MBBL round 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Looks like the Heirs are going to hang on to a narrow 1-0 win. Been a sorry tale of missed opportunities, failed pick ups, fumbled throws etc.
Was cruising at one stage, then a 3+ scoring Pass to a Lion Warrior resulted in a fumble, and I've been struggling ever since. One of my Dragon Warriors is a miss next game (failed apoth), and picked up a niggle on a lineman to boot.
So looking at moving to W2 L1, but in bad shape for Round 4. I just hope to avoid Pact teams and Dangerous Dave's Khemri.

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Well you'll avoid my pact team but even if you didn't we are in no shape beat anyone down. The other allied teams made sure of that! ;)

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

It is 3-3 (1-1) between Scotts lustrian pact and my chaos after 6 turns in the 1st half.
After Scotts really bad start with the blitz and the failed pass, i had no problems with surrounding the ball with my players, picking it up and score a td.
Scott started up again and did a huge gamble as he ran between my defense with the skink and the ball and only protected him with his kroxigor.
His gamble paid of as my beastman failed to knock him down, leaving his skink with an easy dodge to score a td.
My team is starting up again but it does not look good since he have got a blitz (2 blitz this game out of 3 kick off).

Asmodan

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

DW wrote:

Code: Select all

So looking at moving to W2 L1, but in bad shape for Round 4. I just hope to avoid Pact teams and Dangerous Dave's Khemri.
Hey this team is a lot less potent than it was. It also has a habit of rolling 2 or 3 on armour rolls thus making Piling On a waste of time. We are into O/T and one of the Mummies has spent pretty much the whole game in the KO Box.

JUst managed 2 BH's the whole game - even the crowd has managed a SI. Don't be scared.... any more :(

Dave

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

With three turns left in regulation between the Blackforest Blight and the Horde D'oeuvres, it's looking likely to go to overtime. The Blight came in with only 7 orcs and 2 gobbos after their clash with DD's khemri, but have been dismantling my Chaos Pact team to nearly even the odds (he's got 7 on the pitch and I've got 8.

The Pact is up 2-1, but BB have the ball with a nice big screen to push down the field. My gobbo just SI himself on a double skull block while my troll is busy discovering the mysteries up his nose. No rerolls left for anyone.

The difference has been his ability to make no mistake and make sure he always has every player in exactly the right place to stop anything I want. My two scores have been some desperation at the end of the first half and in trying to do anything to get the ball out of my backfield in the second half.

I mean, he sprinted his gobbo 10 squares into my backfield to put a TZ on my thrower. Got away from that and then in the next turn, blitzed my passer with his gobbo defender's choice and got a knockdown. Not even a reroll. Ugh...

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

My winning start to the season is officially over. I have two turns left to play and am now 3 touchdowns (to nil) down. My last attempt at receiving was just a farce. Firstly there was a blitz at the kick-off. Then I rolled double skull early in my first turn of the drive. Rob then went for it and fell over so the ball was potentially free for me to grab. Then a rolled a double 1 when dodging (using Dodge skill). So Rob was able to get hold of the ball and score.

Cheers,
Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well the Famously Undead continue their loosing streak. Not only having the ball stolen twice in the 1st half, but going only 3 for 6 on 3's to pick up the ball. LA scored 3 times kicking off and once on recieving. Of course any game when a Skink stuns a Flesh golem is a bad one. The only good point was the post game. Getting my other Werewolf, tackle for a wight, and pass for a ghoul. By the way Galak, the ones i really want to have Pass block for kick defense are 1 or more of my ghouls and probably a werewolf, not to mention 1 or 2 zombies for back up.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

My match is no over. Rob's Rotten Rats scored 3 touchdowns, I scored none. I achieved very little throughout and don't really know what I could have done to have won the match.

Oh yeah, I gained no skills at the end of the match, but did have two players reach 6EXP. Presumably they'll continue my tradition of superb dice rolling and both get 1s on their next EXP rolls and then both miss the next match. We shall see... but I think this possibly illustrates the problem of EXP against LRB aging. The latter only affects players who are doing well and who are more likely to be on winning teams. The EXP rolls affect everyone, so even when you've had a bad game and got very few SPPs, you still can get stung by EXP when you desperately needed some encouragement. Anyway, 'nough said. Perhaps by the end of this season (or the next), the whole EXP debate will become clearer.

Cheers,
Martyn

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Finished my game with Jim's dwarves, man were they mean. My vamps only managed one TD (on a very lucky pass attempt). He scored 4 TDs (I think) and inflicted 5 CAS (could be more, I lost count). Kept wasting my RR on my vamp who would always fail his COFAB roll. Anyway, not looking forward to getting the crap kicked out of me again next round. Oh well, I guess this is just go to show how pathetic vamps are with the COFAB rule.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not the Morgontown Marauders (or something like that)?

I had them in my Vamp's 1st game, and managed a grand total of 1SPP, excluding EXP.

What is it with Vamps and Dwarves, my 2nd games against another Dwarf team - Thanks Galak(!) :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Dwarves are the unlive which is the opposite of undead. This is due to their hearts being filled with gold dust rather than blood. :roll: Of course the fact that u were up against the Dwarven King Jim Morgan had nothing to do with your loss.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

sean newboy wrote: Of course the fact that u were up against the Dwarven King Jim Morgan had nothing to do with your loss.
What :o? Why didn't someone warn me sooner?

Galak, is this your revenge for all the 'Fling jokes (even if you did beat me)?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Hey, I had to play Jim's dwarves too, but then I did beat Tom's 'flings so maybe you're right about the revenge thing. Hmmm....

GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Its all formula driven guys .... I cannot help it if the formula is causing the match ups.

As a footnote ... Darkson you were definitely not supposed to play Jim's Dwarves. You were the substitute team for a much higher ranked player that dropped out.

Torg is in a way playing Jim because he did so well against the flings ... TR and league points put him at Jim's Ranking.

Sorry guys no grand revenge plot here. If there is then the Crimson Jyhad (the 3rd vampire team) who just got done wiping up what was left of my Fling team after Torg played them will play Jim next.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Can I play what's left of your 'Flings next then? I fancy my chances against 1 treeman and 2 little guys, I may even score a touchdown :lol: