Skull Skull
Successfully pro rolled to Block Skull (no effect)

Storm Giant Blocks - Skull Block (no effect)

Blitzer blocks - Skull Skull

So just using all the original rolls, of 8 dice 7 were skulls and the 8th was Block (no effect)......

Yikes!

Dave

(OK you could argue that my reroll could have come up skulls or Pro failed... however, I would have preferred to keep some of these rolls for Jeff).

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well the Microcosmos vs Demon Spawn is over. After a 3 turn riot to start the half, the Demon Spawn managed to score on their 7th turn, leaving only 2 turns for Microcosmos to score. The td by Captain Chaos was impressive, stood up, made 4 2+ dodges, made 2 gfi, and got the 2+ pickup roll. With that td and 2 casualties, Captain Chaos is now a Leader(double ones, no aging). The Demon spawn roster is now up to 11 with the addition of Nat King Cole.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

sean newboy wrote:Well the Microcosmos vs Demon Spawn is over. After a 3 turn riot to start the half, the Demon Spawn managed to score on their 7th turn, leaving only 2 turns for Microcosmos to score. The td by Captain Chaos was impressive, stood up, made 4 2+ dodges, made 2 gfi, and got the 2+ pickup roll. With that td and 2 casualties, Captain Chaos is now a Leader(double ones, no aging). The Demon spawn roster is now up to 11 with the addition of Nat King Cole.
What was the final casualty count of the game?

With all 4 of his Trees showing up at the beginning of the game ... I'll give you a ton of credit. I'm not sure HOW you won ... heck I was laying you wouldn't SURVIVE ... winning was a long shot at my bookies at best. I'm waiting for Don to figure out that he can get Dauntless on doubles for his Pixies ... then then ... that's one scary team.

Major hat's off to you on a major upset in my opinion.

Galak

Don needs to get more cheerleaders if he's smart (at least 6 more)... he needs to get his belief factor up to 20 for those Pixies of his. This would get him a Grab Bag or Random Event card almost every game, guarantee his winning Cheering Fans, and would mean that his Pixies heal Death about 45% of the time before the Apothecary needs to be used.

After dropping 60k on Cheerleaders, my next 100k would be used to get his Apothecary up to level 3 to help with the KO's that the Pixies suffer.

After this 160k investment .... then he could start looking at things like Rerolls ... but he really needs to get the basics of his team nailed down.

Anyway ... sorry this is a rant. Don and I would just play that team of his very differently.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Casualties were 4-1 my favor, the treemen either knocked themselves over or never got a chance to hit b4 he failed some other roll. He did cause another injury but it was a poison dagger (1st round, 1st half) against my spellcaster. My winged guy was very useful, i love doing winged blitzes or at least putting him in opponents backfields. Another note on the treemen, if u have them, always ALWAYS, try to get them up b4 u do anything at all, failing to get up is not a turnover. I need to get the winged guy leap and passblock :) (not for the same reasons).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Halftime report from the Arvandoria Athletic (high elf) vs Jimtown Juggernauts (chaos dwarf) match.

The score at halftime was 1-1. For the majority of the first half, the chaos dwarves made their way up the pitch with the ball, but my elves put them under sufficient pressure that they had to score with three turns left for the leves to equalize. This the elves managed to do in 2 turns with a fairly typical elf drive, so it was 1-1.

Again the elves managed to score in 2 turns at the beginning of the second half, so I'm actually leading 2-1... which is better than my first match at the beginning of Season 2 where I lost 2-1 to this very team.

Sadly my luck has expired again. My lion warrior went for it in an attempt to put a TZ on the ball carrier... and I rolled a 1, then re-rolled a 1.

Galak, what is it with so many double 1s???

Cheers,
Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Its called elf syndrom. Lady luck knows that elves can do practically anything so every once in a while she tries to prove that they are mortal and give them a 1 for humility.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

sean newboy wrote:Its called elf syndrom. Lady luck knows that elves can do practically anything so every once in a while she tries to prove that they are mortal and give them a 1 for humility.
The trouble is that it doesn't feel like "every once in a while" - it feels like every three turns I roll a 1, and then another 1 when I re-roll.

Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

The rerolled one is part of the syndrom. Lady luck tries to make life interesting instead of boring which it would be if your elves succeeded the 5 in 6 times they should. I have an ag 4 guy in my current team, once he made 7 2+ rolls to score but earlier he had rolled 1 to dodge then used dodge skill to roll another 1. Luckily i only have 1 ag4 player so Lady luck doesnt feel the need to screw me over on a continual basis. :-?

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I seem to be getting an awful lot of more identical 1D rolls when using a TRR since the last anti-cheat upgrade happened. 1 RR...1..or..Skull RR...Skull. Could of course be just me, but it has crossed my mind that it could possibly be linked to the 'you'll get the same dice rolls if you close and reload' feature.
I'm sure it's just my perception, but it's almost to the point now where I expect a single re-rolled dice to come up identical much more than 1 time in 6.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

try rerolling some pows then ;]

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Deathwing wrote:Could of course be just me, but it has crossed my mind that it could possibly be linked to the 'you'll get the same dice rolls if you close and reload' feature.
Nope

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Didn't think so, but just wondered. There seems to be a fair bit of discussion on the list at the moment re. re-rolled dice coming up the same. I guess I could go through my recent logs and see if it's just a case of my perception. Not of course that there'll be anything like enough data to be useful (and I'm certainly doing OK at Pbem right now overall anyway), but it'd be interesting nonetheless.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

DW, I've been watching the rerolled stuff lately as I review logs and I can honest say that I'm not seeing a lot of 2 dice blocks coming up the same.

Anyway ... GAME REPORT:

Lou's Elementalist team with 4 Big Guy Elementals faced off against my Snotling team with 4 Big Guy Trolls and a Snotling Pump Wagon

First half, kicked to Lou and he spent the entire drive trying to score. The Troll did an okay job of barring the way, but at the end of the drive the only reason the score was still 0-0 is because Lou couldn't resist the thought of Casualty SPPs and blew his first block roll of turn 7 AND!!! turn 8. He had a walkin on both of those turns to score ... ah Greed ... gotta love the 7 deadly sins.

Second Half.... again one drive for the entire half. Lou kicked to me and the Pump Wagon and the Trolls began to slowly clear the way up the pitch. At one point, it looked grim as Lou got a Diving Tackle ST 4 player on the Snotling with the ball, but on a lucky steering roll the Pump Wagon barrelled in (ST 7) and ended up pushing the Fire Elemental 2 squares away from the ball handling Snot. Despite numerous blitzes on the Snotling ball carrier he avoided 2 three dice blitzes to stay in the game. On my turn 5, the Snotling finished his movement within scoring distance inside a cage with Trolls guarding the key points. Lou had only one way to stop the score. His Air Elemental leaped into the air over the Trolls' heads and delivered a crushing blow to the Snotling (Elementals cannot use rerolls so it was a risky play). The ball popped free and despite spirted efforts to recover it by the single remaining Snotling on the field near the ball, the same Air Elemental breezed through the Trolls to snag the ball and pass it upfield. On the final turn 8, Lou's player managed to reach the endzone to win it.

Final Score: 1-0 (Elementalist over Snotling)
Casualites: 1 BH caused by the Snotling Trolls
2 BH/1 SI caused by the Elementalists
1 BH/2 SI caused by the Snotlings to themselves on failed
GFIs and Dodges.
(I joked with Lou that I was better at hurting my team than
he was).

Good fun was had by all.

Galak