Vlad Knifeheart
36%

Total votes: 22

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Choosing the star player for AWM IV

Post by Wobert »

Well we’re a couple of months on from AWM III and vague thoughts are starting to be turned towards AWM IV. The key decision is which star player to use and the selection process is upon us again. Each year we choose a once existing but now forgotten star player who never had an official model made for them. When the new star is selected we have a model made and they are given to all attendees of the next AWM. To date we’ve had –

AWM I - Big Gunn Schonn – Human Catcher
AWM II - Ernald Spiritburner – Halfling
AWM III - The Mad Bomber – Skeleton Bombardier

As ever we turn to you, the great unwashed, to decide who will be the featured star for our next tournament. Each year you have voted to see who you want to see step back from the edge of obscurity. As with previous years we offer you a theme in the selection. Last year all of your choices carried secret weapons onto the pitch. This year . . . . . . well . . . . . . I was updating the stats and record books after AWM III and it occurred to me there were a number of races which have never been used at AWM. It only seemed reasonable that we pick one of those as our theme this year to ensure they get shown the light of day.

*Drum roll please* It is therefore with great pride I can reveal the theme for AWM IV will be – Vampires! *Fanfare*

In the table below are 3 vampires who all existed in various BB journals and other publications but have not made it into CRP or BB2016. I have tinkered with their stats slightly so as not to make them too good (Basically the Baron was too fast and Vlad too agile) but otherwise this is pretty much as they appear. As in previous tournaments they will switch sides at half time.

Baron Sengiro - M6, S4, A4, AV8 - Skills - Loner, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, Stand Firm, Catch, Blood Lust

Duke Darklight - M6, S4, A4, AV8 - Skills - Loner, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, Guard, Frenzy, Blood Lust

Vlad Knifeheart - M6, S4, A4, AV8 - Skills - Loner, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, Pass, Kick, Blood Lust

All the Vampires have blood lust and it seems a shame not to use it. Therefore, at AWM IV all of your players will be assumed to act like a thrall when the vampire voted for is on your team. That means they can and will bite any of your players if they feel thirsty (even skeletons before someone asks!). You didn’t think you’d be getting an agility 4 strength 4 player on the team with no draw-back did you?

Voting will be up for about a month and then we’ll announce a winner. The winner will be made so make your vote counts! Voting is open to the whole BB community, you don’t need to have been to Auld World Masters to have a vote (in fact this is your chance to stitch up people you’ve never met).

In other AWM News . . . . . .

I won’t go into the details here, but the injuries will change for AWM IV. The tournament rule set tends to favour bash teams and having so many players with a niggle on meant that some teams suffered a truly torrid time. Also, there just seemed to be too many different kinds of injuries as well which lead to some head scratching last time. AWM IV it will be a little more stream lined.

The sponsorship deals were a hit. They will be staying but will be tinkered with slightly. The points system at AWM III meant you got bonus points in each game for doing 3 or 5 TDs and Casualties and then the sponsorship deal gave an additional bonus for the same things on top. Sponsorship deals this time will be for different things yet to be determined such as . . . . . . . . KOs inflicted, fouls attempted . . . . . something like that.

We are definitely moving venues as well. I am 99% sure it will be at the location of the Chimera Cup (which is really just to test the place out).

All comments on any of the above welcome.

Reason: ''
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Choosing the star player for AWM IV

Post by cornish »

I've been chewing it through some more and maybe a AG4 player on every team is a little OP? So new skill; RAGING THIRST: The vamp goes for a nibble on a 1 or a 6?

NAF Name: Cornish
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I don't understand the problem.

But I will be using khemri.

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

A free S4, AG4 player is great. Like the idea of Raging Thirst though... or maybe a +1 to injuries for the Blood Lust?

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Oh yes Matt - "deep bite"!

NAF Name: Cornish
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Deep bite would ruin stunty teams . . . . . its a nice idea but most likely a no.

If we really need to do something because one S4 A4 players tips the balance of teams (and when you consider blood lust and loner I don't think it does overly) then I would be more inclined to go for the Garlic line. Some so-and-so has sprinkled the touchdown line with Garlic and so the Vampire can't cross it. He can carry the ball but will need to hand it off or pass it at some point.

Anyway . . . . I'm not convinced yet it needs any balance. Happy to take other opinions though!

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I love it. I also think the garlic rule is the best for balance - i may no longer take Khemri, though :D

Increasing the number of injuries makes stunty and 11 player teams worse. I think that would advantage bash again, which seems opposite to your aim? It's ll theory bowl. but bash tends to have more reserves?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Everyone has the same player? = Balance right there.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

nazgob wrote:I love it. I also think the garlic rule is the best for balance - i may no longer take Khemri, though :D

Increasing the number of injuries makes stunty and 11 player teams worse. I think that would advantage bash again, which seems opposite to your aim? It's ll theory bowl. but bash tends to have more reserves?
The plan is not to increase the number of injuries teams must carry. Instead its to stream line them and make it simpler.

There will also be fewer extra skills available too and it won't mean having to take Niggles but something else.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

The theme of the tournament is injuries and am I right in thinking that all previous stars have had some sort of stat bust? Can I suggest an agility bust for this guy? Think that would satisfy concerns about his power.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

1 vote in it . . . . .technically there is a tie as someone from FB has sent me their vote as they aren't members of TFF.

Could still go either way!

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Wobert wrote:1 vote in it . . . . .technically there is a tie as someone from FB has sent me their vote as they aren't members of TFF.

Could still go either way!
I'm surprised Darklight isn't the runaway leader; Frenzy and Guard? Surely that's an auto include?!

Obviously I'm missing something that the more experienced coaches can see clearly. :lol:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Jip wrote:
I'm surprised Darklight isn't the runaway leader; Frenzy and Guard? Surely that's an auto include?!

Obviously I'm missing something that the more experienced coaches can see clearly. :lol:
Less power gamey and more fun.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95