AG6 Vampire worth it??

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Re: AG6 Vampire worth it??

Post by el Superbeasto »

So... I managed to level my AG5 + Leap vampire again. :orc:
Two matches left of the tournament - what to choose??

I'm normally a firm beliver i Dodge for vampires, but would Block be better for an AG5 leaper to knock down ball carriers? Wrestle is another option here, but I don't much like the idea of putting him on the ground for risk of fouling.

Not quite Sophie's choice, but I'm still curious to hear what you all think! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I'd go for Wrestle to get the ball loose easier. Just keep some protection from fouling near by.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Yup, wrestle. ST4, AG5, leaping, wrestler. Mega. Tackle next and you're laughing (unless you've opponents with lots of guard)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Wrestle is not good for a vamp. It forces you to reroll lust/blocks you shouldn't because of risk of turnover from lack of food. Good vamp play revolves around reroll conservation so the more of this you can minimise the better.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Seeing as you passed up the godlike AG6 and went for the ridiculous Leap on this Vamp, i would now go wrestle. Might as well gimp him as much as possible :)

In the next life, take the AG6 and get Wrestle on the Thralls instead. Then you can use Hypno instead of trying to be a wardancer.

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Apologies, realised my post sounds a bit harsh! I'm old, tired and in shock that someone would turn down ag6 on a player who's extraordinary skill works on agility.

What i meant to say was...ag5 leap is fine. On the right players. But Vamps dont need to leap into cages to get the ball, they make the cage disappear with Hypno, which conveniently gets rid of guard too. You know how annoying those Gutter Runners are who waltz in and steal a loose ball from 2 tacklezones? Just imagine what an Ag6 Vamp could do.

So anyway, what's done is done. Please dont take Wrestle!

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

20phoenix wrote:Wrestle is not good for a vamp. It forces you to reroll lust/blocks you shouldn't because of risk of turnover from lack of food. Good vamp play revolves around reroll conservation so the more of this you can minimise the better.
Its worth stating I fully agree with the point around re-roll preservation on vampires. The whole AG5 and leap thing takes a chunk of this out of the equation though. In order to leap at the ball carrier, you must have passed your bloodlust check (anything else would be foolish) so you're fine. You've also (in general play) got the option of changing a block for a move (and with AG5 leap, you're pretty able to move to a thrall for a bite), while sensible vamp play suggests that you have thralls in place most of the time (or an ability to back out of the "uber" play to bite a thrall) and can just stand, chill and have a snack for the turn instead of blocking and leaving yourself open to wasting a reroll.

I would have definitely have gone with AG6 in the first place, but once AG5 and leap, wrestle is the most obvious skill to go for. You've chosen your poison, so keep going with it.

I also generally agree with block/dodge on vamps, wrestle on thralls as a standard build template

Winner Thrud 2019!
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Tackle or strip ball both seem like good options. I'd ignore wrestle for the aforementioned reasons.

Block seems wasted.

Mighty blow would be funny though...

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Itchen Masack wrote:Apologies, realised my post sounds a bit harsh! I'm old, tired and in shock that someone would turn down ag6 on a player who's extraordinary skill works on agility.

What i meant to say was...ag5 leap is fine. On the right players. But Vamps dont need to leap into cages to get the ball, they make the cage disappear with Hypno, which conveniently gets rid of guard too. You know how annoying those Gutter Runners are who waltz in and steal a loose ball from 2 tacklezones? Just imagine what an Ag6 Vamp could do.

So anyway, what's done is done. Please dont take Wrestle!
No worries, mate. ;)
And yes, I do agree (now). If I could back, I would have gone for the AG6. I'm new to vampires... :roll:
I'll ponder my mistake for a while in silent agony...

My sales thread:
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

mawph wrote:I would have definitely have gone with AG6 in the first place, but once AG5 and leap, wrestle is the most obvious skill to go for. You've chosen your poison, so keep going with it.

I also generally agree with block/dodge on vamps, wrestle on thralls as a standard build template
Yes, I know now!.. :cry:
nazgob wrote:Tackle or strip ball both seem like good options. I'd ignore wrestle for the aforementioned reasons.

Block seems wasted.

Mighty blow would be funny though...
Good choices, but seeing as none of my upcoming opponents have managed to get block on their ball handlers, it might be worth going for still...?

My sales thread:
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Part of the reason I take block on all vampires is movement related. With MA6 getting put on the floor really hurts. Block helps at keeping them upright. While not relevant to this conversation I also take him up as a superstar or legend skill on vampires too to help combat the movement issue

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

20phoenix wrote:While not relevant to this conversation I also take jump up as a superstar or legend skill on vampires too to help combat the movement issue
Assuming I've made the correction to your text correctly ( ;) ), that's really interesting. Never taken a vampire that far up the ladder, but I'd not thought about this. Sounds a cracking call for the survivability of the thralls though - allows them to potentially be further away from harm in providing their "assist".

Winner Thrud 2019!
TMS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TMS »

I've registered on this forum just to tell you that I decided to take a Vampire to AG6 this weekend, much thanks to this thread. I'm lucky in that he already has Dodge since earlier so it'll be even more potent. He's currently got the highest active bounty in the entire league on his head but I hope his career will be much longer still. :D

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

TMS wrote:I've registered on this forum just to tell you that I decided to take a Vampire to AG6 this weekend, much thanks to this thread. I'm lucky in that he already has Dodge since earlier so it'll be even more potent. He's currently got the highest active bounty in the entire league on his head but I hope his career will be much longer still. :D
Yeah - just f**king rub it in my face, won't you?! :lol:
As written above, I regret not going for the legendary AG, but I must admit that Leap is working out pretty good for me. I went with Block for the new skill (since many of my opponent ball handlers don't have Block), and the ability to leap across lines of scrimage etc. makes him a constant threat. (Yes, AG6 would probably have given me almost the same possibilities, but now I'm stuck with Leap, so... ;) )
And welcome to the forum, by the way! :D

My sales thread:
stashman

Post by stashman »

TMS wrote:I've registered on this forum just to tell you that I decided to take a Vampire to AG6 this weekend, much thanks to this thread. I'm lucky in that he already has Dodge since earlier so it'll be even more potent. He's currently got the highest active bounty in the entire league on his head but I hope his career will be much longer still. :D
This guy needs a big boot in da face ;-)

http://www.malmo.bloodbowlleague.com/de ... pl&pid=190