LRB Challenge League...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

The stupid hats own i got a fair few off ebay in fact i have 10 choas dwarfs so have 4 spare, might have to convert them into staff, need some more hobbos though.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

By the way, my coach's name is Gruff Axehead, not Darkson.

Gruff was the coach of my Norse team, the Nordland Wolves, who joined the Skaven team the Underdark Daggers before being forcibly transfered to the Black Mountain Bears after a match record of P3/L2/going to lose 1.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Question:
How do you regulate the cheating that is bound to go on in updating rosters? If I challenge coach B how do I know that he really earned 23 spp's against coach A? Also what will you do about coaches who play 2 games at once and only keep the better game?

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Not the commish here, but I think that this question has a simple answer.

The same way that rostered games take place. The rosters etc are all held by the commish, who sets up the games, and uses the rosters that he keeps. So at any time, he will know who is playing who, and limit the games to 1 per team at a time. He will also be checking any logs that come back and updating the rosters off that, rather than taking people's word for it. Apart from the way the matches are organised, there's no real difference between this any any other PBeM league.

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Pariah - Scott pretty much hit it on the head. I hold all the rosters and do all the updating of them. I also will be checking the game files for cheating.

A challenge is made simply by emailing the team you are challenging and copying me in. The challenged coach has 24 hours to respond; Accept, Refuse or substitute. The coach responds to both the challenger and myself. I then create the game file, or update the league points in the event of a refusal.

Bottom line: once you send me a roster...I do all the work. All you do is challenge and play. Yes it may take me a little bit to get the game file out once a challenge is accepted, but I will do my best to get it out in a timely fashion.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

I am definetly in. Just have to choose race and set up roster.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Tchatter,

Still got room for my 2nd team?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Of course...

There is NO LIMIT to the number of teams that may be in the challenge league.

The only limit is that you may only have 2 teams active at one time.

Ex-Commish of REBBL
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

So, I'm in as well. Playing against the BB dwarves.....
And I must say that it goes terribly :(
Three turnovers in rapid successions even with rerolls. And although my opponent had no more rerolls after his second turn, he doesn't need them anymore either.
I hate playing dwarves. I hate them :D

Why did I accept this, I must have been filled with absinth and laudanum :roll:

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Just wanted to say that the league is going strong...

Someday I will come up with some stats like total CAS, TDs, Total Games played would be interesting...

Anyone may join, no experience necessary!!

REBBL Challenge League

Click on RULES at the top to learn how to join, and what rules we use...

Tim

Ex-Commish of REBBL
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

C'mon Tchatter, don't keep us in suspense, when's the Skaven clan league starting? I've seen the advertising on your REBBL site, tell us now! :lol:

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

As soon as I...

1. Get the new REBBL league website all fixed up.

2. Try to clean up the challenge league website.

3. Figure out an easy way to track all the Fouls succeeded/Failed, Fouls attempted/Failed, etc... for the clan league.

4. Figure out how to make a clan league run smoothly and efficiently (in other words: the challenge process, or do I do something similar to the MBBL, or do I do a fixed schedule... don't know, but I don't like how the challenge league is running...too much work on my part.)

Ex-Commish of REBBL