Anyone ready to change their anti-GW stance yet?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bruce888
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Anyone ready to change their anti-GW stance yet?

Post by bruce888 »

I do not often post but without condoning nor condemning I understand. I am a fan of blood bowl and very happy it's back. The scale up for me is great, the over use of spikes and blades is not but easily remedied.

Reason: ''
Lars Envengger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lars Envengger »

I originally posted a mail from an online shop who got some problems with GW, and thought about it... I wouldn't want they got more problems with my post. But I got some reasons to change my point of view on GW... for worse. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

bruce888 wrote:I do not often post but without condoning nor condemning I understand. I am a fan of blood bowl and very happy it's back. The scale up for me is great, the over use of spikes and blades is not but easily remedied.
Yea, the spikes and blades all over kind of bothered me too. Funny that I hand't even thought of clipping/filing them off yet, I've been out of the miniature painting/modification business for too long.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Lars Envengger wrote:I originally posted a mail from an online shop who got some problems with GW, and thought about it... I wouldn't want they got more problems with my post. But I got some reasons to change my point of view on GW... for worse. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
If you mean Coximininos then unfortunately they got what they deserved, though it is unfortunate that BB coaches got caught in the flak. I don't blame GW on that one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lars Envengger wrote:I originally posted a mail from an online shop who got some problems with GW, and thought about it... I wouldn't want they got more problems with my post. But I got some reasons to change my point of view on GW... for worse. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Yeah ... sorry but that company was warned multiple times about what they were doing could end up in trouble.

GW is not to blame on this one.

One of 2 things happened ... and either one is definitely not a GW issue but an issue with the company you ordered from breaking the rules.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Lars Envengger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lars Envengger »

You made a point, I read your post on the miniatures section, and there are things I just didn't know about the issue. I should have been more lucky on wayland games, maybe.

However, I don't think I read somewhere that dice would be run in a limited product. I asked in France, and in UK, they told me they won't be released again. I guess I'm not the only coach to be surprised by it. It only helps Ebay resellers, not GW... I just can't understand that.

In fact, I won't be a GW hater. But they should have had my money for all the stuff they would have made in the future, now I'm just strongly hesitate to buy the Box and all the future stuff. I was a collector, and I was ready to be on that part of the hobby again, with that release... Maybe they helped me to be detoxified from my addiction :D

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

If it is true that claw is being changed to CRP+ rules, than GW/Andy just got a big star in my book.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Bakunin wrote:If it is true that claw is being changed to CRP+ rules, than GW/Andy just got a big star in my book.
And making AV 9 over powered....... :-?

AV9 team are very strong from the start.... and without Mighty Claw they are very strong in the long run as well.
Not good. :(

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Rolex wrote:
Bakunin wrote:If it is true that claw is being changed to CRP+ rules, than GW/Andy just got a big star in my book.

AV9 team are very strong from the start.... and without Mighty Claw they are very strong in the long run as well.
Dont agree. Having two skills that can make a Black Orc have the same armor as an halfling is a problem.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Bakunin wrote:
Rolex wrote:

Dont agree. Having two skills that can make a Black Orc have the same armor as an halfling is a problem.
And that problem is that the Orcs are not a top team at high TV.
As they should not be.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Bakunin wrote:Dont agree. Having two skills that can make a Black Orc have the same armor as an halfling is a problem.
It is objectively not a problem. If the designers choose to change it because they don't like it that's another matter.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

And that problem is that the Orcs are not a top team at high TV.
As they should not be.
Out of curiousity....."should not be" due to what reason? Is it a personal opinion? I guess we all have one. Mine says, that according to the fluff they should be one of the best teams along humans, dwarves, undead and pro-elves - the typical Blood Bowl teams.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

dode74 wrote:
Bakunin wrote:Dont agree. Having two skills that can make a Black Orc have the same armor as an halfling is a problem.
It is objectively not a problem. If the designers choose to change it because they don't like it that's another matter.
That nonsense again.

We want a fun board game, clawpomb is not fun, so there it is.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Bakunin wrote:That nonsense again.

We want a fun board game, clawpomb is not fun, so there it is.
Calling facts nonsense again?

Plenty of people find CPOMB fun. Saying "it is not fun" is not the same thing as saying "you don't find it fun". There's a difference between your opinion and facts.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

You still dont get it. Your opinion is not a fact. And you or the game designers dont get to choose what the objectively measures are.