Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Next team?

Post by Christy42 »

JT-Y wrote:Nurgle will have access to 10 Stars, so you can probably do the maths.

I have to point out because I am a pedant that the team roster contains a Rotspawn rather than a Beast of Nurgle. The BoN is a demonic entity that doesn't really loan itself to playing football alongside a team of mortals. Part of what we want to do with this edition is go back and change some names that feel wrong, to better reflect the lore and the game rather than the model range as it stood some years ago.
I hope that makes sense. I know I feel better for seeing BB stuff named as it should be named.

I agree. Granted I still end up saying Stormvermin or some such occasionally. I do at least have the courtesy to wince at myself when I do it.

Reason: ''
Sabotage!
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sabotage! »

I bet that Necromunda Sump Croc (not sure if it's out yet) would be an excellent starting point for a Rotspawn conversion, tool it up with some Blightking (that one tentacle/insectile arm in particular would make for cool tentacles) and other Nurgle bits and it could be really awesome looking.

Since we were having some fun with the guessing game, and most of our ideas were totally off, what are everyone's predictions for the next team after Nurgle? I really have no idea....I thought I may have been on to something, but It turns out I was way out in the fields :lol: .

I'd personally love to see some teams that have minis with no parallels in the GW range. I'm pretty decent at kitbashing, but I haven't been able to come up with anything decent for a werewolf or mummy from the GW range.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

JT-Y wrote:I have to point out because I am a pedant that the team roster contains a Rotspawn rather than a Beast of Nurgle. The BoN is a demonic entity that doesn't really loan itself to playing football alongside a team of mortals. Part of what we want to do with this edition is go back and change some names that feel wrong, to better reflect the lore and the game rather than the model range as it stood some years ago.
I hope that makes sense. I know I feel better for seeing BB stuff named as it should be named.
I had to smile at this one a bit. All I ever played of GW games is Blood Bowl and I really dove into that, indulging in the fluff. I have absolutly no clue about other GW lore. So to me, the Beast of Nurgle is the big guy on a Nurgle team :D
But I understand that I am probably the minority here and also, more importantly, I think it good, that this game is getting the love it derserves once again. If that also includes some renaming, then it is more than fine by me!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

JT-Y wrote:Nurgle will have access to 10 Stars, so you can probably do the maths.

I have to point out because I am a pedant that the team roster contains a Rotspawn rather than a Beast of Nurgle. The BoN is a demonic entity that doesn't really loan itself to playing football alongside a team of mortals. Part of what we want to do with this edition is go back and change some names that feel wrong, to better reflect the lore and the game rather than the model range as it stood some years ago.
I am a bit of a traditionalist but it makes a lot of sense.
Also the names you are coming up with are pretty neat.
"Halfling hopefuls" is awesome.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Saebelsultan wrote:
JT-Y wrote:I have to point out because I am a pedant that the team roster contains a Rotspawn rather than a Beast of Nurgle. The BoN is a demonic entity that doesn't really loan itself to playing football alongside a team of mortals. Part of what we want to do with this edition is go back and change some names that feel wrong, to better reflect the lore and the game rather than the model range as it stood some years ago.
I had to smile at this one a bit. All I ever played of GW games is Blood Bowl and I really dove into that, indulging in the fluff. I have absolutly no clue about other GW lore. So to me, the Beast of Nurgle is the big guy on a Nurgle team :D
But I understand that I am probably the minority here and also, more importantly, I think it good, that this game is getting the love it derserves once again. If that also includes some renaming, then it is more than fine by me!
Yea, same here. For years I didn't really know what a "Beast of Nurgle" looked like. Then I saw what some people were using minis-wise, but still no 'official' mini for Blood Bowl. I kind of liked the the beastly looking thing from the computer game, and that has sort of stuck in my mind as what it should look like now. But I hope there will at least be a pic of a rotspawn in the Spike Journal. I found this thing on GW's site, but I'm guessing it is way too big with it's 100mm base:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ro ... Rotspawned

As long as I can figure out what's close enough, I can likely convert something from there. I think anything with a decent amount of tentacles and not too humanoid looking would be a good enough proxy for me.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Essentially, any type of spawn is a champion that has been blessed by so many gifts and mutations that they lose their .mind and their phisical form becomes wholly chaotic.and ever mutating.
So yes, I think you're onto a good starting point Faust.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Although having played WHFB from the 90s to 2000s I have no memory of seeing The Beast of Nurgle or Rotspawn or from any other source . So in my imagination it appears as a dome shaped creature with randomly placed tentacles and covered in pulsating veins. It has a single eye on a stalk that comes up vertically at the top. This imagined creature might have come from an episode of Red Dwarf though....

My green stuff skills are probably about sufficient to make this creature, that it a misshappen blob.

Correct names? They will always be Phoenix warriors, Dragon warriors and Lion Warriors to me.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

This is the current model
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Be ... urgle-2018

There have been at least two other variants prior one more of a big worm thing and one similar to this with tentacles.

But a simple Chaos Spawn would probably be a good option
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Spawn-2016

That kit is just awesome to work with if you are doing converting work on a chaos team.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Mystic Force wrote: Correct names? They will always be Phoenix warriors, Dragon warriors and Lion Warriors to me.
Yeah, plenty of us are stuck in our ways. I still refer to norse players as Snow Trolls and Ulfwereners rather than the new names.

Keep finding it difficult to navigate the AoS part of GW site as the new names are so hard to remember.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

spubbbba wrote:
Mystic Force wrote: Correct names? They will always be Phoenix warriors, Dragon warriors and Lion Warriors to me.
Yeah, plenty of us are stuck in our ways. I still refer to norse players as Snow Trolls and Ulfwereners rather than the new names.

Keep finding it difficult to navigate the AoS part of GW site as the new names are so hard to remember.

Wait what are the new names for Norse? I didn't they had reprinted rules for them yet.

AOS has its issues with weird names but I don't think High Elf catcher is that bad. It is fairly descriptive to be able to map back to your version (can't actually remember which is which off hand). If they expect us to refer to them as Aelfs or whatever name then I will stop moving on with the names. Otherwise noting blocker or catcher in a positions name makes sense for me.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Interesting, so the new Beast of Nurgle model (which I now recall seeing before), looks more like a "Beast of Nurgle" to me than the Rotspawn. It's also on a smaller base. I guess I'll see if any of the stats have changed, journal pics look like, and/or whether a ForgeWorld model is released. Then it's either $ or green stuff to the rescue.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Christy42 wrote: Wait what are the new names for Norse? I didn't they had reprinted rules for them yet.
I believe it was lrb5 that had Snow Trolls and Ulfwereners, but it was changed to Yheti and Norse Werewolf in crp. It may well change again in the new rules once Norse get their own Spike mag and models.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Sabotage!
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sabotage! »

It looks like we get Nurgle preorders next week, which really caught me off guard. That was a very short time from preview to release. Pretty cool to be getting another team so shortly after Dark Elves is you ask me. Maybe there will be time for one more this year.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Oh man, I finished buying the Dark Elves, but am still trying to get caught up with the last Necromunda release.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Sabotage! wrote:It looks like we get Nurgle preorders next week, which really caught me off guard. That was a very short time from preview to release. Pretty cool to be getting another team so shortly after Dark Elves is you ask me. Maybe there will be time for one more this year.
It was one team per quarter I think GW said. if so, then yeah I guess another one is due.

The question is . . . .what?