Played Dwarves, what next?

Moderator: TFF Mods

kwarrend
Rookie
Rookie

Played Dwarves, what next?

Post by kwarrend »

Admittedly the reason I played them was because they came out right when our league started and no one else was playing them. It worked out well since 2 of my division opponents were Skaven players, but as the season comes to a close I think I'm ready to try something else.

Been playing around a little with Skaven online but wasn't sure if there were standard recommendations for progressing beyond a somewhat vanilla team? I'm certainly no expert Dwarf player and may come back to this team in a future season, but I think having a team that can score a little easier might be a nice change of pace.

Reason: ''
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Played Dwarves, what next?

Post by TheAzman »

Try Humans. They can do a little bit of everything. Not as burly as Dwarves or as fast as Skaven, but fun nonetheless. I love them. They're my favorite Blood Bowl race. Second Favorite is Orcs. Either one of those teams will be fun for you.

Winning... it beats losing.
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

I was in the same situation and I moved on to Chaos dwarfs and it was i good decission for me.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Try something different from Dwarves. Skaven, or High Elves, or Humans, or even Lizardmen. If you don't like it, go back to slow and solid next time. But playing something different will keep things new and make you a better coach.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

If you want to stay bashy then both undead and orcs are very easy to use. They have a little more speed and agility than Dwarfs but plenty of armour and more strength.

Orcs have the advantage of goblins who can go pretty much anywhere thanks to stunty and can even score in 1 turn with Throw team mate (or you can just chuck him at the cage for fun on defence). They are not great at passing but you can build a reasonably decent team at it with some lucky doubles and stats.

Undead have some nice cheap fodder that thanks to regen and raise the dead mean you'll very rarely be struggling to have a full squad. They have a decent bit of mobility thanks to being able to take up to 4 ghouls. They can also make a scoring team but don't excel at it.

if you want to go for a bigger change then high elves are a decent choice. All players have well defined roles, they are one of the fastest teams but still come with mostly AV8. Their linos are decent all round players and not too expensive as well.

Humans are a great all rounder team but that also means they don't excel at anything. It can mean you get beat up by all the bash teams without scoring much and outscored by the agile teams whilst doing little damage.
I would recommend them as the best team to learn the game as they'll give you a good feel for most play styles. They will really teach you how often 3+ rolls with re-roll fail too.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

I tried Choas Pact one Season after playing dwarfs for years. The three big guys teach me well and everthing i never want to know about risk managment and this experience takes me on the next level as a player. Then i moved back to Chaos Dwarfs and won twice our league. At the moment i give my apes team a try as you can see here Simyin/Apes Team Guide

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

"Played Dwarves, what next?"

Something that's actually fun?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Undead is a good halfway house from Bash to non bash,

you will earn more about Dash whilst still having the cage / slow grind play available that you are used to.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Pro elves, the other side of the spectrum

iosu1978
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iosu1978 »

Skaven! The other side of the coin

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Play Halflings to learn how to enojoy a game while losing, and to learn to disregard your own players' safety. Then play anything else ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I'd say Undead if you want some of the skills you have learnt to transfer over.............Norse if you want something fairly different.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

halflings, the answer is ALWAYS halflings.