Announcing the NAF World Cup 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bevan »

Darkson wrote:2 days only though (I thought it was 3?), and a note saying GW reserve the right to change the details at any time. :roll:
That lets me out then, I'm not travelling halfway round the world and back for a 2 day event. :cry:

Reason: ''
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

no words from the so called organisators?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

To be fair, I've just noticed that the WD page only lists weekend dates, so it might be a 3 or 4 day event, and just not show the Friday/Monday.

But as Longshot says, we need to hear something from the NAF guys.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

As you wish, my friends Simon and Yohann:

We can at last announce the following details for the first ever NAF World Cup.

The 2007 NAF World Cup will be held in the Warhammer World at the Games-Workshop World Headquarters in Nottingham, UK.

The dates for the THREE day event are October 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007.

There will be a TEAM competition following similar guidelines as have been used for the 2006 Eurobowl competition, and an OPEN Individual tournament held concurrent with the team event. Still in discussion is an OPEN TEAM tournament for those who may wish to form multinational teams and compete against other such allied teams. Also in discussion is the possibility of conducting side tournaments for other Blood Bowl variants such as StreetBowl, BB7s, etc.

This year's Eurobowl winning nation will serve as honorary host to the event and will remain as the host for the 2008 Eurobowl.

We will be announcing special hotel and hostel rates for several hotels near to the event location - we had hoped to have this completed before the announcement, however the advertisement in this month's UK White Dwarf was unexpected, so we thought it best to distribute what firm information we had at this time.

Games-Workshop has DONATED the use of the Hall for this event; lunch and dinner will be included in the ticket price for the World Cup tournaments. We are just now meeting with the GW-Event Planning staff to determine menus and number of coaches; the tickets for this event will go on sale in the Spring/early Summer of 2007.

There will be a SPECIAL EDITION miniature given out EACH ROUND of EACH TOURNAMENT as well as many other special gifts and prizes.

There will be a coaches' meet and greet on the Thursday night before the tournament, opening and closing ceremonies with lots of fun and surprises in store, and lots of impromptu madness to boot.

This will be a complete celebration of the game we play and the friendships and good times that have come to be such an important part of a BloodBowl tournament. I personally thank all the membership for their patience and understanding as the World Cup has moved from possibility to fact. Now that we are confident of a venue, we will put much of the discussion of what to include and how to proceed in front of the membership to hear all possible views and consider the best way to proceed.

I encourage all members of the Blood Bowl community to rally and support this event - we have asked for, and been given, the opportunity to showcase our talents as organizers, players, and sportsmen. I expect nothing less than an outstanding weekend of fun and fellowship, surrounding a few hotly contested games of brilliant Blood Bowl.

I look forward to seeing EVERYONE in Nottingham in October 2007!

Jim Lanier
NAF Treasurer

for

James Woods
NAF President

Speak TRUTH to power.
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

I'm definatly up for the individual event at this and if I can't get in as a player I would be more than happy to donate my services as a ref for the event

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right, now I've got firm dates, it's off to work to book some holiday.
Thursday to Tuesday I reckon. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Great game on!

Jim and co. As we live and work near by, if yoiu need any help please let us know.

We will be there and playing, regardless of what event/side event etc

I & H

Word to Your Mother.
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Darkson wrote:Right, now I've got firm dates, it's off to work to book some holiday.
Thursday to Tuesday I reckon. ;)

Damn Straight!!!

Soooo glad this event looks like it is coming together, fantastic stuff!!!!!!!!

Can't wait... 8)

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I hope this doesn't clash with the Crazy Golf world championships. I'll have a big dilema if it does!

(51st in this years world championships)

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

holiday is booked :D :D

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Is team size determined yet? If there is a decent individual tourney I would like that teams would be 6 men , it makes it more likely for the smaller and far-of countries to able to attend.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

Italy will be there!!! :wink:

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
driesfield
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by driesfield »

Team Belgian will definatly try to attend.
Since several coaches have expressed interest after last years performance. Maybe for the first time in history Belgium will have a team full of Belgians?
D

Scourge of Lizardmen! and Sjapie!
I'll never be your Beast of Nurgle.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Excellent news! This is without doubt going to be the biggest and best Blood Bowl tournament EVER. Great to see so much positive response - hopefully coaches from countries everywhere will get on board and give support :D

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

driesfield wrote:Team Belgian will definatly try to attend.
Since several coaches have expressed interest after last years performance. Maybe for the first time in history Belgium will have a team full of Belgians?
D
If not, you know whom to call. 8) :roll:

Great News indeed. Blood Bowl madness is the way I like my tournaments. :P

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/