Looking for good Nurgle resources/advice

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Looking for good Nurgle resources/advice

Post by ShriekBob »

Rotters finished in a blitzing of paint. It only took me 8 hours to paint all 10 (sans there skin, that took me about 4-5 last night).

So yeah, the current plan is: -

Pestigor - 1 with Block/Mighty Blow/Claw, 1 as ball carrier, other 2 generic (maybe strip ball shenanigans?)
Warriors - Block, possibly Gaurd, possibly Tentacles.
Rotters - 1 Dirty Player, wrestle/fend to taste? Smeborg, you mentioned survival traits....like what?
Beast - Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Block, possibly Gaurd (seeing as he should always be in tackle zones?)

Does that sound about right?

Finally, Kick...do I care? Normally it would be the first skill I take, but it seems less useful on Nurgle, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Reason: ''
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

ShriekBob wrote:Rotters finished in a blitzing of paint. It only took me 8 hours to paint all 10 (sans there skin, that took me about 4-5 last night).

So yeah, the current plan is: -

Pestigor - 1 with Block/Mighty Blow/Claw, 1 as ball carrier, other 2 generic (maybe strip ball shenanigans?)
Warriors - Block, possibly Gaurd, possibly Tentacles.
Rotters - 1 Dirty Player, wrestle/fend to taste? Smeborg, you mentioned survival traits....like what?
Beast - Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Block, possibly Gaurd (seeing as he should always be in tackle zones?)

Does that sound about right?

Finally, Kick...do I care? Normally it would be the first skill I take, but it seems less useful on Nurgle, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Sounds pretty good - I would go with wrestle/block on the rotters as a first skill - fend would be a second at best.

Your comment on Kick made me think, and I think that there is something to that. I think Nurgleis not flair and not bashy, they are the only stymie team. They do really well at tying up the key players and then getting the ball once their plans are scuppered. Kick is always a useful skill, but if anyone is not going to make the best use of it, it will be Nurgle.

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. It seems to be a case of controlling the pace of the game, giving your opponent no good choices, forcing a running play thanks to DP, but simultaneously screening a running play cos its your opponents only option. They play like old school CCG control really. They're not a bashy team (but they can bash), they're certainly not a flair team, but I think, if played well, your opponent could feel like hes running on a tread mill, a whole lot of effort, but he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

As I say, I like it alot. Perfect fit for me I think.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Block (or Wrestle), Fend and Foul Appearance are what I consider basic "survival skills" for the Rotters.

I see Block and Wrestle as either/or skills. Either you give the Pestigors Wrestle and the Rotters Block, or Block to the Pestigors and Wrestle to the Rotters. I prefer the former, but it seems you may prefer the latter.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

Wrestle the rotters, because your pestigors will be busy buying block/guard/mb/piling on/tackle and forcing those opposing armorchecks. Also they carry the ball so wrestle is useless there as well.

Don't underestimate guard, you'll need just as much as any Dwarf/Orc/Chaos if you want to go toe to toe. That's really what hinders nurgle becoming killy too soon, a lot of the to be mb/claw picks become Block/guard instead.

Also don't skip that one MB/Piling on, its bigger than claw against most sides..

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Carnis wrote: Also don't skip that one MB/Piling on, its bigger than claw against most sides..
+1

I was not a believer of this combo until my buddy used it with his norse in a tourney and racked up 32 casualties in 6 games!

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

Only planning on MB/Claw on the one Pestigor. After that I'm thinking lots of Gaurd, Tackle etc.

MB/Pile On on a Rotter?

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

ShriekBob wrote:MB/Pile On on a Rotter?
In order to be viable, MB and Piling on would first need Block. That is a LOT of SPPs for a rotter. If you ever get one to the second skill, I would look at the composition of the team and see what it needs.

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

I take it its meant to be on a pset instead of claws?

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

ShriekBob wrote:I take it its meant to be on a pset instead of claws?
pset? :?:

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

Pest. I can't type.

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

So, another game down.

I lost 3-0.

First half was a white wash. I decided, like a moroon to try my warriors on the LOS. I then proceeded to setup a very poor defence with not enough DP coverage, and with an easy whole in which to cage. I got punished. I then tried an overly agressive play after his touchdown, and ended up flubbing again. I was 2-0 down at the end of the first half, not something I was going to make up. A well deserved 2-0 down I might add, my opponent played much better than me, and I made some stunning mistakes, not watching TZs properly, using the beast too often rather than leaving him as a sort of "standing pillar". This all ofcourse caused a second problem, because I was making stupid plays and taking too many risks I burnt my two rerolls on things that, in the end, didn't really matter. This meant when I rolled the inevitable game changing double skulls I couldn't reroll. Lets hope thats lesson learnt.

Second half was closer, but in the end the best I could have managed would have been a 2-1 or 2-2. As it turned out I, again, set up poorly, made some chump moved and it cost me. I again burnt unnesc. rerolls. Annoyingly however, indirectly, it was my misuse of rerolls that cost me the match. I needed to roll a 2D block with The Beast. I double skullsed it. That was game over. Beast was the only one that was going to be able to cover the ball. My chimp rolling got me double both downs, my opponent had block.

So yeah, I played like a class act chimp, my opponent played much better than me, and to add insult to injury, Our Lord and Master Nuffle did not look kindly on my wasting of rerolls and cursed with poor block dice, only 2 armour breaks all game, and no casualties. Thank fully, the saving grace? I only got 1, and it was -1AV on a Rotter I do believe, so hardly the end of the world.

I must remember, stymie, not bashy. Don't let my opponent control the pace of the game, I have to.

Still, good game, for all my frustration at those damned dice.

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

I should also point out that because this was a friendly we ran with TV100 teams. So 11 men, no 2nd Pestigor, and no extra skills.

Scally09
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scally09 »

Cool write up, i agree you made some chimp moves, but it wasn't all your mistakes. maybe you were unsure how to handle the two bull centaurs, they really won the match for me. Pretty much agree with the rest of the report, you did burn through re-rolls but in the situation, with the beast and the tentacles, i would have done the same, not looking at the bigger picture.

You'll have to face my 'zons next.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

ShriekBob wrote:So, another game down.

I lost 3-0.....

What team were you playing against?