Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Next team?

Post by MacHurto »

Undead next, for those of you without FB

Reason: ''
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

Revealed next team :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Intriguing.
Wonder how the box set will work with zombies and skeletons. Maybe a choice?

These are also a bit more practical looking than say the Skaven (as much as I love the models). Less one footed going by the ghouls and the lights. Ok the mummy is one footed but I don't mind a few going that way.

Love them.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Well, I guessed wrong on that one, but happy to see these.

Stockier Mummy mini is very sweet.
Ghoul mini looks way more interesting to me.
The Wraith mini though, is the best by far. Has a bit of a nod to the old, which was one of my fave BB minis.

Hmm, if there is only 1 Ghoul....that's a lot of boxes to buy.

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

I love the look of these! Assuming it will be a slightly more expensive 14 player box it will also be great value, since those skeletons convert nicely into ghouls (I prefer the one on the right side of the top row). A bit of greenstuff to model a stomach, some miliput to lessen the recesses on the arms, legs, and ribcages to make it look like streched skin and you're good to go. One box with all the players you need for a competetive team.

Sabotage!
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sabotage! »

Very exciting to see the Undead factions finally getting some representation, and they look absolutely stunning. Probably my favorite team so far. It will be interesting to see how these are sold. I wonder if there will be two sprues of 7? Or will the mummies be in separate box like the ogre and troll?

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

I would guess each sprue will be Wight, Ghoul, 2x zombie, 2x Skeleton and the Mummies on the side in plastic as the Ogre so they can be bigger/bulkier, hopefully 2x in one box. 2 teams needs mummies (or mummy proxies) and they are a must (unlike assassins, Star players, etc) so would be surprised to see them trough FW

zamerion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamerion »

And the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjVhMhTMW0

No alternative heads? :(
(only mommy)

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

i like the team apart from the mummy, it looks far too mobile, doesnt really look right to me in anyway tbh.

I'll be very disappointed if these are the only sculpts we get for the team though, alt versions of all the players are desperately needed

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

If it is 14 players for 20£ then it is as good as it gets. I don’t mind the lack of poses in a 20£ box. They can just add blister packs as for humans through FW (2 ghouls, mummy, whight)

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

From the video, it looks like there are two heads for the mummy. I agree, the Mummies really shouldn't be running, unless they are getting a move increase. I can probably live with it, but might look into the possibility of a leg swap.

I also think this is one of the best paint jobs I've seen from GW on the Blood Bowl minis. I know it's pretty basic, but I really like the black with the fire trim.

Yea, I think a FW pack with 2 Ghouls, 1 Wight, and 1 Mummy would round this team out quite nicely. Here's hoping!

Edit: Should be a really nice Spike! Magazine edition too! Wonder what Star Players will be cropping up?

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

The mummies aren't actually running, they are failing GFIs and falling :P

Northern Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Northern Monkey »

Just as I finish painting my 3rd ed Undead team they release this, swines! Now I'm gunna have to have two undead teams! As I have just converted my Elf Union team to Woodies (using Escher gang and harlequin bits) I can guarantee the next team will be Woodies!

TheJimintheNorth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TheJimintheNorth »

I like these a lot. Nice balance of a 'classic' design and the sportier approach of the newer teams. The posing on the Mummy seems to be divisive but personally no problem with it.

The Spike! issue should be a gem.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

By the gods that aren't, and Nuffle's crotch: no....

These fidgety, spikey abominations actually make third edition look more respectable... admittedly, much in the same way rap makes country music seem better.... :P

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"