Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Post by plasmoid »

DoubleSkulls wrote:
Juriel wrote:Amazons are a bashy team.
Today they are. That doesn't mean they need to be.
In all fairness then, we should just rename them Girl Team.
Because the amazons are bashy - ball crunchingly, throat slittingly so.
IMO

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

dode74 wrote:4 blodging shadowers all with MA7 will really hurt a slower team, especially with sidestep.

No comments on this one? viewtopic.php?p=629692#p629692

Notice they do not have dodge, so thats 2 skills to get to that point. Also notice that the S spot does not have block or dodge. This proposed team will take quite a long time to spam with Blodgers unless you dont take positionals that is.

The quoted roster is bleh just like what is out there now. All dodge is just boring. The team should go down the path that Norse did and add some neat flavor positionals.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

2 skills to blodge is nothing really. MA7 shadowing on 4 players is going to cause a lot of turnovers anyway, but after you add blodge and SS it will become a proper pain.

So the blocker and the runner aren't flavour positionals? Also, I removed dodge from linewomen, so it's not "all dodge" and there is some variation in stats (5338 and 7337) as well as grab.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

dode74 wrote:2 skills to blodge is nothing really. MA7 shadowing on 4 players is going to cause a lot of turnovers anyway, but after you add blodge and SS it will become a proper pain.

So the blocker and the runner aren't flavour positionals? Also, I removed dodge from linewomen, so it's not "all dodge" and there is some variation in stats (5338 and 7337) as well as grab.

3 skill ups would be 7337 Blodge, Shadow, SS

That is very powerful, but no team really has that right now. I think it would be pretty cool. Since there is no blitzer position on the roster, there will be far less guard. The Huntress has a nega-trait and is super expensive. I want that positional to be right on the cusp of "worth it for the price" just like Flesh Golems. There are a lot of interesting starting builds for this roster. No Block or Wrestle should drastically lower their affectiveness as a rookie team. No Pass or Catch will also push this team towards running as most people see zons.

I enjoy team designs that limit your starting roster so that you dont get all of your positionals without sacrificing rrs. Your suggested roster allows you to have the perfect positional setup right from the get go.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Glamdryn wrote:
dode74 wrote:2 skills to blodge is nothing really. MA7 shadowing on 4 players is going to cause a lot of turnovers anyway, but after you add blodge and SS it will become a proper pain.

3 skill ups would be 7337 Blodge, Shadow, SS

That is very powerful, but no team really has that right now. I think it would be pretty cool. Since there is no blitzer position on the roster, there will be far less guard. The Huntress has a nega-trait and is super expensive. I want that positional to be right on the cusp of "worth it for the price" just like Flesh Golems. There are a lot of interesting starting builds for this roster. No Block or Wrestle should drastically lower their affectiveness as a rookie team. No Pass or Catch will also push this team towards running as most people see zons.
It's the mass shadowing at the start. This will cause all sorts of problems for any team of MA6/AG3 or lower:
Your suggested roster allows you to have the perfect positional setup right from the get go.
Easily fixed:

Code: Select all

0-16 Linewoman 6337 Fend                 GA   50k
0-2  Thrower   6337 Dodge Pass           GPA  60k
0-2  Blitzers  6337 Dodge Wrestle        GSA  80k
0-2  Blockers  5338 Dodge Grab Block      GS  110K 
0-2  Runners   7337 Dodge Sidestep      GA   90k
RR 60k

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

dode74 wrote:4 blodging shadowers all with MA7 will really hurt a slower team, especially with sidestep.

No comments on this one? viewtopic.php?p=629692#p629692
Well, its not the path I would go down? :)
And note to all those that think anything other than throat slitting is un amazon were they not renouned as archers? Seems to fit passing more...

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I could never go for a team with jaguar riders. Sorry.

That being said, I don't think the shadowing is a problem. Needing 3 skill-ups to be mildly annoying is hardly a thread. Or to put it another way: A Dark Elf team has 6 players that with 3 skill-ups could be blodge, SS, shadowing (MA7). Somehow nobody has ever bothered with that. Ever.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

They don't start with it, Martin. It's marginal on its own but increases in effectiveness the more you have.

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Glamdryn wrote:All dodge is just boring. The team should go down the path that Norse did and add some neat flavor positionals.
This.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Harder for Amazons thouh as there aren't the same myths. Indeed the actual Amazon myth is Greek but of course most put them in Jungles due to the word Amazon being associated with rainforest. An effective throwing game would be a neat change from regular human teams. Then you need a lower power base and better development options, or at least a fast regen of capablity and the ability to beat developed teams so TV dsparity isn't a problem.

The regular human team is already a running team, why crowd them out more with an Amazon running team?

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

I'd rather like to see AV8 + Fend positional pieces (they brought a shield?) providing positioning than relying on Dodge to do that.
And the team needs speed, because they get out-muscled easy.
They need to have 2 AG4 players if you want to make a difference to human passing/running game.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yeah I know the Ag4 route is the easist. Gives better development as well. But it does seem to detract from the whole human = ag3 thing. Plus a speedy low armoured ag4 player has been done by elves and skaven.
Does it really need Ag4 or can you use diving catch and HMP to make up for that?

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Chris wrote:Does it really need Ag4 or can you use diving catch and HMP to make up for that?
HMP is a desperation tool, not a plan. If you want to be different from humans in passing, you need to use AG4.

Also, Amazon problem is already how they fare in the long term. Just stacking them with skills does not help with that.

It is the rare team that has AG4 and AG3 players both. Skaven and Vamps. Adding one more should be unique enough.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well and Slann :)

Combined with diving catch it is less of a desperate move.

What would you suggest team wise then?

Something like
0-2 Catcher 8/2/4/7 Dodge, Catch GA
0-2 Thrower 6/3/3/7 Sure Hands, Pass GAP
0-4 Blitzer 7/3/3/7 Dodge, Block GAS
0-16 Line 6/3/3/7 GA

Does that not just look like a weaker Skaven team? Maybe ag4 throwers? But would doing the below just make it a running team? (Would reflect the mythos a bit, could cut off one breast as well.)
0-4 Catcher 8/2/3/7 Dodge, Catch, Diving Catch GA
0-2 Thrower 6/3/4/7 Sure Hands, Pass GAP
0-16 Line 6/3/3/7 GA

Course if you wanted to be really wierd you could have something like
0-4 Catcher 8/2/4/7 Dodge, Catch GA
0-16 Line 6/3/3/7 Pass GAP
That would present a constant passing threat!

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

They're not Skaven-lite if you don't make them that fast, or that weak. So 7347 stats, it looks like. You know, THE AVERAGE ELF.

There's just no getting past the fact that passing is so much less safe than just handing things off.