Lustrian Premier League, round 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

ouch, don't remind me about west ham :P

i'm not going to tell you you don't have a challenge ahead of you... i will be struggling to field a full compliment every match myself (if you look, i'm loaded up with freebooters in this match)... but, ny the same token, you can almost expect that the elf team and one of the lizrdman teams have a very good chance of running intot he same personell issues at some point in the season as well... there's a lot of hitting teams in this league... everyone's one game away from rebuilding...

Reason: ''
www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Phil, are you looking for players for next season?

Anyway, was wondering if there's a Lustrian league site with all the location rules,sounds linda of interesting to read.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

we will definitely have an extra division next season... i will split the league in half based on how many i have, 8 and 8 would be nice...

that said, next season is many months away... considering that teh lowest teams currently in the lpl will be dropping into the eventual 1st division, and they will have a dozen games behind them, i may gather the new recruits a few months in advance and run a tourney for them to get them some tr before the next season... my own little inter-toto i suppose...

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Talking of teams suffering, my Elves just suffered another SI - on a failed GFI :( The Apoth is already used on a death. So now I have a max of 9 players for my next game - although I should be able to buy someone and at least I should have some skill rolls to make.

The trouble is, I haven't been able to get to the Werewolf - hence the RSF could well make some more dents in the team.

At present we're losing 2-1 and Tim has the ball. To equalise I need the Undead to make a screw up since whenever I blitz the ball carrier the best I get are pushes......

Dave

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Another foul another casualty, now got 4 in the injured box, Plus 1 was already missing the game, and 1 is Knocked out.

just about to start turn 6. I am a pretty sure that at half time i'll only have three players on the pitch.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Can I play McDeth's team next.... before he gets his Dirty Players......(I know there's a fixed schedule)

We can call it the Hospital Cup or similar.....

Dave

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Ah i was just being bitter, i dont intend getting a team full of dirty players, i dont play that way, and lizzies have suprised me with their resourcefullness, normally the dodging stunties are difficult to knock down, particularly when i never leave one in a TZ for a straight block, but the amount of pows rolled has been disgustingly one sided, and complimented by his Orc Block Blitzers another ball game, i'll just have to write this one of to experience. i can hardly complain my first game in the PDHBBL was Orcs agianst Skaven and i racked up six casualties, all from blocks, even to the extent where i didn't block for most of the second half.

Guess the wheel of fortune has turned back on me and i'm getting my just rewards, i just would have been happier if it had come from the Block dice rather than fouls. I mean come on 5 Fouls and 5 of the pitch, when did that last happen, and not a single dirty player in sight.

Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

That sounds like the sort of beating Generation Next has been giving me in the REBBL Challenge. At least the DP was sent off for the first foul, just leaving me with the piling on mummy, and frenzied wight.

On the other hand HoP have started getting the upper hand against the Nipponese. A bit of a cough and a stutter to start with more pushes and both downs on both sides than is reasonable. Particularly with the stand firm sumos in the middle of the ruck. But a KO and a bushi off the edge of the pitch broke the deadlock, letting me SI another 2.

A couple of turns left of the first half, though so it could all still change. :-?

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I finally managed to get the mino on the floor... even stunned him. Next turn, of course, I put the boot in - I rolled 3 on the foul, so even with the four assists I didn't break armour.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

Approaching half time the humans still lead 1-0. Deathwing finally had a decent roll and got a cas on one of my lineman, and seeing as it was an SI I thought "better use my apoth then"...Failed the bloody roll didn't I :pissed: 50K for that you useless Bat!!!

You're only as old as you feel