Little League starting

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Tap Room Grillers vs Team WUp

Post by Vesticle »

Game update: After a drunken spectator threw the ball back towards the Grillers' endzone, Team WUp clashed heads with the remaining Grillers near the LOS, and Lefty Panadell (who already has one touchdown in the game) rushed upfield with teammate Gay Eddie, who scooped up the ball from the pitch. Unfortunately, Eddie fumbled his quick shovel pass over to Lefty, and dropped the ball behind himself.

Once again it was time for Chet Zeshonski to try to carry his team. With helpful blocks from Mark Ganci and Dan "D" Dolloff (which used up Chet's remaining re-roll for the half) Chet snuck out of the scrum through a small hole, and managed to reach and pickup the ball, despite Eddie's best attempts to distract him. However, the Grillers' Captain's heroic efforts for the day finally came to a close, as he pushed himself for some extra speed (GFI) while at the same time dodging away from WUp's lineman. Gay Eddie tackled the talented thrower as he tried to gain some space to throw the ball upfield, smashing Chet's hip in the process (SI: -1 MA).

After some more scrumming away from the play (which caused Team WUp to burn their last re-roll for the half as well. To be honest, I'm trying to get a second casualty for the game, for the FF roll at the end. Sorry Chet, I'm not trying to rub it in) Eddie snatched the ball off the pitch, and gave a quick toss over to his teammate Lefty (with better success on this second attempt at the same play) who ran it into the open end zone.

Team WUp is now lined-up to kick, leading 3-0 after 3 turns from each side in the second half. Aside from their two copped-out linemen, WUp has their full team (7 Linemen, 2 Blitzers) on the field, while the unforunate Grillers are now down to 5 valiant linemen and 1 Bonehead blitzer. Without their captain, will a leader emerge to rally the Grillers to at least save face and avoid the shutout?

Notes: Team WUp now has 2 players that will receive a Star Player roll at the games end. They also have 3 different linemen with 1 completion, who will be able to gain a SP roll if either of them receives the MVP. Team WUps other blitzer, Wup Master (my alter ego) has still not made any significant contributions to the game, having generally been on the weak side, away from the action. Chet's TRG deserve much sympathy from everyone, as aside from the Card in the beginning that gave an MVP to Chet (who now has a smashed hip), they have been unable to gain any SPP. On the plus side, despite losing this game, they've 'only' got 2 SI's against them, so their next game won't be the horror story that Thadrin faces...

David

Reason: ''
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Gay Eddie tackled the talented thrower as he tried to gain some space to throw the ball upfield, smashing Chet's hip in the process (SI: -1 MA).

Hmm. Unless you fouled CZ next turn, he's fine. You'll note that the game automatically rolls AV for players who fall over on fouls. I was prone! :)

-C.

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Oh, I thought you're supposed to roll AV on failed dodges? In my log it lists Chet getting a smashed hip when he fell after his failed dodge...

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Hmm. Maybe I missed that over lunch? I can't check the file here from work. I'll check it later tonight.

-Chet

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Ok, I figured you just missed it, and the program will prone people automatically, but won't handle stuns, KOs, or casualties.. I e-mailed the file after I took my next turn to you, and if you still have the file of before my turn you can check to see if there's some program error. You should be able to see on my log file that Chet wound up with a smashed hip, if the rolls were different on your end, and changed somehow along the line, I guess someone will have to figure out where the error came from later...

David

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Spyke »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I need clearance from Spyke here on this one ....

Are you planning on using the Handicap table???

Because if we are ... then you need to change to the handicap option in the ini file and draw the cards manually with the add card function after the pre-game stuff is finished.

If we will not use the handicap table then we need a custom handicap table in the ini file to handle this.

Bascially the ini setting need fixed one way or the other.

Galak
Greetings and thanks Galak,
I wondered about handicaps prior to round 1 so I did a wee test (TR 75 Vs a TR90). The way things are at the moment if there's enough difference in TR, bonus cards are gained (using the H4 table ?). With your new BBCARDS.INI replacing the standard Random Events set from round 2 onwards I thought that would be sufficient. Is that not the case ?

Spyke.

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Season 1 Schedule

Post by Spyke »

The season 1 schedule has been posted for those whom are interested. Check here

Spyke.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I have no problem with using cards for handicaping in a pub league ... carry on.

Galak

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Heh...I'm playing Vesticle in an unfriendly just now, Skaven vs Dark Elves (and my Skaven are doing about as well as my pub team....), and we have each other next in the Pub league....should be good for a giggle.

Our unfriendly is going at a fair old rate though (started last night, already on turn five), so we'll see if we can finish before we start playing Pubbowl again.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

The game's funny. I thought to try Dark Elves, as I hadn't yet, but they're doing just as poorly as all my other elves. Thadrin can't get any luck either, he's already been forced to use his Apothecary, and he's had 2 people die after being pushed out of the crowd, and one of my witch elves killed herself on a double-down block.

Ugh, how sad... all that carnage.

David

Don Khan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Don Khan »

Is there's any room left in your league?
if yes, i would be interested...seems crazy and funny!

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Spyke »

Don Khan wrote:Is there's any room left in your league?
if yes, i would be interested...seems crazy and funny!
Gidday Don Khan. What great timing :lol: . One player has unfortunately had to drop out so if you're wanting to take his spot please email me at commish@nwnplayer.com

Spyke.

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Hey Spyke, who are we waiting on for round one? =)

David

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Spyke »

Vesticle wrote:Hey Spyke, who are we waiting on for round one? =)

David
Just sent an email about it to the mailing list about 30 minutes ago. But it's The Mended Drum Vs Chico's Bail Bonds and Tap Room Grillers Vs Team WUP.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

D'oh! I just found this thread! Where has it been?! I've always wanted to try Pub Teams! GAH! If you are recruiting please let me know and if not please keep me in mind for when you are!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!