2017 feedback

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 2017 feedback

Post by speedingbullet »

The simple way of avoiding this issue, as already suggested by Purplegoo, is to get rid of the final, with the tourney decided by 6 round of Swiss i.e. the same system as most NAF tourneys. This has the significant plus that it avoids any need for extra time and the potential delay to the end of everyone's gaming weekend.

Reason: ''
Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

speedingbullet wrote:The simple way of avoiding this issue, as already suggested by Purplegoo, is to get rid of the final, with the tourney decided by 6 round of Swiss i.e. the same system as most NAF tourneys. This has the significant plus that it avoids any need for extra time and the potential delay to the end of everyone's gaming weekend.

agreed, but also mentioned was that if any event deserves a final its this one, and if it was not removed there would not be a complaint.

even with no final we could still have 2 coaches on 6-0-0 from this year, or a max of 3 coaches on 6-0-0. then how do you award the winner, its the same issue in a different place, thus not solving the problem just moving it

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

I would definitely be in favour of keeping the final!

Now if only I had played better against Jerome in the fifth round then none of this conversation would be happening :wink:

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

What about a semi mcmahon system where you seed the field and give the top half a point before R1, and then take it away after r3?

Keep final.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."