NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th

Post by Darkson »

Loki wrote:
Garrick wrote:I am just curious as it is such a specific variation on the standard CRP rules and as such must have a reason for it being included?
This is a fairly standard tournament stipulation down here and possibly has something to do with the team creation rules on page 16 of standard CRP saying you must have 11 players when you create your team.
Second what Loki said - I've always felt that those tournaments that allow less than 11 rostered players to be the variations from the CRP.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

paid

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
eldritchfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eldritchfox »

Are we allowed to stack skills on a player or is it one skill per player?

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Loki wrote:
Garrick wrote:
Garrick wrote:Will definitely be there.

Love the new rules. No Doubles for Tier One teams - excellent.

One wee question: Why the "must first have at least 11 normal rostered players before including the Star"? Is this to make it difficult for Tier One teams to have Stars?
I am just curious as it is such a specific variation on the standard CRP rules and as such must have a reason for it being included?
This is a fairly standard tournament stipulation down here and possibly has something to do with the team creation rules on page 16 of standard CRP saying you must have 11 players when you create your team.
@Loki "you must have 11 players when you create your team" and in tournaments the Star Players are included in your team creation so no requirement in CRP to have 11 players before including the Star!

In general though I wish more people had studied contract law and then I wouldn't have to explain situations like this again and again :lol:

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Of course maybe it's just a giant conspiracy by all the TO's just to annoy you Graham

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Loki wrote:Of course maybe it's just a giant conspiracy by all the TO's just to annoy you Graham
Nah, it is just that it has become so common place that almost everybody now thinks it is in the CRP, TOs are by nature efficient and cutting and pasting other Tournament rules is efficient so this rule has become self propagating.

I don't like it because it limits certain choices and therefore limits the game as a whole for no apparent reason, or certainly none that anybody has yet been able to explain and therefore I will continue to challenge mindless adherence to it.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

Personally, I think the rule fits well. Star Players are supposed to be wandering mercenaries, looking for a game wherever they are needed. So if there is a preexisting team, with the minimum of 11 players, it makes sense that they would rock up and join them. Rather than a team expecting a Star to fill a starting spot on their roster.
I know stars have been rostered in the past, but this seems to fit better for me. YMMV.

Oh, and I would expect to attend this.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

Common sense and fluff > contract law.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Actully Garrick has pursueded me... If he comes to BUBBA he can have 11 players including stars, unfortunately the CRP also says you get 1M to spend so that is what he shall have.

Obviously all those using the tournament rules will have the 1.2M the tournament allows but they will have to have 11 players before stars.

Garrick will also not be allowed to start with any additional skills, it's not in the rules.

Back on topic I will be putting this date in my diary :)

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

It also says Stars are inducements.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Loki wrote:Actully Garrick has pursueded me... If he comes to BUBBA he can have 11 players including stars, unfortunately the CRP also says you get 1M to spend so that is what he shall have.

Obviously all those using the tournament rules will have the 1.2M the tournament allows but they will have to have 11 players before stars.

Garrick will also not be allowed to start with any additional skills, it's not in the rules.
When you get this kind of response, you know you have already won your argument :lol:

PS Common Misunderstanding and Fluff > Contract Law :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Garrick wrote:When you get this kind of response, you know you have already won your argument :lol:
To me it sounds less like you want to make a coherent argument that 11 before stars is restrictive and spoils variety with total disregard to the cash available and more like you want to pick and choose what gets pulled through from CRP to tournaments and your view is the only correct one.

As on other debated points, I agree all TO's should think about what they a setting up and blind adherence is a problem

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Loki wrote:
Garrick wrote:When you get this kind of response, you know you have already won your argument :lol:
To me it sounds less like you want to make a coherent argument that 11 before stars is restrictive and spoils variety with total disregard to the cash available and more like you want to pick and choose what gets pulled through from CRP to tournaments and your view is the only correct one.

As on other debated points, I agree all TO's should think about what they a setting up and blind adherence is a problem
David, you took the argument to a silly place not me, that is usually done when coherent argument is no longer available, after doing that you cannot back track and demand a coherent argument from me as you have already lost. Love and Kisses, Graham

PS I sincerely hope ALL rules are pulled through from CRP to tournaments and then modified by the tournament specific rules. I was just pointing out a rule in CRP that is "commonly misunderstood to exist" does not and that a tournament specific rule would not be required if it did. I specifically disagree with that tournament specific rule but it has never been a CRP rule.

PPS I totally agree with "all TO's should think about what they a setting up and blind adherence is a problem" and I was using this specific tournament rule as an example.

PPPS My favourite bugbear right now is that 2 tournaments in Scotland are going with 4 single and 2 double skills / no more that 2 of any skill which favours Undead and Wood Elves, and we all know that they need a leg up to compete!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Garrick wrote:I was just pointing out a rule in CRP that is "commonly misunderstood to exist" does not and that a tournament specific rule would not be required if it did. I specifically disagree with that tournament specific rule but it has never been a CRP rule.
How has it never been a CRP rule?
P.16 of the CRP:
"In addition,
your team must have at least 11 players and may not have more than 16."

Stars are Inducements, and you don't get inducements until the pre-game of your first match, so Stars can't count towards the 11.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Paid.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com