Skill Idea Archive: Physical

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Skill Idea Archive: Physical

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
inspired by the "is it time for some new skills?" thread in general chat, I thought it would be great fun to hear what kind of crazy ideas for new skills you've got! I'm starting a thread for each skill category.

These threads are not meant for discussion, (we can do that later), but simply as an archive of ideas.
So: If you've got any good ideas, or if your league is already using a homemade skill, this is the place to share it with everyone else. :D

1 skill per post please :)
Martin

Reason: ''
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

"Strong Mind" As used in our legue, undead don't regenerate they have thais instead. The Player is immune to the stun result. It may prove to be too powerful, if it is, we'll make it like thick skull (50/50).

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Obese: ST+1, Thick Skull, Mv-1, Ag-1

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

From the MBBL2:

Mace Tail - A player with this skill has grown a long, powerful tail covered with lumps and spikes which he can use to attack opponents, if he takes the time to size him up. During his turn, a player with this skill who has not moved may attack an opponent instead of throwing a block at an adjacent opponent. Both coaches roll a D6 and add their player's agility. If the score for the player with Mace Tail is higher, the opponent has been knocked down in the square he was standing (armour roll is made with a -1 modifier and any injury roll is made at +1.)
PBeM rule change: Instead of both coaches rolling a D6, the coach with Mace Tail will succeed with using this skill if he rolls equal to or greater than (4 + opposing player's Agility - Mace Tail player's Agility).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

Teleport: Roll a D6. On a 2+ The player may teleport to any unoccupied square up to 3 squares away, at the cost of all of his MA. This counts as his entire action for the turn and he may not do anything else. (IE this can only be used as a Move action. No blitz or pass)
On the roll of a 1 the player has misjudged his teleportation and ended up somewhere he didn't intend to be. The opposing coach may choose what square to place him in. (Any unoccupied square up to 3 squares away frm=om his original square.)

Dark Lord (retired)

Vomit Attack:
Once per turn the player may take a Vomit action. He choses one player in his tackle zone. That player must roll under his AG to avoid the attack. If he avoids the attack the attacking player must also roll under his AG to avoid his own vomit. If either player fails make an armor roll for him as normal.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Teleport sounds kinda llike the 2ed mutation, anyway I think a failure should result in a random placement (using scatter template), if teleports into occupied square then both roll for injury.

Make an armour roll for a vomit attack?? That's pretty hard vomit. I would say a failure results in being prone (but no AV roll).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Dark Lord (retired)

Shhhh!
Don't discuss them or Thads will come along and erase all of my ideas again.

I avoided the random placement thing because it could result in out of bounds and it could also result in a situation where the players tries to fail the roll.
IE he's blocked in and all three end zones squares he could teleport to are occupied. He could try to fail and then hope he gets a lucky bounce. I know it's unlikely but if it did happen (and it would all too much knowing Nuffle's fickle ass) the player would not only get free of the square he was teleporting to escape but he might take out an opponent too. Too good for a failed roll.
If the opponing coach moves him then he might end up in a worse predicament than he ws in before.

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

LEPER : player’s AV and ST decrease by 1 ;add +1 to any injury roll made ;player’s aspect is so disgusting that opponent will refuse to block on 1,2 ,3 on a d6
amplified Foul Appearance, sort of...

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

I don't know if this is the place, but I think four armers should get to reroll one block dice of choice when they make a block. In addition to catching at +1, that is.
I know the debate about the "worthless" mutations have rolled back and forth for a while, but in case no-one ever came up with this idea, then it's been given word now...

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Seperate the physical categories into physical traits and skills - with access to the skills still restricted only to players with physical access in the first place.

Skills that no one currently takes, but would be balanced and fine as a skill choice would be:

Extra Arms, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull, Two Heads, (Horns?)

The following would remain as traits:

Big Hand, Claw, Foul Appearance, RSC, Spikes, Tentacles, Very Long Legs.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

Spikes would be okay as a Strength trait though IMO.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Sgt_Colon
Rookie
Rookie

Shaggy Fur?

Post by Sgt_Colon »

This is probably completly in the wrong place but...

How about some new racial characteristics (for all the races where it is applicable). Where depending on the climate a particular team is used to it negates the adverse affects of the weather table. i.e. Norse Teams "Animal skins" negates "blizzard". Or Amazon Teams "Rainforest Dwellers" negates "Pouring rain" etc...

I know the two teams that came to mind first probably don't need an extra advantage but I'm sure this could be useful for some teams and could be interesting to change the tide of a match with the weather.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

AFAIK,
the Norse team had a weather condition when it was first introduced in CJ.
My league has had some more of these.
We've removed them all!
Having the match decided by the weather feels really feeble. Trust me, I've tried it.
Martin :)

Sgt_Colon
Rookie
Rookie

Hmmm, good point

Post by Sgt_Colon »

Yeah I guess if it really was literally decided by the weather that would suck, but maybe it could work more like a home advantage thing....

With home games and away games teams could gain or lose advantages due to the weather. The match could start under conditions of the home team regardless (could change later as normal). To kinda represent a type of home advantage. Some teams could be even more affected i.e. the scantily clad amazons facing the norse at home! where most teams would come under "temperate" i.e. ideal blood bowl weather. And they would not gain or lose an advantage as much... In order to work properly I think a bit of a re work of the weather table would be required, but I think it's a nice idea adds to the fluff and random element of BB (would agree though that im not sure BB would benefit from becoming too much more random!).

Cheers.