News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

NAF League Posters!

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi guys!

I'm Shteve0, the NAF's new League Director, and one of the pledges of my election campaign was to start getting posters out for people to stick up in stores that help them promote their leagues and raise awareness of the community that exists in their area amongst people who may (must surely!) be interested in taking up the hobby.

To set that ball rolling, I've pulled together one such poster (with sincere thanks to Horekim for allowing me to use images of his lovely range of second ed miniatures!) in the hope that it proves useful as a starting point. As ever, your feedback is welcomed!

Full poster: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/746 ... Poster.png
Alt poster: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/746 ... oster2.png
German version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/746 ... sterDE.png
French version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/746 ... sterFR.png

Here's what you can do to help!
1. Make sure your league is on the NAF league locator, then print and put up the poster somewhere people can see it! Then let us know here how you got on - where did you put up the poster, and did you have any issues?
2. Have you got an idea for a flier or poster, or have you created one yourself? Please share it here!
3. Are you familiar with more than one language? Please offer (or validate) a translation of this poster, or any other, in any language!(I'd like to do posters in as many languages as possible)
4. Do you have images you're happy to offer up for use on future posters of fliers? Images of your custom pitch, team dioramas, full colour artwork and player photos are all very much welcomed here! For miniatures, please aim for a blank or plain background, with images of reasonable size and quality; note that only GW models may be used on posters intended for a GW store, so if it's not GW, make that clear. You must be the rights holder for all images submitted!
5. Any other thoughts or ideas on how we can help leagues promote themselves are also very much welcomed here!

Cheers guys, please keep us in the loop with how you get on and share whatever you can!

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NAF League Posters!

Post by Toffer »

very cool sir

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

Excellent. I could add our Lancaster (Uk) league.

Are there any rules to adhere to to be a "NAF" league? Is a league that includes Khorne teams permitted?

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No stores locally, but ok to post to our Facebook/twitter/forum?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Waldorf28 wrote:Excellent. I could add our Lancaster (Uk) league.

Are there any rules to adhere to to be a "NAF" league? Is a league that includes Khorne teams permitted?
Absolutely all leagues are permitted on the League Locator - sharing is caring! :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Darkson wrote:No stores locally, but ok to post to our Facebook/twitter/forum?
Yeah, absolutely, get the word out. No FLGS out your way? I plan to try and get these out to board game shops and libraries, you never know who might see one and jump aboard!

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Thanks Shteve0! Worthy of my vote for you! A few points/questions:

1. My only concern with pointing them to the NAF is that it might be a little confusing that they have to join the NAF to join the league and that might discourage folks who are new to the game. So is it possible to alter the poster so that it points folks to either an email address or to a league website? (For that to happen we'd need the original file)
2. Do we need to pay legal homage to our dear old Granny on the poster?
3. The date on the top of the page says since 2487 and the NAF logo says since 2408. That can be confusing as well.

Thanks for the hard work on this!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hello mate! Glad you like it, hopefully it's as well received in stores :)

1. Nope, no registration required to sign up your league (or to a league) on the league locator. I'm happy to create one with a space for a phone number or website though, give me some time and the next version I post up will have somewhere to put contact details :)
2. I don't believe so - I've made no claim to their IP, and we're essentially asking stores to promote gaming clubs that support their products. Not that actually putting a GW logo will prevent it being allowed in a GW store! But if someone runs into problems and/or finds that a particular store is unhappy, please contact us know here immediately and we'll see alternatives we can muster!
3. Good spot! I think I'll change the wording at the top to RL years. Cheers!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Shteve0 wrote:No FLGS out your way? I plan to try and get these out to board game shops and libraries, you never know who might see one and jump aboard!
Nope - our local FLGS is Bristol! (edges London by a couple of miles as the crow flies).
I can ask at our local library though (good shout, hadn't thought of that) and the local toy store has a rack of GW models, and they have told people about our club, but they don't look to have space to put any posters up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Good start, ShteveO!
Don't have any other constructive criticism than the above mentioned.

And PM send about translations.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Could an area be left for direct contact details (email, league website, etc)?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

NAF League Posters!

Post by Shteve0 »

Darkson wrote:Could an area be left for direct contact details (email, league website, etc)?
Yep - I'll sort that on the next version :)

Saebelsultan - thanks for the PM, I'll reply now!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Flyer looks great and advertising is certainly a good way to recruit some new people into the community.
Shteve0 wrote: 4. Do you have images you're happy to offer up for use on future posters of fliers? Images of your custom pitch, team dioramas, full colour artwork and player photos are all very much welcomed here! For miniatures, please aim for a blank or plain background, with images of reasonable size and quality; note that only GW models may be used on posters intended for a GW store, so if it's not GW, make that clear. You must be the rights holder for all images submitted!
It might be an idea for non-GW venues to have a good selection of the independent minis on a flyer. The 2nd edition range is lovely but long out of production and pricey on e-bay. I'd hate for someone to be inspired to try and start playing only to find all the minis they like from the poster are difficult to get.

Feel free to use any pics you like of my models linked in my sig. There's quite a few teams that kitbash from the current GW 40K and Fantasy range so that might help curry favour if they are put in a GW store.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'll let Shteve0 know about the translators we use (including Saeb!)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

NAF League Posters!

Post by Shteve0 »

First poster has been tweaked with a revised year, a link to the main leagues page of the NAF; and I've put one together with a blank spot for writing your contact information!

Second poster: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/746 ... oster2.png

Enjoy!