Orc teams too strong?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gorblitz!!
Experienced
Experienced

Orcs is slow

Post by Gorblitz!! »

The DE and Skaven in your league should be running rings around him. Humans should have a harder time but still leave him in the dust. Chaos can bitch slap a hole in his line and storm through. There should be no problem with this orc team. Sounds like the orc coach is just pretty good (except for the all players on the line thing, thats a joke). Read strategy articles on the web and you should do allright. Dont be embarased to set up the board and work out some strategies by yourself.

Along the Dwarf line: One dice blocks rule for a new dwarf team. Never worry about 1 dice blocks if you are a dwarf.

Play to your strengths and the enemies weaknesses! Orcs is slow go around them!

Reason: ''
Jordell: Dodge to here on anything but a ...........DAMN IT!!
Anduin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anduin »

Orcs aren't really that bad until the BOB's get block...then life is bad

The last time I played them I finished the game with eight(!!!) amazons in the KO box. Still won 1-0 though... :D

Anduin

roysorlie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by roysorlie »

sean newboy wrote:
The Elves easily win against orcs.
I think your leagues orc teams need to work on their tactics. The elves should have a hard time of taking the ball away at the very least. I know from experience the orc passing game is strong (in most cases sure hands is just as good as ag 4). In my original ftf league an orc team was one of the most competitive. Then again they had Morg, Varag, and a st 5 Bob. :roll:
Admittably, the orc player lacks a little for tactics, but that's really just in choosing in which order to do things.

When playing WE, i just have a guy leap in with strip ball, push the carrier over, use another player to snap up the ball, and pitch it upfield where I had a catcher prepared to receive, hey presto. TD. This tactic works well against any team. Orcs no different. Now, admittably, I don't lose very many matches at all. Last two I won repectivly, 6-0 and 8-0.

The orc team is just fine, and not overpowered. But that can develope to become nasty. But by that time, so's my team.

Roy

Norwegian National Tournament Organizer.

Coachname [url=http://fumbbl.com/~SnakeEyes]SnakeEyes[/url] on [url=http://fumbbl.com/]fumbbl.com[/url]
NAF member 187
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Sounds like his ball carrier needs block and a better, looser cage. If that ball is always ending up with just one tz on it that consistently there is definately some problems. There are ways of dealing with leapers. For one thing where are the guards making your blitzes 2 dice his favor, how many dodges is he forcing for u to get that leap to the hit point.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
roysorlie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by roysorlie »

sean newboy wrote:Sounds like his ball carrier needs block and a better, looser cage. If that ball is always ending up with just one tz on it that consistently there is definately some problems. There are ways of dealing with leapers. For one thing where are the guards making your blitzes 2 dice his favor, how many dodges is he forcing for u to get that leap to the hit point.
Umm, well.

His cage could use improvement. True. His blitzers usually runs off to blitz somebody. But at any rate, I have a few guards myself, and usually tear the cage apart sooner or later. All you need is that little break.

But as I said, he does thing in the wrong order. Which usually ends up meaning his cage is incomplete.

Roy

Norwegian National Tournament Organizer.

Coachname [url=http://fumbbl.com/~SnakeEyes]SnakeEyes[/url] on [url=http://fumbbl.com/]fumbbl.com[/url]
NAF member 187
Bob-the-Fish
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob-the-Fish »

I have to say that I think the orc team is one of the best league teams in BB. They have high AV so they don't take many injuries, letting them save up for more powerful players. They aren't don't lack speed or ball handling capabilities as many other strength teams do, with Blitzers and Gobbos. They have good positional players (thrower, blitzer, BO) that are all realitively cheap (80K is NOT expensive for a blitzer or BO's stats), meaning they can start the season with a couple of them.
On top of that they can take trolls, ogres and goblins giving them access to one turn scoring and agility skills. They can freeboot almost all the special weapons and have excellent Star Player access.
I don't think orcs are broken or TOO powerful, but I do think that they are one of the best league teams. Even in the hands of a less experience coach they can take on any team with a very decent chance of winning. And in the hands of a good coach that can maximise all their strengths and has decent luck, they can be deadly.

Bob-the-Fish
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
BobbyDavro

Post by BobbyDavro »

I have passed on the thoughts of the people in this forum and told our league players to stop whining and learn how to play ;-)

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Anduin- Knights of the Dinner Table rules!!!!

Nice one, buddy.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Harleqin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Harleqin »

Orcs can be powerful, yeah, but in our league where 1/4 of the teams are Ocrs they haven't posed a problem yet. The coaches spend too much time battering the opposition and this makes it easy for us to run around them them. So far the human team in their group has done best of all, so overpowered, no. What is worrying me are the two piling on mummies I'll face in my next game.
Orcs are versatile, but slow and shouldn't be a problem. If the blitzers are down they are usually not too much of a problem.

The game is about GLORY. Doing things in STYLE.
kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

orc is a good team, but its not the ultimate team!