The NAF Championship LV - 30th April & 1st May 2016

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: The NAF Championship LV - 30th April & 1st May 2016

Post by Waldorf28 »

Hey folks. Thanks for an awesome event.

Just putting this here to remind you, could you check the final rankings before posting? I know the ones put up in the hall were wrong because I was 2-1-3 but only showing three points.

I won games three and six, and drew game one.

Thanks again!

Reason: ''
Commissioner at the UKBBL.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Thanks for a super tournament, especially to all the referees and my fantastic opponents. I enjoyed all my games and my opponents were true sportsmen, especially considering my lucky dice.
Thanks vulture squadron, lycos, blues, speeding bullet, wilf, and of course, ploppy mcploppy.

Anyone got a good 110 slann build for next year?!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Hawca and the "we will be strict" judging crew, and everyone else who assisted.

Thank you very much for a hugely enjoyable tournament.

Thank you also to my opponents for providing much entertainment, the games with Hawca and Madd need special mention.
Madd worked out on the app that his odds of success for his T16 equaliser were 0.6%.

But, if he dodged with Deeproot, the odds increased to 2.1%!

I look forward to next year's tourney, and hopefully a visit to the near-mythical curry house inhabited once per year by Team Scotland.
And more board games in the lobby of an increasingly bemused hotel.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

In other news: Lost and Found at NAFC2016.

I have in my possession, an orange pencil case containing a selection of dice, BB templates, a miniature and loom bands.
Could anyone who has lost/misplaced/forgotten it please get in touch with me and I'll arrange onward delivery.

Cheers,

Dan.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Great tourney. Good fun. Great opponents. Big fan of the painting entries too. Well done all.

I did seem to leave my little lovely little NAF Score 2515 token at my last game table though (26ish). So if any of the SW crew have found/ picked up a spare and could share one at the next local tourney they see me at I'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks gang - and to the UKBBL crew (AndyDavo, Verbal, Waldorf, Pidpad et al) for inviting me to the curry!

NAF Name: Cornish
deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by deeferdan »

Waldorf28 wrote:Hey folks. Thanks for an awesome event.

Just putting this here to remind you, could you check the final rankings before posting? I know the ones put up in the hall were wrong because I was 2-1-3 but only showing three points.

I won games three and six, and drew game one.

Thanks again!
Regarding the above, it was Waldorf's result with me in game six that was entered incorrectly. I seem to have been give the win, when it was most definitely a loss... (also known as a last turn goblin throwing troll spectacular)

Thanks for the baptism of fire NAFFERS, I now hate my Necro build, but still love bloodbowl, so see you all soon.

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

Thanks deefer! I have posted a comment which awaits moderation on the NAF website.

I wouldn't be making a fuss, but I *think* that result makes me top placed Underworld team, which was what I was aiming for :).

[edit: I suspect on closer examination it makes me *second* best Underworld. Which I'll take!]

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks to all my opponents, hope I provided you with a tough game and hope you had just as much fun as I had :orc:

Thanks to all the team for organising and running the event.

Saturday night games were good too but not as good as that story game we played on the way home, we should do more of that :)

See you all at Foul Bowl ;)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

In all the excitement I forgot to get my NAF gift and dice! Anyone able to take a decent pic and send it over, please?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
CharlieBanks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieBanks »

Really really fun weekend!

Great first game verses Madd which for Halflings vs Ogres was not the casualtyfest it was billed to be and more of a tactical battle, a tight match verses speedingbullet's Wood Elves - on TABLE 1! (Yes I know it was random but I'm claiming it by virtue :D) and then 'the game that won't be discussed' verses Be4ch. Day 2 eldrichfox's Orc's held us to a draw in our first match and then I had the game of The AvenOgre's life verses Mordredd's Undead where he could only watch as the Ogre's removed players on each hit. Finally a truly epic game vs david_hamlin's Chaos Dwarves which is quite possibly the most fun I've had in a match!

Final record for the AvenOgre's 2-3-... (we don't talk about the game vs Be4ch)

Well done to everyone and real thanks to all the Coaches I played (except Be4ch ;)) It was a lot of fun

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Great tournament, thoroughly enjoyed it. Huge thanks to the organisers and refs. 6 good games and difficult to single out particular moments. Hard luck madeofwelsh though for so nearly pulling off an amazing play with Wilhelm Chaney and all action thralls. Gratz to Pete for the win and for smashing me 3-0 on the way! And commiserations to tritex for ending the tourney with a failed GFI that would have seen him tie up our final game at 4 tds a piece. Looking forward to next year already.

Be4ch
Veteran
Veteran

The NAF Championship LV - 30th April & 1st May 2016

Post by Be4ch »

CharlieBanks wrote:Well done to everyone and real thanks to all the Coaches I played (except Be4ch ;)) It was a lot of fun
I'm just glad you let me keep the awesome badge. I was half expecting you to rip it off at the end ;) I take credit for our game inspiring your Ogres to greatness on day 2..........

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Too many people to thank for making this such an incredible weekend. I have never had so much fun and laughed so hard at a Blood Bowl tournament so I'd just like to thank the organisers for putting on such a great event.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Non BB related high light was simply trying to order a Black Russian at the bar. One staff ran away and the second throw Coke all over himself in terror of making one!

Thanks for great games and a great weekend.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95