Road to the NAF Championship 2015

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Road to the NAF Championship 2015

Post by Purplegoo »

The NAF and FUMBBL are pleased to announce the Road to the NAF Championship 2015!

The Road to the NAFC 2014 was a knock out tournament for rookie teams hosted by Cyanide, and the prize was a ticket to the NAFC in Nottingham, UK. This year, FUMBBL will host the tournament, and it will be the first online tabletop resurrection style tournament sanctioned by the NAF. The winner will once again receive the prize of a ticket to the NAF Championship (worth £55)!

The Road to the NAFC will be contested over 6 rounds of Swiss competition and will use the same rules as the NAFC (see the newly released 2015 rulespack here). The Road to the NAFC is set to be the first of ongoing online NAF sanctioned resurrection style events; hopefully allowing members to track their progress via a new ‘online variant’ ranking system. For FUMBBL coaches old and new, this functionality will also be extended to user organised events similar those already running in the [L]eague division there.

For anyone that doesn't know, the NAF Championship is the biggest tabletop Blood Bowl individual tournament of the year and one of the five yearly NAF Majors. Held at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK, the 2014 running of the tournament attracted over 170 coaches, and 2015 could be even bigger.

Full details of the Road to the NAFC will be announced later in the year. In the mean time, please discuss and ask any questions you might have in the TFF or NAF forum threads! I'm really looking forward to this form of the game going digital and the collaboration between FUMBBL and the NAF!

I'll pop into the thread periodically to answer any questions you might have as best I can.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Road to the NAF Championship 2015

Post by Darkson »

Might be the thing to finally kick-start me back to trying Fumbbl again.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi Simon, I hope so!

My hope is that this tournament encourages many coaches like yourself to try FUMBBL (either for the first time or to be tempted back), and online coaches to attend their first NAF event. I've always tried to encourage coaches from one to try the other, and I think this is a great medium for that!

coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

Lovely!

How do I sign up?

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi coma.

I'll bring you full details nearer the time. Watch this space! :)

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Sounds great

Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

Just to be clear:
From that Moment on it will be General possible in L to create customs team to play with in custom tournaments? (Other than testmod)?
So really naf style Swiss tournaments will be supported by fumbbl?

Had to double check as this would be great news!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Oventa wrote:Just to be clear:
From that Moment on it will be General possible in L to create customs team to play with in custom tournaments? (Other than testmod)?
So really naf style Swiss tournaments will be supported by fumbbl?

Had to double check as this would be great news!
Hi Carsten. The exact execution of this (e.g. the division teams will be made in, etc.) will be announced nearer the time. But yes, the plan is that FUMBBL is going to support resurrection play and NAF style Swiss events!

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Darkson wrote:Might be the thing to finally kick-start me back to trying Fumbbl again.
Howdy. My offer still stands, PM me here any time if you want help getting the FUMBBL client running and getting a game in.

Cheers,
WB

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

More details now available in the latest edition of the Grotty Little Newspaper. You will need a Fumbbl login to read it, but you'd need one to take part in the tournament anyway. And it's free!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

If you are not currently a FUMBBLer, don't panic, I will be posting more than one accessible link shortly.

For now, enjoy Christmas!

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

I'm all over this like a rash. Great opportunity to try a funny roster to see if it is fun or frustrating!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

All,

We’re almost there. In just under two short weeks, the Road to the NAF Championship will be underway! On the evening of the 12th of January, the tournament will be GO!

Please find a rulespack containing details on rosters, scoring, prizes and lots of other useful information here. One current omission is instruction on how to create your team with FUMBBL's new resurrection interface and apply it to the tournament; please expect an update on that here very shortly indeed as work goes on behind the scenes to make the tournament a reality.

The rulespack contains links that should get any new user started on their FUMBBL journey. Anyone can do it, and you should join NAF tournaments online in 2015!

In the mean time, for those currently without a FUMBBL account, the GLN article referencing the future of online tournaments has been reproduced here.

Any questions or queries, please post here or drop me a PM. 2015 is going to be quite the year. I look forward to seeing you online!

Should the Dropbox links not work for you, please find the rulespack reproduced here. The original GLN article is linked there (for which you'l need a FUMBBL login).

Excited? I am! :D

(Good to see you're on board Pete - victory or it's the silly roster's fault! ;))

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Hehe. It's a good opportunity to test a new idea out before the nafc. :)

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Interesting stuff. And it just lured me back to FUMBBL after all these years.