Vulcan's Hammers: "chaos" dwarves team.

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Vulcan's Hammers: "chaos" dwarves team.

Post by Pitch Invader »

The copper was a blend by trial & error.

I started with an old pot of Ral Partha "Parthia Paints" 77-722 'Copper Metallic'. I've had this for close to 20 years, and it's still good. Amazes me how some of those old paints last but GW paints will dry out in less than a year.

Anyway, if you can't find it- as I'm sure it's long OOP, it is a reddish copper, more red than a real copper penny is. But it wasn't as red as I wanted their metal to be, and I wanted to start with a lighter color to work down the shading, so I added to it Vallejo Model Color Old Gold & Vallejo game color silver.. a bit more silver than gold.. gold was to lighten it some and to keep the silver from turning the copper to pink (yellow colors help balance that process). I added some red ink at that point. That made the base color, then I added black & more red ink to it for shadows, weathering was done with thin burnishing of the gold & silver, and glazes of P3 armor wash with a touch of the shadow color, and very thin glazes of blue & green in spots. most of which doesn't show up in photos too well :roll:

Reason: ''
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

Hi Pitch Invader, i've posted a pic of your team in the spanish Blood Bowl forum, as an example for our Legacy 2014 Team. Hope there's not a problem with it, i've credited you for painting the team.

If there's any problem about it, please tell me and i will remove it.

Thanks so much!

(And sorry so much for the threadomancy)

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Would be more interesting to see how your "receipe" can be applied with current colours (e.g. Citadel's current range).

Nice team btw

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

oi!oi! to this team.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Pimp a$$! :smoking: