Someone please help a newbie.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thefurmonger
Rookie
Rookie

Someone please help a newbie.

Post by Thefurmonger »

Hi guys.
I am a veteran BB player of 10 years or so and just downloaded the play by e-mail program. I am sooooooooooooo lost. all I want is a instruction book, Is there one? We play by the living rule book with progressive go for its. any help would be great.
P.S. Computers hate me so use THE MOST basic instructions you can.
Thanks.

Reason: ''
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Try this first...

http://talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=435

I suggest you print it out and read it while you fiddle with the tool. IF you are still having problems then post again and ask specific questions.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Thefurmonger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thefurmonger »

O.k. I have it mostly working. Thanks.
Now how do I connect my players pics with my roster so they show up when I play?

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

There is a text file in the same directory as the exe file. Read this and it should explain what you need to do.

Basically all the pics need to be in their own subdirectories (by race) within the roster directory. Then before starting a game, you need to add the picture refs to the html.

Use Notepad to open the html and add the refs. If you are not sure what to do, I suggest you download a team html from one of the PBEM leagues and open this to see the picture refs - they are at the end of the file.

Dave