3 Khemri questions

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: 3 Khemri questions

Post by Smeborg »

Thanks, Guys, for your lovely replies.

I have a further question. I know it is customary to start Blitz-Ra development with M-Blow, but I wonder if there is a case for giving them Guard first, to create a 6-Guard Khemri team as early as possible (more than 6 if any Skellies get doubles).

All the best.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Smeborg!

There is indeed cause for Guard first. If you prefer a control style (and I know you do) Guard is superior to MiB for the Blitz-Ras first. I would absolutely go MiB next, as control is certainly made easier when you are up men, but to reinforce your ST advantage with more Guard and watch even Dwarves and Orcs stare at a line full of uphill blocks - there are few better feelings!

And to echo sentiments expressed by other coaches here, never put Break Tackle on a Blitz-Ra unless he is 4ST and BT would be his 5th skill. Even then, maybe not. :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I was also thinking of increasing the quantum of 3-die blocks by the Tomb Guardians. Seems to be the best way to preserve those precious re-rolls.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

A MB mans is too good to not take early and Guard is too good for your TGs. Second Blitz-Ra to skill could get Guard but I, like the top boys on fumbbl, would build both Blitz-Ras as killers unless you get the stats to make them a ballcarrier.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Depending on your league, Guard is pushing Tackle back a level and I find that the lack of Tackle has been a real pain when playing Elves. Not just for smacking the pointy eared gits in the face but also for stopping them running through you.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

With guard on the TGs you can get the MB blitzer in for, well, blitz's. How often do the league opponents let you get all the TG's in position to block or support with guard each other?

crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

For me it's all about MB for Blitz Ra's simply because there's so many other skills they want, Tackle being top amongst them before Guard (If Guards taken at all). As Chris said personally I prefer not to leave anything in contact but If I've got to its a Skeleton with wrestle or failing that Guardian with Guard while keeping the blitz ra's free and uncommitted so to maintain movement and options during my turn. My normal development is one Killer Blitz Ra and one Sweeper/Support, the former does not get Guard as all, while the latter does but only after Tackle and MB.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Thanks, Guys, for your replies - much appreciated.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

MattDakka wrote:
mattgslater wrote:
Blitz-Ras are your killers, you need removal 'cause your guys are fragile and clumsy. Mighty Blow, Tackle, and Piling On: deviate only for AG and ST.
Honestly, +AG is not worth on a Blitz-Ra, 40 TV for AG 3 on a player that is not going to handle the ball?
Not a good idea at all.
+ST is fine.
I couldn't disagree with this more. If a blitz-ra gets +AG, it becomes the ball carrier. +AG is gold on a blitz-ra or throw-ra. I think it is the second best improvement that can be got for any player. ( HMP on the goblin bomber is the best IMHO)

PS . Good to see you on the weekend Smeborg hopefully catch you again at Eucbowl.

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Big A wrote:I couldn't disagree with this more. If a blitz-ra gets +AG, it becomes the ball carrier. +AG is gold on a blitz-ra or throw-ra. I think it is the second best improvement that can be got for any player.
Agree totally.
Big A wrote:( HMP on the goblin bomber is the best IMHO)
I hate you so much.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Big A wrote:I couldn't disagree with this more. If a blitz-ra gets +AG, it becomes the ball carrier. +AG is gold on a blitz-ra or throw-ra. I think it is the second best improvement that can be got for any player. ( HMP on the goblin bomber is the best IMHO)

PS . Good to see you on the weekend Smeborg hopefully catch you again at Eucbowl.
And I couldn't disagree with this (first) part more. +AG on a Thro-Ra is great, he is already the ballcarrier with Sure Hands. But adding AG to a Blitz-Ra denies you a killer or Guard support, both of which Khemri desperately need if they are going to complete. Losing a Blitz-Ra just to have a Human's AG isn't worth it, to me.

I don't think the thing with Khemri is to try and 'fix' their AG problem by throwing 3AG on the first player to roll it. It's not a fix and delays the team's true power - to be the biggest and strongest on the pitch. With their natural high ST, they start off ahead of other rookie bash teams like Dwarves and Orcs. Reinforcing that with Guard and Mighty Blow keeps them ahead for quite a while - not forever of course. Taking AG on anyone other than the Thro-Ra helps all those Block teams catch up to the Khemri and overtake their mass-Guard with mass-Mighty Blow and some Guard as well.

With 3AG on the Blitz-Ra, he is still 6MA, no Blodge, nothing extraordinary and still doesn't pick up as reliably (without a team RR) as the Thro-Ra with 2AG and Sure Hands. (You need team RRs for the TGs blocks) If you then put Sure Hands on the Blitz-Ra, that is Guard/MiB your team will miss, or MiB/Tackle, etc.

Khemri can take loads of Guard and MiB because they have to, they are not dynamic, never will be, but have a single-minded focus and playstyle that makes them unique. Other hitting teams load up on Guard/MiB because it's effective but they have options to do otherwise, they just (sadly) usually choose not to explore them. Khemri only have this one option and it still doesn't overcome their obvious weaknesses - lowest AG in BB and the Decay - so I find them to be more 'pure' in their strategy on the pitch. Khemri employ a 'boring' skill curve because it's thematic and built into their roster. Dwarves/Orcs/Norse/etc do it because it's effective, they have options, but coaches usually do not want to experiment.

So if you want to AG up a Blitz-Ra to experiment, I say go for it! But I do not find it to be the most effective way to build the team, not even close.

Now Hail Mary Pass? Preach it brother! That IS the best skill-up any player in BB can hope for! :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

Moraiwe wrote:
Big A wrote:I couldn't disagree with this more. If a blitz-ra gets +AG, it becomes the ball carrier. +AG is gold on a blitz-ra or throw-ra. I think it is the second best improvement that can be got for any player.
Agree totally.
Big A wrote:( HMP on the goblin bomber is the best IMHO)
I hate you so much.
Moraiwe you made me laugh.

Moraiwe's Khemri have had a very hard time vs my HMP Bomber. Looking forward to the coming season.

SunDevil we will have to agree to disagree

My league team http://www.southernvalley.bloodbowlleag ... p=ro&t=khe (that is in semi-retirement) has 2 +AG blitz-ras. Unfortunately I got the +Str on the on a thro- ra, would have liked to have it the other way around.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

I would have thought that +Ag on a Blitz-Ra was best suited to making him more mobile and, in a pinch, a potential hand off receiver. You're still going to want to carry the ball with a Thro-Ra but you have an extra option in the form of the Blitz-Ra. And if any team ever needed extra options it's Khemri.

Not that I ever have to deal with such terrible difficulties as rolling stat boosts on my Khemri :(

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I can see your point SunDevil. Khemri are the definition of having a plan A with no plan B, even more so than Nurgz. So while one option is to maximize the effectiveness of plan A, it shouldn't be hard to see the counterpoint of taking MA and AG to hopefully have at least a chance in hell when things don't go well.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

In most BB games you need to pick the ball up at some point. An ag3 blitzra with a TRR is better than a thrower and more survivable with block. Khemri might have 4 big tough players, but they also have fragile skeletons and often are men down. You don't always have the luxury of plays for the ball with multiple players. He is also better at dodging (moving). Unless I am already swimming in Ag, I would always take it on the blitzra's.