The NAF Championship LIV - 23rd & 24th May 2015

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: The NAF Championship LIV - 23rd & 24th May 2015

Post by Digger Goreman »

CNO: Voice of the resistance radio....

Little surprise, here... Power teams galore....

Stripped of the major Timmy teams we have:

22 Orc: The Mighty Blow Reds. Not the most challenging of teams, yet a major accomplishment amongst the overwhelming overpowered. The real winner....

32 Chaos: Blackhoof Maulers

42 Necros: Up to My Necro Innit

50: Khemri: In Denile Jackals

Much the same as every year: Compotent coaches with Timmy teams and a little luck are crowned.... A well deserved round of applause to those stalwarts who broke the mold and turned against the tide of mundanity.... Huzzah!, and good night.... :)

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Digger Goreman wrote:CNO: Voice of the resistance radio....

Little surprise, here... Power teams galore....

Stripped of the major Timmy teams we have:

22 Orc: The Mighty Blow Reds. Not the most challenging of teams, yet a major accomplishment amongst the overwhelming overpowered. The real winner....
You think Orcs are Underpowered at that TV?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Date set for next year? I'm there :)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

It was a blast! Thanks to The organizers!

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Wow, elfbowl city looking at the top 20...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There where a lot of Elves but I didn't play any of them. Seems they all either had better or worse weekends than I did.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

18 undead
17 dark elves
17 wood elves

they were the 3 most played teams of the weekend

Also had a great time and look forward to next year!

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

sann0638 wrote:Photos here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 356&type=3

Hope everyone can see them, let me know if not.
No fb Account, no pictures :(

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

Thanks to Joe, Jim, and Geggs for a great tournament, as well as all those other guys supporting the tournament behind the scenes (those boards have to come from somewhere!). Was a superb weekend, and the Friday night burger and the Saturday night beers were superb. Great to see some familiar faces and to make some new friends.

All my opponents were superb sports. Without you guys the weekends just wouldn't be worth it.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:
sann0638 wrote:Photos here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 356&type=3

Hope everyone can see them, let me know if not.
No fb Account, no pictures :(
Not so! http://www.thenaf.net/2015/05/nafc-photos/

But I did check that you do not have to be logged in to see the pics, though some mobiles force you to. Are you on mobile?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
layers6036
Rookie
Rookie

Post by layers6036 »

@ Digger Gorman - I was the coach of The Mighty Blow Reds, got very lucky in my second ever tournament. Please educate a noob and tell me what a timmy team is?

Also a general question; I'm barred from the NAF site as i need to renew but i actually renewed for two years at the tournament... am i just waiting for Lycos to push a button or do I need to renew again online to get access.

Cheers to everyone who organised it by the way - a brilliant weekend, superbly run.

EDIT: just read his signature, Ignore the first question! I get it, you're a purist!!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Digger Goreman wrote:Stripped of the major Timmy teams we have:
Nice to see Digger has added Undead to the timmy list.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not that I'm in any rush to see my drop, but is there a rough time scale for the results to be entered and the button pushed?
I understand there are a lot and the need for double checking etc (and it's been a bank holiday) so just a rough idea.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I also would like to say a few thank you's.

My first NAF Championship. What i thought was great was walking around and seeing so many friendly faces. My first ever NAF Tournament was this year at the Welsh Open and since then i've been to a few different ones so was cool to catch up with a few of you and meet a few more and put names to faces.

Obviously thanks to the Organisers, them two blokes in the ref shirts, everyone who helped with the boards and behind the scene stuff, the girls who served my food it was tasty ;) Team Wales for good banter, letting me drink their coffee and inviting me to their room to play with their toys :D Thanks to Beppe for translating no not to Team Wales but to help me talk about the World Cup, Thanks to Sann for lending me a skeleton last minute he was the best player of my team, Team Sweden and also that rowdy French lot who taught me how to say "in your face" thats the most French i ever learnt and came in handy once i got back to my accommodation lol...
My opponents where a fantastic bunch and I had 6 very Challenging and entertaining games.

Highlights were; Winning my first game, and was really happy to see Inforthepain go on to win the Stunty Cup. Playing a great game against Beppe in round two and having a chance to play someone i might not meet at a regular tournament. Laughing with Greshvakk when we realised we'd been draw to play in round 3 after spending the previous interval discussing our tactics and our weakness'. Headstrong's Chaos Dwarfs Round 4 yuk (far too early for that) but was one of my favorite games in retrospect. Round 5 really fun game against Phil78 and his Scottish Halflings we had one spot prize each in that game and only a riot stopped him scoring more. Finally I played Ian Meli from Malta in a game which could have gone either way but in the end ended up being a draw, hope to see you at some more in the future.

Apologies. For trying to foul with a player who had stood up in the same turn, Doh! For changing dice mid game (thanks for the heads up) Also for mumbling some random jibberish after games especially after round 4, I was still in shock at my ridiculous in game choices grrrr oh and sorry SF for laughing so much when you was trying to explain the rules to that game we played on Saturday Night, it was fun so thanks.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Darkson wrote:
Digger Goreman wrote:Stripped of the major Timmy teams we have:
Nice to see Digger has added Undead to the timmy list.

and Slann too !