UK Teams smack talk

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: UK Teams smack talk

Post by Darkson »

Garrick wrote:4) The incumbent Prime Minister of Britain is English but the previous 2 have been Scottish
I thought you were listing good things about Scotland?

No problem with the trashtalk, but just to point you to: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4205

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

No politics in this thread

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

Garrick wrote:Eddie Izzard is brilliant but just to educate lunchmoney:

1) The last English Monarch was Elizabeth 1 and after that the kings and queens of Britain have been Scottish, Dutch and German but there has never been an English monarch of Britain, pre, during or post Empire!
2) The oldest national flag in the world is the Scottish Saltire "the flag originated in a 9th-century battle, where Óengus II led a combined force of Picts and Scots to victory over the Angles, led by Æthelstan. A miraculous white saltire appeared in the blue sky and Óengus' troops were roused to victory by the omen. Consisting of a blue background over which is placed a white representation of an X-shaped cross, the Saltire is one of Scotland's most recognisable symbols." and also Scotland's first victory over the English then known as Angleish (Germans who could swim).
3) The Union Jack is predominantly the Scottish Saltire with some English and Welsh Graffiti on it.
4) The incumbent Prime Minister of Britain is English but the previous 2 have been Scottish and currently Nicola Sturgeon is more popular with English voters than any of the plonkers they can actually vote for!

Do I need to go on?
I am confused by some of these comments

Wasn't Queen Elizabeth the 2nd born in England then? If your talking about ancestry, your probably from France.

The oldest flag was made of bronze, carried by some Iranian guy and dates back to 2000 odd BC. Not only that but samuri wore flags and the Romans had hundreds and hundreds of the buggers.

How come James the 1st decided to put the English flag at the front of the Union FLAG, he was scottish but obviously decided ours was the best, I reckon.

Who's Nicola Sturgeon?

We should settle this on the Blood Bowl field of honour on neutral ground, I suggest Italy.

Bring a flag.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

canteloup wrote: Bring a flag.
Team Exiles will

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

@Darkson and Lunchmoney, there is nothing political about the fact that Scotland is better than the rest of the UK, it is just an apolitical fact :D .

@Canteloup:

Agreed you are confused by some of these comments

Queen Elizabeth the 2nd's real surname is Saxe-Coburg and she is a German born in England. My ancestry is more likely to be Scandinavian but I can speak French.

The oldest flag might of have been made of bronze, carried by some Iranian guy and dates back to 2000 odd BC. Not only that but samuri wore flags and the Romans had hundreds and hundreds of the buggers. But, as stated the oldest national flag (i.e. still used by a nation that still exists) is the Saltire, which incidentally is way older than any Samurai flag!!

How come James the 1st decided to put the English flag at the front of the Union FLAG, he was scottish but obviously decided ours was the best, I reckon. We call him James VIth and it wasn't him who decided about the Union Jack as the United Kingdom didn't come into being until 1707 (104 years later) by which time it was a German monarch of Britain who made the decision.

Who's Nicola Sturgeon? Don't you worry, you will soon find out!

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Danish flag is the oldest national flag. The saltaire might have been in use longer but didn't become the national flag until after that of Denmark.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Scotland??

I remember now, we used to call them soft southerners. :D

Arguing with Lunchmoney about flags and Canteloup about anything is about as productive as a break tackle snotling!!

Good luck wasting your breath, but then you southerners never knew when to quit!!

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Darkson wrote:Danish flag is the oldest national flag. The saltaire might have been in use longer but didn't become the national flag until after that of Denmark.
A claim I have heard before but usually argued as the Dannebrog (Danish flag) is the oldest continuously used national flag.

The design of the Dannebrog is recorded on a seal from 1397. According to legend, the flag came into Danish possession during the Battle of Lyndanisse in 1219. The Danes were on a failing crusade in Estonia, but after praying to God a flag fell from the sky.

Almost 300 years before that the king of the Scotti Óengus II became king of the Picts and the kingdom of Scotland was formed. In the battle against the Angles led by Athelstan the Scottish Saltire was adopted as that newly formed nation's flag. The Saltire was not in continuous use until the 15th century, hence the Danish claim.

One thing we can agree on is that the Saltire and the Dannebrog are indubitably the oldest national flags in the world.

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Enough of this guff.

Aren't we getting away from the debate at hand, namely how many points the Geordies are going to win by?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

pipey wrote:Enough of this guff.

Aren't we getting away from the debate at hand, namely how many points the Geordies are going to win by?
Yes, smack not flag.

And -10.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

pipey wrote:Enough of this guff.

Geordies are just wannabe Scots :wink:

As for a Geordie who changes his name because it sounds like wee wee in French to the Australian slang for scantily clad girlies, one can only wonder :o

canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

That Garricks a clever bloke int he, bet he's s&*t at bloodbowl though :)

(Smack enough for you)

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

You're half right about Garrick ;-)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

pipey wrote:You're half right about Garrick ;-)
Beat you the last time we played :lol: