Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Next team?

Post by Christy42 »

Wobert wrote:
Sabotage! wrote:It looks like we get Nurgle preorders next week, which really caught me off guard. That was a very short time from preview to release. Pretty cool to be getting another team so shortly after Dark Elves is you ask me. Maybe there will be time for one more this year.
It was one team per quarter I think GW said. if so, then yeah I guess another one is due.

The question is . . . .what?
If I keep saying Necro I will eventually be right (or JT-Y will cancel the team to spite me- I do not expect this to happen:p)

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Nurgle up for preorder on Saturday. Hurray and ouch for my wallet. Though I'm wondering where the dice, cards, and pitch are? Is it just another delay, like the Chaos pitch?

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

No delays that I'm aware of.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

:D

EDIT: Yea, I just noticed from one of the pictures, it looks like the minis are standing on a Nurgle pitch. Sweet!

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

I do hope that the special ball rule will be a nurgling with foul appearance skill!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

BoLS has a preview of the new Nurgle big guy. They aren't sure if it is a GW plastic or Forgeworld resin model.

A suitably disgusting centrepiece, the saggy moobs certainly add to the foul appearance, though not sure about the tents on his head as they don't appear long enough to ensnare multiple opponents. It would be easy enough to add some more tents to his head or in place of his left arm though and GW have released plenty of Nurgle models lately to cannibalise bits from.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is GW plastic - but given the minotaur is and the second troll will be resin I think the odds are on it being Forgeworld

....but I have to say I like it a lot!

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Undead. Got to be.

Clearly going to be Amazons or something.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s going to be Wood Elves. Unless I’m wrong, it’s the only race left from the Death Zone books with no models yet.

With that said, if my guessing resembles my tournament record then there’s little chance it’s Wood Elves. LOL

Winning... it beats losing.
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

We also have High Elves from DZ1 to go with the Wood Elves. I am just not sure that we will have so much Elf release. BUT I was wrong before when J-TY sold me a dummy with the whole redoing in plastic thing earlier in this thread. So my vote is Wood Elves (partly to stop people going out and getting them from 3rd parties because they are waiting so long for what is the most successful team in the game, and many people like to win)

I think we may actually, some time next year, get a DZ3 with some more league rules and a collection of teams. That would be a perfect opportunity to do a drop of undead teams in one go with their specialized rules. Then they can come back and take more money from me with a follow up Spike! for each team as well at that point (for which I will not complain).

I am a pro "fun" guy.
garion

Post by garion »

I'm really hoping its a double issue, Woof Elf and Halfling.

would make sense as a tree model will cover both teams, and I'm not sure how well a flings mag would sell on its own.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

garion wrote:I'm really hoping its a double issue, Woof Elf and Halfling.

would make sense as a tree model will cover both teams, and I'm not sure how well a flings mag would sell on its own.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it sold well. People love ‘Flings. The fluff would be funny and the Star Players would interest a lot of people, including myself.

I haven’t seen the third Spike! yet, but I’ve liked the other two so I’m sure it won’t disappoint. So far, (and I’m no GW fanboy), everything new that GW has put out for Blood Bowl has been cool. I’m eager to see what’s in store for the future.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Blood_Bowl_Chainsaw_Halfling.jpg
GW seems to be giving out more chainsaws to teams. I like this and hope the Halflings get a chainsaw. I have the perfect mini for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Stout Youngblood wrote:
Blood_Bowl_Chainsaw_Halfling.jpg
GW seems to be giving out more chainsaws to teams. I like this and hope the Halflings get a chainsaw. I have the perfect mini for it.

I approve of this. :-)

garion

Post by garion »

I was just looking over the star players again and I noticed we still have zero for Khemri, Necromantic and Undead.

I'm really hoping we get a nice release for halloween with a Spike dedicated to Necromantic and Undead.