UKTC IV - winners: *THREE CHAMPS AND A CHUMP!!*

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: UKTC IV, York Jan 20/21 2018 - *RACE INFO DEADLINE 15.1.

Post by Pipey »

Pipey wrote:Thanks to captain Wulfyn for race submission for Team ECBBL.
Likewise Granite City Cutters. Cheers guys.

Brendan

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Races submitted.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Thanks

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

As much as I'm sure you've all missed me. Isn't anybody smack talking it up this year?

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I think we're all awaiting the draw. There will be plenty of Keegan-esq chat when the pairings drop, I'm sure. ;)

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

That's right...

Draw at: 21:00 GMT on Thursday January 18th 2018, that is 22:00 Central European Time

Drum roll...

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

I don't actually have a horse in this race this year.

That said, I do kinda still want to give team 'Whales' some shit, as I'm guessing they're not showing up as usual.

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Pipey wrote:That's right...

Draw at: 21:00 GMT on Thursday January 18th 2018, that is 22:00 Central European Time

Drum roll...
Are you streaming the draw live on Twitch, if not, you Grandads need to get with the future.

Or you can just ask the UKbbl for help on the how, cos they've been doing it for years?

Probably get about 30 views, but that doesn't stop it from being the future?

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

I'd also like to point out that any team turning up to this event having only ever played 'online', well, that's just not BB.

I demand that anybody who has ever played a single game on FUMBBL or Cyanide be struck from the books, only hardcore, true TT players, should be allowed to play in this event.

I demand the admins take more action, we need more rules. Ban everything, unless it's 11 vs 11, with only Human lino's allowed, it's not BB...

<cough>

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Jimjimanny is basically king in this argument.

One and only coach I've ever met who didn't have a Farming clue what online BB was, but consistently kicks the shit out of the rest of us who do.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Verbal_HM wrote:Jimjimanny is basically king in this argument.

One and only coach I've ever met who didn't have a Farming clue what online BB was, but consistently kicks the shit out of the rest of us who do.
Jim was #1 ranked coach on FUMBBL before they banned him for a misunderstanding and now he sulkily refuses to ask back in. :D

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

This whole thing would be improved if we all bought laptops and played the matches online from within the venue. Brendan could stream it and Schmee could stream Brendan. BB-ception.

Leon will have no involvement other than looking unimpressed.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

I still remember the days when Cyanide players were looked at as scum in the top levels.

Times have changed, we're not lepers any more. I'd like to think I had a hand in that. Truth is I'm a nobody who can probably never play BB in Europe ever again if my plans work around.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Next gripe, just for the fun of it.

I think the southerners should be limited in number of games played per year.

We should be actively reducing the number of open games any southerner should be able to play. It's not fair to us northerners, if they play 1000 games a year, and we only have access to 25. We need to ban southern players from playing the game. Equality of outcome is a perfect model? Push that... <ba'dum'tish>

Look at team Scotland? Nobby bollocks with the big mouth wont even see this stuff, living in Endinburk, they don't even have internet yet?

How is that fair? Playing all your games against the southern pansies. C'mon, it's obvious that the north/south divide is a thing when Scotland wins ever single game they ever play?

Well, team Antarctic wins everything, so obviously North is better than south.

Such a shame that you're all such a homophobic bunch of racists, bloody southerners.

Shame on you, SHAME!

<cough>

Garic, garlic, something french like that?

It's not like the French won this event last two years running, it's a safe bet to say the French always surrender....

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Just for the shit of it, I'm going to push equality of outcome....

I demand that every nation who attends this event that represents all 195 nations in this world gets a 1st place medal, on top of that I demand that every team who represents the full spectrum of 195, in a single 4 man team, well they, they win. 195/4 sounds ugly in my book.

Anyhow, I think the part we're driving at is that we should have some sort of international rivalry, but the person who wins is the country who has the most unilaterally accepted races and sexists.

In short, team world wins, so until we teach BB to an alien race. We just need to accept that PC police do actually suck donkey dick?

Admins, sorry. I'm really just in a bad mood, just blowing off steam.