Abstaining from ranking

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Abstaining from ranking

Post by Darkson »

Tojurub wrote:So if understood Simon correct, once he is not a NAF member anymore, he wants to have all his data, including game data deleted from the NAF database..
Nope, you've misunderstood.

Once I'm no longer a NAF member I don't wish the NAF to continue to record my games I play after that point.
Tojurub wrote:The question is: is the hatred of Khorne worth all that hassle?
Yes, and don't forget hatred of Bretonnians as well.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gaixo wrote:
Darkson wrote:How is someone that lets their "active membership" run out picking and choosing their NAF tournaments? If your membership runs out, then you're no longer a member.
That's not what I said. The situation that was discussed by the committee is one in which an active member didn't want certain games ranked. So you've been bringing up an entirely different issue, I think.
I said, as I non-member, I didn't want my games going forward to be recorded, to which Sann posted the above.
So who has got it wrong? If the policy Sann posted above is only for NAF members, then it's not a problem, and Sann is incorrect.

I would say that it's concerning that the committee has 'sat down' and discussed a policy change when they don't even understand what they're discussing, but then we had the same thing with the B&K vote. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Active v non active has never been an issue regarding recording games.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Incorrect, as I played a couple of non-active NAF members in the past and the games didn't count, and I know others have.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Awesome. Now you're telling me how the naf database works.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right, so I'll be a non-NAF member, therefore my games won't be ranked and the link you posted above is null and void because that's for active members, as per Gaxio - you can't have it both ways.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

As I said, we'll need to put a "retirement" option together, meaning that you're asking for the account to be permanently closed/deactivated. Shouldn't be a problem. But this won't become the default for every expired account.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

I say just bin him from the database completely. He clearly wants nothing to do with the NAF so why should the NAF act as an online depository for something he doesn’t really care about.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Darkson wrote:
Tojurub wrote:So if understood Simon correct, once he is not a NAF member anymore, he wants to have all his data, including game data deleted from the NAF database..
Nope, you've misunderstood.

Once I'm no longer a NAF member I don't wish the NAF to continue to record my games I play after that point.
Well, just tell the TO that you are not a NAF member, don't give them your NAF member and that's it. The NAF can't be put liable for the stuff TOs submit. If you find out that TO has entered data of your when reporting tourney results, then ask him to have it corrected. The TD can correct wrong inputs.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

No Torsten, that goes against NAF policy. We would not recommend people to be dishonest, I don't think, in the same way as we would ask people not to make multiple accounts, but can't stop them.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Tojurub wrote:Well, just tell the TO that you are not a NAF member, don't give them your NAF member and that's it.
Which is what I did, until Sann stepped in with his (seemingly) incorrect interpretation of the new NAF policy.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

sann0638 wrote:No Torsten, that goes against NAF policy. We would not recommend people to be dishonest, I don't think, in the same way as we would ask people not to make multiple accounts, but can't stop them.
Interesting. I must have missed the past tense in that sentence in the public meeting minutes. I honestly thought we were talking about current members. Sorry, my fault. Guess we will take that up in the next committee meeting

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Apologies for the misunderstanding Torsten. There has never been a distinction between active and non active when results are recorded. Once you have a NAF name and number you have the right to have your results recorded forever.

No one has ever (I believe) asked for their results not to be recorded ever again, so this is a new situation that the NAF committee are having to deal with. Personally (not that I have a vote any more) I think that this would mean that said person would never have their results recorded ever again (or for a fixed period), otherwise it is the same as abstaining from a particular tournament, which is the situation the committee decided against.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

This really bums me out, but i think I might permanently ask to be removed too. In the past, I asked to be removed only when the rankings weren't being calculated appropriately, ie. treating Stunty Lizard teams as Lizardmen, or when tournaments with differing tiers weren't reporting the TV properly.

I'll need to chew this one over. But it's either dropping out of NAF altogether, or only attending events that do things right. Horrible decision, for me.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

So finally the NAF get some balls...

If I'm reading this right, NAF sanctioned tournaments now exclude anyone who is not a member?

:lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.