NAF Championship 2017 FAQ

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

NAF Championship 2017 FAQ

Post by Boneless »

with the changes I wanted to add this little FAQ to clarify a few points for this event.

In nafc rules. Replace CRP with bb2017 rules
NO Special play cards at all

You can Argue the call if sent off once per game as per new rules - you do not need a coach model or any other side line staff models to represent the head coach

Deeproot will have Timber skill as he is a halfling tree.

Human catchers 60k

Pile on does not need a RR

Are Grak and Crumbleberry allowed? Only stars in Death zone and new rules are the only permitted Stars

http://www.thenaf.net/2016/12/naf-rules-from-1st-feb-17

Any others please ask

Reason: ''
UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Championship 2017 FAQ

Post by lunchmoney »

Standard NAF otherwise? 60k Human Catchers, No TRR needed to Pile On, etc?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Boneless

Post by Boneless »

lunchmoney wrote:Standard NAF otherwise? 60k Human Catchers, No TRR needed to Pile On, etc?

Yes standard otherwise.

I'm purely clarifying the bits down to the TO

mamapepe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mamapepe »

Rules pack says CRP?Guessing this has now bee superseded by the new rules for NAF tournies from Feb-17?Thanks

NAF Toilet Inspector - blocking toilets since '87
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Argue the call, do i need an actual model to represent head coach in order to "Argue the Call". Thanks

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

mamapepe wrote:Rules pack says CRP?Guessing this has now bee superseded by the new rules for NAF tournies from Feb-17?Thanks
Yes - hawca, can you pop this in the post up here?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

frogboy wrote:Argue the call, do i need an actual model to represent head coach in order to "Argue the Call". Thanks
That is what it says in the rules :wink: and ideally it should look like you (or your coach avatar) as it is a representation of you as your team's head coach.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Garrick wrote:
frogboy wrote:Argue the call, do i need an actual model to represent head coach in order to "Argue the Call". Thanks
That is what it says in the rules :wink: and ideally it should look like you (or your coach avatar) as it is a representation of you as your team's head coach.
So dose this mean that assistant coaches, chefs, wizards etc all need models, or can i just get my "mini me" out?

I'll stick a base to my bellend, happy days :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

frogboy wrote:
Garrick wrote:
So dose this mean that assistant coaches, chefs, wizards etc all need models, or can i just get my "mini me" out?

I'll stick a base to my bellend, happy days :lol:
Or you could go with something less likely to get you thrown out of the venue :oops:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Conspiracy - Miniature case company's team up with GW to force coaches to buy bigger!

deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by deeferdan »

Just a quick query on the duel painting competition for the event. I know it states that miniatures have to be on a base on up to 60 mm, but is there any stretching to this rule? I have a lovely idea for a diorama "duel" but need more space to make it work.
Completely understand if the answer is the obvious, but basically i'm asking if I can bend the rules??? in the interest of artistic interpretation and nothing else. :D

- deeferdan -

England NC
Midlands RC
Blood Bowling nomad

Beard man's foil http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
Bsking
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bsking »

hawca wrote: You can Argue the call if sent off once per game as per new rules - you do not need a coach model or any other side line staff models to represent the head coach
Any reason you can only do this once per game? Is that a house rule? Or do the rules themselves say you can only argue the call once per game (because if so I've missed it!)?

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

deeferdan2383 wrote:Just a quick query on the duel painting competition for the event. I know it states that miniatures have to be on a base on up to 60 mm, but is there any stretching to this rule? I have a lovely idea for a diorama "duel" but need more space to make it work.
Completely understand if the answer is the obvious, but basically i'm asking if I can bend the rules??? in the interest of artistic interpretation and nothing else. :D
I will also be entering the duel painting competition as I have done every year since its inception. As always I will be abiding by the base size rules. Re deeferdan2383's query above I am in two minds:

1) A larger base does give an advantage so it should probably not be allowed. BUT
2) The winner of an earlier duel competition used a base larger than that allowed and the organisers awarded him the prize despite the fact he did not abide by the rules so the base size limitation has already been demonstrated to be non binding and in no way limiting to your chances of winning :wink: .

Boneless

Post by Boneless »

Ok

The duel.

The rules say 60mm

This is to stop people doing overly large and the paint job becoming second to the painting.

As for previous events this is my first planned and run solely by me. When I ran out last years. In both cases this rule has been met and needs to for this competition.

The argue the ref does say once in a game.

It's basically a crap bribe