South-West Tournament Championship 2015

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

South-West Tournament Championship 2015

Post by Darkson »

The Welsh Open in January, ARBBL in March, Cakebowl in June, Gert Bowl in July, The ACC in August and The Exiles Open in September are running the South West Tournament Championship (SWTC) again this year.
Also this year we're please to announce that we're adding the one day events that run in the area, Exebowl, Crumb Bowl, Bubba Bowl, SpeedBowl and the Albion Coast Trophy.

In short, by attending at least three of the 11 events you are entered in to Championship. Your top three results (with the exceptions below) will be scored and the top coach will win a trophy to be presented in September at the Exiles Open (or as soon as possible if not attending).

To qualify for the SWTC you must attend at least 3 of the 11 mentioned tournaments. Your three highest placings in the ones you attend will used for your score; however there must be at least two different races in those three. If you take Wood Elves (for example) for a third time your lowest score with them will drop off and not be considered, or if you take Skaven to all 11 only two will be considered for the SWTC score.

The coach who places first will receive 10 points, second 9 points, third 8 points and so on down to 10th place winning 1 point. Everyone else scores 1. Then every coach is awarded a bonus point for every full 10 players below them in the ranking.
This means everyone scores for playing and those that top the tables at larger events (inherently harder to do) earns a few more points to reflect the extra challenge.
For example, the top placed player in a 32-man tournament will gain 13 points (10+3), whereas the winner of 20-man tournament will gain 11 points (10+1).
One day events will only award half points.

Alongside this (and separately) is the SWTC Stunty Cup. The highest placed Stunty Coach will receive 10 points, second place 9 points third 8 points and so on down to 10th place winning 1 point. Everyone else scores 1. Then every coach is awarded a bonus point for every full 10 players (Stunty or not) below them in the ranking. The "two races" caveat on the main score is dropped in the case of the Stunty Cup. Qualifying Stunty teams are Goblins, Halflings, Ogres, Lizards with no Saurus and Underworld with no Skaven.
For example, a Stunty coach finishes 8th in a 20 man tournament and wins the Stunty Cup. For the main list he earns 4 points (3+1). For the Stunty Cup he earns 11 points (10+1).
Again, one day events will only award half points.

After the points are counted at Exiles Open in September a trophy will be awarded to the highest placed Coach and Stunty Coach.

I hope all that makes sense to everyone, if it doesn't please ask here and one of the organisers will, hopefully, pop in and answer any queries.

Qualifying tournaments:
ExeBowl I - 18th October 2014 - Hawk wins
Albion Coast Trophy 2 - 30th November 2014 - Itchen wins
Welsh Open 2015 - 31st Jan/1st Feb 2015 - AndyDavo wins
BUBBA Bowl - Sat 28th Feb 2015 - DaPiranha wins
ARBBL Open 2015 - 28th/29th March 2015 - vmcat wins
Crumb-Bowl 4 - The Magic number - 11/4/2015 - hungdonkeyman wins
Cakebowl 5 - 6th/7th June - Dionysion wins
Exiles Presents: Speedbowl 4 - 14th Jun 2015 - landrover wins
Gert Bowl - 25th/26th July - Rubick wins
The Albion Coast Cup - 29th/30th August - Joemanji wins
Exiles Open 7: Lucky Stars - 12/13th Sept 2015

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: South-West Tournament Championship 2015

Post by Darkson »

Final Main table:

Contenders:

The rest:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Final Stunty table:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

And we're off. The 2015 SWTC calendar starts this week, yes in 2014, but the majority of the events are in 2015 so that's why :)

And Exiles is the last event, according to tradition and if we stop doing traditionaly things we may as well pack up and let the 'roaches win :)

Once again, people, if you have any questions, just ask here and one of us (probably Darkson or me) will be along to answer.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Great to have 1-dayers added to the SWTC and proud that ExeBowl will kick off the new season.

Good luck to everyone taking part in one of the 11 events and I hope to see as many of you as possible over the next few months.

Pete

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Updated for Exebowl.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:Updated for Exebowl.
Where's the other 7 coaches?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Good question...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

All 32 are there, just ignore the # number, I forgot to exclude it from the sort. Will try and get an updated pic uploaded later.

Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

The pick'n'mix not counting for this then?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Might actually manage to compete for this in 2015, as I'll be mixing up teams. Dreamscreator for the win, though!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I'm new to all this but hopefully I'll be providing a happy punch bag for some of you more experienced coaches in 2015...

See you all soon on the Grid Iron :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Northernknight wrote:The pick'n'mix not counting for this then?
No, as originally it would have been Teams, then I thought about entering it as two one-dayers to late.
If there's a public outcry between now and Friday on this issue the other organisers might change their minds. :wink:

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

When are the new tournaments logo's being added??

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

When someone can poke Pinback (did you notice the amateurish number 5 in 2015)?