MBBL2 Round 1 - Season 3 started

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The Dorks have managed to win 2-1 v the Nurgles. A scrappy game and although my armour rolls were very poor, my other rolls - dodges, gfis generally went well. The game could have gone either way and I would like to put on record my hatred for FA level 6 (need to roll a 6 before you can hit him) ST 0 players. Jeff played him well and tried to mark my Storm Giant when he could. Fortunately for the rest of you, he (the FA Level 6 guy) passes into Nurgle slime after this game. As for the Storm Giant - he has been completely inaffective once more.

Anyway the game still has one turn each to go... but since its a kick off and Jeff doesn't have a one turn scorer, that will be the result.

Dave

Reason: ''
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Arvandoria Athletic have managed to pull off a win in an extremely close match against Jimtown Juggernauts. The elves managed to score quickly at the beginning of the second half, to take the score to 2-1, but would need to work very hard to prevent the chaos dwarves equalizing.

I did manage to spread the chaos dwarves out a bit and get 3 players on the ball carrier at one point, but Jim managed to slow his drive down and surround me and bash his way through. With two turns to go, the ball carrier was within touching distance of the endzone and my guys couldn't get to him. Then Jim made a mistake and fouled one of my players without running the ball carrier in. The ref spotted the foul and I got another chance to get to the ball carrier.

I was going to blitz a bull centaur with my dauntless blitzer and run him round to put a TZ on the ball carrier, but failed the dauntless roll even with a re-roll. I then had to dodge elves and gfi to put two TZs on the ball carrier... which somehow fortunately came off. Jim then got some assists and attempted to blitz with the ball carrier and run in to score. Fortunately he could only push with the blitz, so needed to dodge... and he failed the dodge roll and couldn't re-roll since the ball carrier was an ally.

Phew! Somehow I won the match, but it was *very* *very* close.

Oh yeah, I got a skill on one of my blitzers who is now: 7/4/5/9 Block (AG+1, ST+1, Magic Helmet). I keep intending to give him Dodge but the stat increases just keep rolling in.

Cheers,
Martyn

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

martynq wrote:Oh yeah, I got a skill on one of my blitzers who is now: 7/4/5/9 Block (AG+1, ST+1, Magic Helmet). I keep intending to give him Dodge but the stat increases just keep rolling in.
Uh .... Personal Apothecary time maybe????? :o
He'd cost you 140k ... but that sounds like a player you might want to protect at least until EXP kicks in and then no one is safe over the long haul.

I've considered a change to the Level 5 Apothecary. In addition to trying to save a dead player, he'd be able to use the ability INSTEAD to reverse any one EXP aging failure during the post-game. If/when we adopt EXP I'll probably make this rule change.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

The Dynamo's pulled of a 2-1 win in a pretty dire game, which i have to say was due to the way i played the game, basically soaked up 8 turns with possession, and scored in turn 8 for a 1-0 lead. Lars Quickly equalized in the second half, leaving me seven turns to win the game, which i did again in the 8th. I actually apologized to Lars after for the way i'd played. PS i didn't stand on the Touchdown line for turns, just didn't break free for the TD until the last., Lars couldn't break down my cage and with a couple of Leaping Elven maidens and Lion Warriors, it was a risky ploy to allow him to score equalize again in a game i'd pretty much dominated.

I'll try and play better next time, It was more of an experiment on how to defeat a high agility, fast moving team, by keeping the ball away, I managed to do that by restricting there possession to only 2 turns.

PS: My Bull Centaur gained a +1 ST, Heh Heh.

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Axme Akaddemi of inventions have defeated Bad Mist Rising 3-1.
It was a really fun game to play, especially since i had axme cards which i could use.
My wiley skaven was leading 2-0 at halftime after they had been lucky in the use of their cards.
In the second half however everything went wrong for the skaven as all their attempts to knock down the ball carrier backfired and instead knocked down and injured the skaven.
4 cards and 2 block attempts was tried and all except 1 card ended with a skaven player being knocked down or injured.
But with the help of the all famous portable hole, and a failed GFI and GFI reroll on a fimir player, the skaven managed to score another td before the end of the game.

This team are really fun to play with and i am glad i chose it.
They do get hurt easily, but sometimes they end up doing something you never thought you would see from a skaven team, or any team at all.

Asmodan

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Asmodan wrote:They do get hurt easily, but sometimes they end up doing something you never thought you would see from a skaven team, or any team at all.

Asmodan
Not against my Fimir they don't. My team's in extra training to try and learn how to break AV, rather than equaling it.

Oh, and they lost to Axme in a friendly as well :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hmm they may be fun.... but the earlier version was way too gross. IMO they still get too many cards but its not too bad now - but not a team you can easily plan to do much against!

Dave

Wendall R.
Rookie
Rookie

Dark Elf pride!

Post by Wendall R. »

The Mirkwood Marauders have officially doubled their wins, beating Cattle Dogs 2 by a 3-2 sudden death OT score. Despite a slow start and getting pushed around, the Marauders caused 6 cas's and netted some new fans with their performance. They even splurged and purchased a squad of naughty dark elf cheerleaders. :)

It was a rough game, with the Dogs' much more numerous fans killing the ref and allowing all of their highly illegal animal riders to almost stop the Elves from tying the game in the second half. Unfortunately for the replacement refs, both teams' fans went berserk at the start of OT, tearing the striped-shirts limb from limb and pigpoling them along the edge of the pitch. With no refs to watch the game, and the Marauders fielding more than twice the number of players of their opponents, OT was not a sight for the faint of heart.

MVP of the game was star blighted treeman Urlusk Rotroot, who gained some Pro abilities to augment his already skillful Blocking, and help him in those difficult situations.

"McDonald's will make you fat. McDonald's has the Big Mac. They have the Quarter Pounder; they will put pounds on you. McDonald's is the place to ROCK." - Wesley Willis, Rock n' Roll McDonald's
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Go the elves!

Welcome to the board Wendall.

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, welcome Wendall, just don't spend to much time here. Who've got a league to run, and my were's need to be taken walkies around a BB pitch.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Wendall R.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wendall R. »

Well, since my mbbl2 game is finished up, and the only other league I play in is the WBBL's free-for-all division, I've got more time to dedicate to making the website actually look decent and make sure the PDHBBL is fully operational by Sunday. :P

"McDonald's will make you fat. McDonald's has the Big Mac. They have the Quarter Pounder; they will put pounds on you. McDonald's is the place to ROCK." - Wesley Willis, Rock n' Roll McDonald's