Make foul great again

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Make foul great again

Post by hutchinsfairy »

How much effect does Argue the Call have? Surely that's a buff to fouling in itself since CRP.

Reason: ''
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

lunchmoney wrote: However my comments were not aimed at me and my league. You asked for a way to "balance the new referee rules". The ultimate way to "balance" them is to not use them. And as they are optional then not using them has no effect on the rest of the game.

You seem to want your cake and to eat it; using the new rules whilst at the same time not using the new rules.
Where did I ask for a way to "balance the referee rules"?

You got it wrong. I want to use the new rules whilst at the same time using the new rules. Nothing in this thread states anything like not wanting to use the new rules. Quite the contrary.

A fun fact, every single rule in this game is optional. In fact, the entire game is optional. The ultimate way to balance everything is not to play. Completely balanced.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Baxx wrote: Where did I ask for a way to "balance the referee rules"?
Literally your first post:
Baxx wrote: Any suggestion of balanced and fun rules to give foul a push?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

lunchmoney wrote:
Baxx wrote: Where did I ask for a way to "balance the referee rules"?
Literally your first post:
Baxx wrote: Any suggestion of balanced and fun rules to give foul a push?
The balance is for fouling. The referee rules don't need balancing.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

No one in our league liked the ref rules either. They didn't seem fully thought out.

That being said, we have a house rule of +1 to fouling if the fouler is not adjacent to an opponent's standing player.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

But he has to be adjacent to make a foul. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

Darkson wrote:But he has to be adjacent to make a foul. ;)
Edited ;)

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

How about allowing Sneaky Git player to ignore ejections on doubles rolled for Armor completely, not only in cases when it failed? So effectively lowering overall chances of ejection for them? Too powerful?

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Getting ejected on doubles is balanced enough.
My only problem with fouling is that it's not effective enough!

I would like to see a deafult +1 as many mentioned toghether with a injury cap. You cannot get more than BH.

The reasoning is not to kill of softer teams by the unsportmanslike foul :).

Sneaky Git would need to be more reliable.
Instead of its current definition(how many uses it really?) place an ejected sneaky git on the KO dugout and try to come in on 4+ each drive. What? To OP? then kill him block him or foul him. If you have a skill made for avoiding getting ejected then you should avoid getting ejected. And players with sneaky git(wich is an Agility atm) don't usualy are great fighters with high AV.

When it comes to the refs, it has been already said that they don't seem to be very well thought out.
Would need a complete overhaul there.

I played with a house rule a while back where a ref moved after both players turn afte a specific set of rules, different refs had different rules:
They all shared "Any fouls with in 3 squares are auto ejected"

The Fling ref had the following aditional rules:
- Each turn move 3 squares towards the ball.
- Within 3 squares of him, team RR are ony used on a 4+.(he brought his Special Made McMurty Burger to the field which distracts everyone(including Flings)).

The Norse ref:
- Each turn move 3 squares towards the strongest player on the field.
- Blitzes anyone that gets in the way.

The gobling ref
- Move to the nearest player that is lying down.
- Foul that player(ref cannot be ejected)

and so on.

/Afroman

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Sneaky Git could work like Claw does for Blocks and stack with DP.

For the amount of effort put in to making a Foul it does seem a little underpowered.

+1 per assist on ingury too seems ok. But maybe with a risk that they get sent to dug out for assisting on same double roll.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Afroman wrote: The Fling ref had the following aditional rules:
- Each turn move 3 squares towards the ball.
- Within 3 squares of him, team RR are ony used on a 4+.(he brought his Special Made McMurty Burger to the field which distracts everyone(including Flings)).

The Norse ref:
- Each turn move 3 squares towards the strongest player on the field.
- Blitzes anyone that gets in the way.

The gobling ref
- Move to the nearest player that is lying down.
- Foul that player(ref cannot be ejected)
I like your referee home rules, Afroman! With also possibly adding some ways to influence referee's behavior on the pitch and/or ability to substitute referee for another one more beneficial for your playstyle (like, by using a bribe etc), that may adds a whole new layer of interactions between coaches on the pitch. Though I believe certain former members of BBRC would actively object to anything making core mechanics more complex like that :D

Not sure about this, though:
Afroman wrote: What? To OP? then kill him block him or foul him. If you have a skill made for avoiding getting ejected then you should avoid getting ejected. And players with sneaky git(wich is an Agility atm) don't usualy are great fighters with high AV.
Agility is accessible to anyone in the game on double. So dwarf or khorne linemen can have it relatively easy, if they want. If you want it to work like a free way to evade ejection, then may be you should just make it like a free bribe you can use once per match, only for this one player, only to prevent ejection for fouling? If too powerful, then it could be a regular bribe roll with modifier, like, -1 or -2 to it; with a possible implication that in case this player will try to foul anybody again this match, he is ejected right away regardless of results (the foul still may succeed in hurting the victim) - as referee apparently has his eye on him now.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Mori-mori wrote: I like your referee home rules, Afroman! With also possibly adding some ways to influence referee's behavior on the pitch and/or ability to substitute referee for another one more beneficial for your playstyle (like, by using a bribe etc), that may adds a whole new layer of interactions between coaches on the pitch. Though I believe certain former members of BBRC would actively object to anything making core mechanics more complex like that :D
Thanks, there are some rules that help make them complete:
- Who ever wins the Get the ref gets to choose a new ref. If tie, no ref at all.
- refs dont ignore TZs for all purposes of dodge and assists.
- It's possible to block a ref but it's auto ejection regardless of the result.
Mori-mori wrote: Not sure about this, though:
Afroman wrote: What? To OP? then kill him block him or foul him. If you have a skill made for avoiding getting ejected then you should avoid getting ejected. And players with sneaky git(wich is an Agility atm) don't usualy are great fighters with high AV.
Agility is accessible to anyone in the game on double. So dwarf or khorne linemen can have it relatively easy, if they want. If you want it to work like a free way to evade ejection, then may be you should just make it like a free bribe you can use once per match, only for this one player, only to prevent ejection for fouling? If too powerful, then it could be a regular bribe roll with modifier, like, -1 or -2 to it; with a possible implication that in case this player will try to foul anybody again this match, he is ejected right away regardless of results (the foul still may succeed in hurting the victim) - as referee apparently has his eye on him now.
Everyone can take a Sneaky Git on a double. And if the khorne, dwarf or anyone else want to use a double on sneaky Git instead of dodge, leader, guard, or block be my guest. The average player can hope to get 2 skills. And most positionalt have a optimal combo(dorfs have guard,SF) sneaky git messes that up.