Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in 2018

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Guess which models GW will be releasing in 2018 (you can choose more than one)

Poll ended at Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Amazon
3%
Brettonian
1%
Chaos Chosen
8%
Chaos Dwarf
No votes
Daemons of Khorne
No votes
Dark Elf
7%
Halfling
6%
High Elf
6%
Khemri Tomb Kings
3%
Kislev
1%
Lizardman
7%
Necromantic Horror
9%
Norse
4%
Nurgle
23%
Ogre
1%
Shambling Undead
9%
Simyin
1%
Slann
1%
Vampire
1%
Wood Elf
10%

Total votes: 160

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in

Post by rolo »

"Nurgle catcher" might be Guffle Pusmaw.

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

TheAzman wrote:Holy Christ..... it’s concept art people!!!! It’s not the final sculpt/name or anything. They could draw a bunch of Dwarfs that look awesome and call them “Dwarf Nancies” or “Dwarf Catchers” and people would lose their shit. The amount of nerd is overwhelming sometimes.....
I am aware, I'm just trying to point out that these Nurgle concepts (unlike the others, especially the human one) are pretty far away from the route taken for the 2016 rerelease. They appear to have been made in a very different state of development when major roster changes were possibly still on the table. We know that some of these concepts have been developed further with the new star player for example, but there is a lot missing here. We don't know if any Pestigors or Rotters have been in development at all, and those can't just be derivative designs (like the human players, where the Blitzer concept set the mood for all of the players with a lot of common elements). Without them you can't have a Nurgle team as printed in the rereleased rules.

Of course this concept may very well have been developed further and we sure haven't seen all availiable concept art, but this state of concept is not really an indication that something is far in development or even due for a release.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

It's tough tracking down anything as specific as "Blood Bowl Troll" on that Warhammer Community site. But I guess it was just a picture in a blurb. I wonder if there have been any changes to that miniature since, or if they have kept it the same?

I had forgotten that the Human Booster pic was leaked too.

Interesting that they will be releasing Underworld Denizens and Chaos Renegades dice. Too bad they couldn't include their tokens as part of that package. Those are just too spendy on Forgeworld.

nyahoi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nyahoi »

Babs wrote:We _do_ know the next release is Nurgle
With respect, the concept art doesn't at all prove that we know the next release is Nurgle. Only that the team was (and hopefully still is) in the process of being developed.
TheAzman wrote:Holy Christ..... it’s concept art people!!!! It’s not the final sculpt/name or anything.
I've a feeling it wouldn't have been allowed for public viewing unless it had been signed off on though. I don't think it's a coincidence that all other concept art has been almost identical to the final miniatures. Far better for them to keep anything else in their back pocket for potential later use.

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Nyahoi wrote:
I don't think it's a coincidence that all other concept art has been almost identical to the final miniatures.
Thank you. The obvious exception is Morg N Thorg, which I think the concept was considerably better (although I know JT-Y disagrees and is subjective.)

Deathrain, before I continue to build my case, please do a simple search at these places to look at all the concept art, as it is clear you are not aware of the complete range of concept art that was on display at Warhammer Fest at the time of the Blood Bowl release.
e.g. Image

I recommend looking here as a start point: https://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com.a ... -bowl.html

And you will need to be prepared to scroll through 12 pages of forum, but:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/s ... cture-Show

Excuse me if I sound patronising, but before commencing an argument it is worth being informed.

Oh, and Rolo,
"Nurgle catcher" might be Guffle Pusmaw.
"Might be" = IS.

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

I still don't see anything close to Pestigors and Rotters. All that's pointing towards Nurgle being an imminent release is one guy saying that they will be and we don't know wether that's just his extrapolation from the concept art existing (likely) or from some panel.

Sure there could already be/have been some of the missing positionals in development, but unless you have a deeper insight into GWs workings you can't know wether that is the case.

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Deathrain,

There are, additionally, other evidences. I will leave you to consider listening to Andy Hoare when he is on Warhammer TV as one possibility to be informed. :-?

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Babs wrote:And I forgot to add:

The sad part about this is that it doesn't even complete the team. You would have to buy two of the damn thing!

Seems like GW/FW have a rule saying "previous booster packs had 4 players, therefore new booster packs can only have 4 players" and "a booster pack must include 1 new thrower" allthough nobody would want 2 alternative sculpts for Human thrower at the cost of losing a catcher. It's just dumb. Toss the thrower, give us another catcher and complete the team! Same issue will apply to orcs (if we ever get it).

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

Babs wrote:Deathrain,

There are, additionally, other evidences. I will leave you to consider listening to Andy Hoare when he is on Warhammer TV as one possibility to be informed. :-?
That's great, the Bloater type concepts they have look cool and I'd love to see them developed into miniatures (and I'm sure the Pestigors and Rotters will be on par), but why don't you post those quotes instead of early stage sketching work as evidence for the Nurgle being incoming soon? And sorry, but I don't have the time to track down the tiny moments of BB content on WHTV when their live (Twitch really not being my thing), and I sure won't buy in to get that information. Is there a thread around here that does summaries of these live sessions, though? Seems like it would be cool to collect that information in one place for the community to access without WHTV nonsense.

det
Rookie
Rookie

Post by det »

Baxx wrote:
Babs wrote:And I forgot to add:

The sad part about this is that it doesn't even complete the team. You would have to buy two of the damn thing!

Seems like GW/FW have a rule saying "previous booster packs had 4 players, therefore new booster packs can only have 4 players" and "a booster pack must include 1 new thrower" allthough nobody would want 2 alternative sculpts for Human thrower at the cost of losing a catcher. It's just dumb. Toss the thrower, give us another catcher and complete the team! Same issue will apply to orcs (if we ever get it).
I'm really with you on this one. I just can't phatom why they are including the thrower...it's just...dumb!

The Yak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Yak »

Babs wrote:And purple glow in the dark dice:
Are those converted Chaos Pact players or is this a peak at a forgeworld upgrade set? Would make sense as they have the option to change chest, pads and heads as they did with the Bright Crusaders. I've not seen this photo before, my blood bowl rumour hunting skills must have let me down. The purple glow in the dark dice are inspired. Turn the lights off for a mid game "oooohhhh look at them shine" moment and sneak a quick gobbo on to the pitch as you do it.

Looking forward to whatever is next. I've been mightly impressed with the releases so far.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

That Renegades team is Andy's own, in the cabinet to show how easily converted such a thing is.

The purple dice that glow green might be my favourite thing ever. It's not like we need glow in the dark dice, but why would you not do them if you could ?! I didn't know I needed them until I saw them.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Babs wrote:Excuse me if I sound patronising, but before commencing an argument it is worth being informed.
Well, quite.

Babs - it is logical conclusion that the remaining concept art work seen will be made into miniatures and reasonable to assume that this might happen before other teams are released where you haven't seen concept artwork yet.

But to assume the next team is Nurgle is pure subjecture on your part.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

The teams in development are probably mostly chosen from expected sales. I guess there is also reason to think that any teams 3rd edition re-released this spring are probably not going to show up anytime soon.

While Nurgle probably is popular, I think they are the easiest conversion from the current Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 miniatures available. Release it as a blood bowl team might net Games workshop less money than many other races, due to the price of assembling and converting Sigmar figures is quite a lot more pricey than a blood bowl team.

I was thinking that Necromantic and lizardmen will be released. They do fail the 3rd edition release check though. Maybe we can look forward to actual new rosters and races?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

kyrre wrote:look forward to actual new rosters and races?
Interesting choice of words :lol:

I wouldn't mind, but I believe others might not be as favourable!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler